New design for NeoGeoForLife.com - free competition (win Cardfighters for the DS)

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Well, it's been a long time since I really did anything with NeoGeoForLife.com, but I finally got round to doing something. I have completely redesigned the site from the ground up and started to add some new content... there's still much to be done and the shock box downloads section still needs to be uploaded (and there will be many improvements to the old version), but for the most part it is ready. The design is totally different and if you register you can choose from a variety of colour schemes, so hopefully there is something for everyone! :)

To celebrate the opening of the new site, I am giving away a copy of Cardfighters DS, which has been pre-ordered from play-asia.com, and will be shipped on the US release date next month. It's nice and simple to enter, simply head to the site, find some codes that are hidden and private message them to me (you'll need to register). The winner will be drawn at random at the end of this month.

Take a look and let me know what you think, constructive criticism also welcome. There's much to do and if anyone has any suggestions about what would make your visit to the site more enjoyable, please let me know! For more info on the new stuff, please go here:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/news.php?readmore=11

Thanks guys/gals! :buttrock:

Kaz

ps the dns for the domain name has only recently changed over, so it may still direct you to the old site... if it does, please check back in a few hours! :)

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Thanks guys. I apologise for anyone that tried to register yesterday and got a message saying that the admin needed to authorise your registration... I had forgotten to change that setting when the site went up officially. It's fixed now! :)

Started to get entries for the competition - good luck to everyone!

Kaz

ps Xian Xi, I love the South Park sig :D

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Thanks, would be nice to see you on there, and it's always nice to know there are more UK based SNK fans around. :)

Kaz

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
I tried to check it out earlier but I guess the site wasnt up yet. I'll try again and register now.

I saw your previewed layout a few days ago, looks sick.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I was trying to upload an avatar but I just could not get it down to 30kb 100x100 without it looking like ass. Are you planning on bumping the file size limit later....or soon?

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
DeadPixels said:
I tried to check it out earlier but I guess the site wasnt up yet. I'll try again and register now.

I saw your previewed layout a few days ago, looks sick.

Yea I think the site did go down very briefly yesterday, only for about 15 minutes or so so that might have been the problem. Should be ok now! :)

Xian Xi: yea, that needs sorting out, but for some reason it didn't wprk when I last tried to change it. If need be I can upload your avatar for you manually, and hopefully I can fix the filesize problem soon. Shoot me a pm at the site :)

Kaz

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Thanks, glad you like those!, especially the wallpapers and the Jukebox. I'm not 100% sure how many people are actively using those features really, so it's nice to hear from another person that definitely likes them! :)

Kaz

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I like what I see, seems like a solid site. I just registered, same username.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Just thought you should know the site is horribly broken in Safari. Only the left column displays, centered in the page. I was looking at the site for about 15 minutes trying to figure out how the hell to register.

Looks sweet though (on Firefox), just signed up. Glad Google is serving ads for Southtown on there :tickled:

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Thanks both, look forward to seeing you over there! :)

As for the Safari problem, I will see what I can do, but I'm not sure if it is fixable, perhaps it just doesn't like the PHP Fusion system the site is using for some reason. If there is something that is messing it up and I can sort it out I definitely will do, as although (judging by the stats I have from the old site) not many of my visitors use safari, I really would prefer it if it was accessible to everyone. I'll check it out if I can when I have time!

Not seen any ads for southtown on google yet, but I really must affiliate with them. I know I was sent emails about it a long time ago, but I had completely forgotten about it and to be honest for a long time I haven't been able to do anything with the site due to other commitments. I'll get in touch with them! :)

Speaking of this stuff, the shock box inserts should all be online this weekend with any luck. Being an MVS player, having those inserts online is very important to me! :)

Kaz

kroko^unleashed

Rugal's Thug
There are no news when browsing with opera. Dont know if it looks good with ff, but with opera it looks random.

Flavor

Saver,
kroko^unleashed said:
There are no news when browsing with opera. Dont know if it looks good with ff, but with opera it looks random.

Yeah, all I get with Opera is the "Navigation" frame. It looks fine with IE.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Hmmm, I'll have to see if I can figure out what is causing it to be broken in Opera. From the stats I know not many of our visitors use Opera, but I'd really prefer it if it worked ok as it's a pain for people out there that prefer it to other browsers. I'll see what I can do, sorry for the problems guys!

As a side not, the competition ended today, a day late due to current PC problems that I have. The winner has been announced, although it seems that the release date for SVC has been put back. I am giving the winner the option of choosing another game or item from play-asia if they wish, or they can hang on until the supposed release date in April. It's not like SNK to put release dates back eh? ;)

Kaz