SSVS & BAM:A, Boot or No Boot

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
I just recently bought a Samurai Shodown 5 Special cart from Excellentcom and a Bust a Move: Again cart here on the forums. I'm thinking that their both authentic, but anyway I want your opinions.

SSVS
ssvs10.jpg

ssvs20.jpg

BAM:A
0.jpg

00.jpg

I'm sorry about the crappy pics, my digital camera isn't that good.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
As long as that's not windowed chips accross the top then

From what I see both look Legit.....(everything looks right)

Last edited:

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
What do you mean by the windowed chips? I believe the ones on the top are all toshiba though if that helps.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
From my experience with Excellent.com, if they say it is original then it is.

If it is a boot they will let you know, same as Cosmicco.

They look OK to me, but I dont have a comparison so may be wrong.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Hakkai said:
What do you mean by the windowed chips? I believe the ones on the top are all toshiba though if that helps.

Those are all masks, no eproms ?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Window Chip-Eproms..

Hakkai said:

Yes those...all toshiba chips and your good to go-Legit(I just couldn't make out the pic clearly)

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Someone please sell me BAM:A :(

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
Thanks again, that is what the BaM:A boards I have look like. I don't think I've seen someone else here post what an the boards of a Samurai Shodown V Special either.

chris1 said:
I don't have an Samurai Shodown 5 for comparison(mines a boot :lolz:

Here's My Bust A Move Again..

BustamOveAgain.jpg

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Found my other BAM 2 board set pic.(I could of swore the board sets were different..

bam22.jpg

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I have a boot of Puzzle Bobble 2,generic label and it contains all eproms. I will scan the boards at a later time(CPU is Fu(ked ATM)
My PB2 boot will work with my MV 1c(didn't try any other MVS mobo) and with my SC][ and JPN AES (output 10V 1000ma). It resets itself immediately or sometime during play using the SC][ and a US AES(output 5v 3A)
-BB

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
I have a boot of Puzzle Bobble 2,generic label and it contains all eproms. I will scan the boards at a later time(CPU is Fu(ked ATM)
My PB2 boot will work with my MV 1c(didn't try any other MVS mobo) and with my SC][ and JPN AES (output 10V 1000ma). It resets itself immediately or sometime during play using the SC][ and a US AES(output 5v 3A)
-BB

Interesting. I wonder how it would work with an early (5V) US AES and a blue Phantom 1.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Your SSVS is 100% legit... I have pics of my old PCB's somewhere around here...

BAM:A looks pretty legit to me too. I can't tell cuz the pic is blurry, but i'm 95% sure its good.