New POWs found - Metal Slug 3

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Don't know if it was posted before but in Stage 2 I found 2 additional POW's.

Where ?

- Just after you jump of the broken plane ( right after you get the Thunder Cloud ), there are a lot of female zombies there ( where you get the Enemy Chaser ).

- Kill them all to get your job easier. Just don't get too much into the right direction.
turn left and throw a grenade inside the opened broken airplane. 2 Pow's will come.

Does anybody know the best way to save the president in the last stage ? those fucking aliens are always keeping well the passage. To kill them means alomost = destroying the alien door. wich is bad if you want to rescue the president. :mad:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
... OMG

you didn't know about those? lol

hardly new.. by the way lou gojira, these are the Two POW's I was trying to badly explain their location to you.

byeeee! buttrock

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
kernow:
... OMG

hardly new.. by the way lou gojira, these are the Two POW's I was trying to badly explain their location to you.

byeeee! buttrock
LOL !! As a matter of fact, those were the only two I didn't knew in the whole game ! :rolleyes:

AH! Shame on me ! loco

Anyway, any tips to get the president without risking a life ? eye eye

It's the only part of the game I risk my lives to get the perfect score. If don't die there, I'm fucking happy ! :cool:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Atrophyed:
kernow:
... OMG

byeeee! buttrock
LOL !! As a matter of fact, those were the only two I didn't knew in the whole game ! :rolleyes:

AH! Shame on me ! loco

Anyway, any tips to get the president without risking a life ? eye eye

It's the only part of the game I risk my lives to get the perfect score. If don't die there, I'm fucking happy ! :cool:
Whole game eh?

Well if you miss simple ones like that ,who says you can't miss ones later.

:)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
kernow:
Whole game eh?

Well if you miss simple ones like that ,who says you can't miss ones later.

:)
Sure! Before I found those, I had a max score of 93 POW's saved if taking the Dhrillslug Route and 95 by the Pyramid route.

with those other 2, it makes the total. I guess it's that number. smirk

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Atrophyed:

Does anybody know the best way to save the president in the last stage ? those fucking aliens are always keeping well the passage. To kill them means alomost = destroying the alien door. wich is bad if you want to rescue the president. :mad:
Saving the president is easy if you have enough grenades. You should already have a flame shot by this point in the game, so waste their bullets with the flame shot, then stand back, jump, and throw a few grenades.

Don't worry if you blow the door open, it doesn't pull you in. After hopping up on top of the door, you'll have to shoot around until you find the secret spot where he's hidden. All the president left me was a lousy coin worth 10 points or so. :rolleyes:

However, I finally found out what that point in the tail of the wrecked plane is for in mission 2. You know, the point you can stand and shoot, but doesn't drop shit? Well, if you happen to get zombified, stand back and use a puke attack. Once the puke archs up and hits the spot, a canister drops down worth 1000 points (and of course if you drag your ass getting to it, ip pops open making it worth a measly 100).

Yeah, kernow, I finally got those POW's just last night as a matter of fact. Had to use a few grenades until I found the right spot... :(

Now, if only I can find the secret spot in the asteroid field where it gives your rocket two vulcans. I found it by accident once, and can't do it again for anything...

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Lou Gojira:
All the president left me was a lousy coin worth 10 points or so. :rolleyes:

However, I finally found out what that point in the tail of the wrecked plane is for in mission 2. You know, the point you can stand and shoot, but doesn't drop shit? Well, if you happen to get zombified, stand back and use a puke attack. Once the puke archs up and hits the spot, a canister drops down worth 1000 points (and of course if you drag your ass getting to it, ip pops open making it worth a measly 100).
The president will also give you grenades. just hang on. they'll appear.

and the shooting plane tail thing... you don't have to puke anything or get mummified. just don't destroy the crate. Get over it and shoot the tail. stand back to get the 1000 points, destroy the crate and then proceed your game. wink

easy ! :D

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
saving the president.. mmm

why don't you use the hostage that guards you and throws hadokens..

he kills the aliens straight away, then you jump up there.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
kernow:
saving the president.. mmm

why don't you use the hostage that guards you and throws hadokens..

he kills the aliens straight away, then you jump up there.
Because if you don't go up by the right time, they'll keep coming.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
So have you guys found the secret stash of frogs in mission 1 yet?

Sorry, but I hate to see this topic get buried. Metal Slug 3 is so awesome, we need to be on here talking about the gameplay of it on a daily basis! :)

Hey Hawkmoon, where you at man? Get in on this thread! I know you've got some secrets and play mechanics to talk about!

Oh, and by the way, which pathes do you guys take in mission 1? I've found myself getting the most points taking the capsule/portal in the top of the jungle.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Well hmm I'm not sure what to say here, but on the topic of hard to find hostages, my favorite two are the ones which come out of the cave on mission 2. Blow open the cave entrance but don't go in. Two hostages will come out if you wait. One of them drops grenades. Having 40 or so grenades for the boss is the key to not dying on him.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Or you could just fight the boss of mission 2 as a zombie, and then you can take them aliens out in record time with the puke attack. Of course, you'll lose the monkey in the process...

Did you guys know about the secret stash of fruit right before you go into the capsule on mission 1? Just shoot around the base of the capsule, and a plethora of apples and bannanas rain down. Once you scarf all of this up, you'll get good and fat, making your fat shots excellent for fighting the giant crabs in the underground bunker.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I like that secret damnit.. argh falling fruit

I go the middle way, you simply get more score

22 hostages and around 700-780,000 on points by the end of the first mission.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
kernow:
I like that secret damnit.. argh falling fruit

I go the middle way, you simply get more score

22 hostages and around 700-780,000 on points by the end of the first mission.
Middle way meaning the boat ride? I always thought this was frustrating because the damn POW's tend to fall into the water and/or run off the side of the boat if you get preoccupied fighting everything. Still, I can see where you'd say this would give you the most points, even though the high point monkey is on another path...

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
By the way, has anybody counted how many POW's will run out while fighting the Crab Boss? The most I've seen run out is five, but somehow I remember there being a lot more at other times...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
its more than five but less than ten

.. I think spock

such an awesome game.. I was playing it yesterday and doing incredibly bad, so I decided to go routes I usually wouldn't

sub on mission 1
ostrich on 3
arabs on 4

I gave up then, I found a few neat secrets on the bridge to the arab cave though, but its not enough to warrant going that way - too hard.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
eek! A few neat secrets?! Details man, details!

I know what you mean about having bad days on this game. Just last night I couldn't even keep the Slug Walker while fighting the Crab Boss intact.

Speaking of the Arabs, I've noticed that if you can get a Fat Shot going on, particularly the Fat Flame, those Arabs will be toast in no time. Just keep moving ahead to avoid the planes above, and the level's pretty cake. I just panic when I see the man-carried tanks, because their damned shots don't follow a pattern at all. I just grenade their asses into next week as soon as I see 'em.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
ok you know the bridge thing you walk up before you enter the arab cave?

well, shoot the light fittings on the pillars.

and then shoot the roof of the entrance at the end of the bridge - before going in

CarBaXinE

POSSIBLE SCAMMER - BEWARE
kernow:

and then shoot the roof of the entrance at the end of the bridge - before going in
Thanks for that one, i did not know that.

i have 1 but everone probally allready know'z it
in level 2 in the ice cave go to the elephant
before you ride him shoot behind its ass, and a hole shit load of coins come out.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
CarBaXinE:
kernow:

Thanks for that one, i did not know that.

i have 1 but everone probally allready know'z it
in level 2 in the ice cave go to the elephant
before you ride him shoot behind its ass, and a hole shit load of coins come out.
with clever dismounting of the elephant, you can collect some blue and red jewels which vary from 100-30,000 points.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Lou Gojira:
So have you guys found the secret stash of frogs in mission 1 yet?

Sorry, but I hate to see this topic get buried. Metal Slug 3 is so awesome, we need to be on here talking about the gameplay of it on a daily basis! :)

Hey Hawkmoon, where you at man? Get in on this thread! I know you've got some secrets and play mechanics to talk about!

Oh, and by the way, which pathes do you guys take in mission 1? I've found myself getting the most points taking the capsule/portal in the top of the jungle.
Wich frogs ? the ones hidden near the submarine ?

One of my fav secret points is the one one level 3. Just after you have killed all the last cameras do not go imediatelly to the elevator. shoot the crates in the top left corner.

A bird in a nest will appear and will give you 50,000pts.

Also an other 50,000pts frog appear on the last boss. you'll have to shoot every orange bubble ( Very Hard to get ). It'll pop up. wink

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
A lot of coins can be found on the ICEMAN cave.

Just after you reached the elephant Slug, don't mount him.

go to the far left of the screen ( facing left ) and shoot against the rocks/wall. step back and then jump to get them all in once. a lot of points tough. wink

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
camera stage..

shoot up at soon as you get out of the water.. a medal will drop down.

walk along a little, find some boxes on the floor before going onto the first lift.. shoot down and something will also pop out.

shame A

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
kernow:
camera stage..

shoot up at soon as you get out of the water.. a medal will drop down.

walk along a little, find some boxes on the floor before going onto the first lift.. shoot down and something will also pop out.

shame A
I knew the first secret you stated. You just forgot to say that it's random. it can be on the first platform or in the second. it completely random.

I'll try the other one today tough. Hope it's a 50,000pts doll or frog! loco

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
kernow:

Thanks for this pointer. I kept thinking the bridge was a little too quiet. :cool: