Okay, stop the press!!!!!

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
I just read this little tidbit a while ago...

Monkey Man!!: In this installment we are treated to the very amusing and fun "Monkey Mode", if you remember and liked the "Big Mode" in MS3 sorry to be the bearer of bad news again but it's so gone. I love the addition of the monkey mode since you can pull off some nice slick little combo kills with it but it doesn't show up enough for my tastes unfortunately.
This is taken from Yung Burnout's review of Metal Slug 4. I tried to find a code or something that pertains to "Big Mode" in Metal Slug 3, but no luck. Does anybody got a clue what this is all about? I keep picturing giant characters or something...

NeoBob

New Challenger
If you collect enough food items in certain areas of the game you become fat, slower, but more powerful.

Bob

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Ah, okay. I didn't know it had a particular name for it. I pictured "Big Mode" to be a trick you could pull off making the characters really huge, much like the small character trick in Fatal Fury 3. Thanks for the clarification. :)

NeoBob

New Challenger
I could be wrong, but I think that's what they are referring to. When I first heard of "Big Mode" I thought of Big Head Mode in NBA Jam, but I don't think it's anything like that.

Bob

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Big mode is also in MS2 and MSX :)

Appears in MS4 as well, but in like just 2 places.