Removing scratches on a Neo Geo AES

Newbie here to the forums.

First lemme say that you guys have kick ass forum here.

Anywho, I ran in to one of the biggest finds and that would be my new Neo Geo AES system with 6 games, but of course, the system has scratches on it and I was wondering if theres any possible way to get rid of the scratches? If not, if theres a place where I can find a replacement shell for it? Also, if I can get some replacement screws for it as well. Theres 2 screws miss and it looks like someone opened it and lost the screws. lol

Thanks!

Last edited:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I've noticed MVS cartridges use the same screws as the AES. Maybe you could pick up a dead MVS game for cheap and salvage a few screws (considering you want exact replacements).

Hmmm... Lets see if I can find any place where I can find MVS carts around here. Lucky I found the NG AES system with these 6 games.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Where did you find the NG AES system with 6 games. ..?

A hardware store may be able to help you out with the screws.

chris1 said:
Where did you find the NG AES system with 6 games. ..?

A hardware store may be able to help you out with the screws.

I found it at a pawn shop. The guy first offered 125 bucks, but he knocked it off and asked for 40 bucks and one of my old cell phones which alot of people won't believe.

Heres some pics of my purchase...

56k WARNING

DSCF1070.jpg

DSCF1073.jpg

DSCF1075.jpg

Fatal Fury w/ booklet (Garou Densetsu) = Jap

Fatal Fury 3 w/ booklet = US

Fighters History w/booklet = Jp

Samurai Shodown = US

Samurai Spirits II = Jap

Samurai Spirits III = Jap

Memory Card

Neo Geo Stick

LOL Exactly what I said. Orginally, I was looking for a Sega Saturn, but found this baby instead. I called a couple other pawn shops to see if I can find anymore NG Carts and one of them claim to have some Neo Geo carts, so I might check that out today.

Edit: I've finally got some screws from the hardware store and still waiting on any suggestions for removing scratches from the system it self.

Last edited:
LookOverHere said:
I found it at a pawn shop. The guy first offered 125 bucks, but he knocked it off and asked for 40 bucks and one of my old cell phones which alot of people won't believe.

Heres some pics of my purchase...

56k WARNING

DSCF1070.jpg

DSCF1073.jpg

DSCF1075.jpg

Fatal Fury w/ booklet (Garou Densetsu) = Jap

Fatal Fury 3 w/ booklet = US

Fighters History w/booklet = Jp

Samurai Shodown = US

Samurai Spirits II = Jap

Samurai Spirits III = Jap

Memory Card

Neo Geo Stick

man you got a f***ing deal on that lucky bas***d. congrates on that.:)

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Thats a great find man! Samurai 3 alone is easily worth more than double what you spent (assuming it has the manual and is in nice shape).

As far as the scratches on the shell go, I'm pretty sure your stuck with them.

M

mblvshj

hell yeah thats a fantastic deal...i paid 314 for mine and all i got was samurai showdown

jetblue

Crossed Swords Squire
*goes to search every pawn shop in town*

Great deal,I am also seeking a replacement shell. A clear shell would look awsome.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
One hell of a find. Damn....

Anyway, there is a guy on ebay that sells dead aes systems out of japan. The shells on them are usually in amazing shape. He doesnt have any auctions up right now, but just keep an eye out. He lists them all the time and no one ever seems to bid on them

-DZ

mydodgedip

n00b
For the scratches, you can try using some Number 7 brand rubbing and polishing compound. Works on plastic lenses really well, should work on the plastic cover as well. Like any cleaning product, try it in a small spot on the bottom or out of the way before doing the whole thing to make sure it works ok.

jwm2 said:
Take it back and get a refund, hehe ;)

Nevar!! :p

billd420 said:
Wow what town did you snag that in?

-B

Right here in my home town. Hartford.

mydodgedip said:
For the scratches, you can try using some Number 7 brand rubbing and polishing compound. Works on plastic lenses really well, should work on the plastic cover as well. Like any cleaning product, try it in a small spot on the bottom or out of the way before doing the whole thing to make sure it works ok.

Not a bad idea. I pick that up 2marrow and give it a go.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I woud recommend that you do nothing to the shell. The polish or compound will cause ugly smudges or smears.
-BB

mydodgedip said: