Alternative to AD725 ???

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Guys i trying built my onw RGB to NTSC convert....and i found this:

RGB_schematic.jpg

But here (Brazil) this IC is very rare.....so someone can help me other schematic ???

PS:I trying built other whit a Sony encoder original released in Genesis(Sega) but i think will not work.....

[]'Macck

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Analog Devices used to ship two free samples for "evaluation purposes" I think several members here took advantage of that, I just visited their site and do not see the sample offer anymore ? Anyone know ?

The AD 724 is preferable imho if you do not intend using composite, the difference between the 724 and 725 is the luma trap which involves more components, also the 725 uses a 4FSC oscillator instead of a common a garden Xtal with the 724. If you do a search there are several threads on this encoder.

Great for Neo Geo but seems unstable for some games like MK series.

http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles...heets/AD724.pdf&fterm=AD724&fterm=AD724&la=en

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
If you register at the AD site you may be able to order your free evaluation samples, they will supply 2 pcs and cover freight.

Edit: assuming Brazil is on their mailing list (which Im sure it is), PNG is not, had to do it via Australia. If required I think I have some spare somewhere.

Last edited:

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
ttooddddyy said:
If you register at the AD site you may be able to order your free evaluation samples, they will supply 2 pcs and cover freight.

Edit: assuming Brazil is on their mailing list (which Im sure it is), PNG is not, had to do it via Australia. If required I think I have some spare somewhere.

Ohw man......let me try............

Thx again

[]'Macck