Question about Fatal Fury Special SDM's

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Hey...I just got my AES system and one of the games I got was Fatal Fury Special. I like the game so far. I don't really have any trouble pulling off moves till it comes time to try and do a SDM. I don't know if it is me, but is it just normally hard to do them?? I did Terry's Power Geyser twice, but it was more out of sheer luck than anything. I haven't been able to do anyone else's SDM yet. If anyone could give tips I'd appreciate it. Also, just wondering for my own interest, but is it this hard to do super moves in the KOF games when playing on the AES? Thanks.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It takes practice man. I remember having a bit of trouble learning them when Fatal Fury 2 came out (SDMs were a new thing to me). Took me a couple months to master, but now I have them down cold. You just gotta keep with it, and break the moves down slowly for you to learn.

Like say just hold the joystick (or pad, whichever you're using). Slowly do the motions until you can comfortably pull them off. Now when you're in a match, that's a completely different story. I see people struggling to do them, and go WAY faster than they're supposed to and they don't get anything done. Be comfortable when playing. Try and pull it off with ease and don't worry if your opponent is going to hit you (until later, after you've practiced more). Soon you will learn how to bring in the combos to link SDMs and it'll all be gravy from there. KOFs combos aren't hard either. If you're having trouble, just try and use my advice at the top. A lot of the Neo fighters don't have practice modes, so you're kinda outta luck there. There's some nice ports of them out there that have them though, and worth it if only for that option. Have fun with the best Neo game out there, FFS :D