Newbie to the Forum asks his first question

Dough

n00b
Hi evereyone. I'm new to the forum and like yourselves I think Neo Geo is awesome! I've got a four-slot at home and a few carts. I just had my pcb die for the second time in two years (I get that test grid that won't go away) and was thinking of going the emulation route in the arcade cabinet. The question I have is... are there any emulators that let you load multiple carts at the same time? I like having my 4 slot be a 4 slot but mame only lets you do one cart at a time. I've loked at the faqs for some of the other emulators and searched the net but I never see it mentioned. It's not like it would kill me to restart to load another cart, but if it's just a matter of finding the right emulator I'd like to know.

Thanks

Dough
:A: :B: :C: :D:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Not the answer to your question,but would be mine..

Just buy another 4 slot board man,they aren't that high in price today..

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I take it from your post that you have never used mame before. Mame32 uses a front end that loads up a list of all the availible roms in your mame rom directory. When you want to switch games, you back out of the rom and it brings you back to the list to pick another rom.

But dont be one of those guys with all TeH RoMz....just buy another mvs.

BTW, are you sure your carts are not just dirty? That grid shows up when the carts are not making contact with the cartridge slot. Try cleaning the the mvs cart and the contacts on the slot...or just becoe a rom whore like everyone else seems to be nowadays :mr_t:

Dough

n00b
It's not the carts

I've checked to see if the carts are dirty & tried separating the two boards and re-seating. I was thinking of trying the uni-bios next as I see it has some troubleshooting screens for hardware.

Dough
:conf: