AES graphics glitches

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Same here

Yeah im having the same prob with a few carts.
Carts seem dirty and I lost the cleaning thread.

anyone know the reason for this?
or is it related to something else?

thanks

JustinS

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I had this problem and cleaning the games worked.

seamoon

New Challenger
I've now, like a madman, been brushing the teeth of those carts with electronic cleaner and a tootbrush, to no avail. Same shit. Both games were bought as NOS anyway, so they shouldn't be that dirty. Strange. All my other games work fine, so I suppose the system slot isn't dirty either...
Thanks for your tip anyway. Glad it worked for you.

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Where did you get your Carts?

Hey Seamoon, who did you purchase yours from?

Mine came from Yanton and they were filthy. Stunk up my whole house when I first got them. Dirt and Cigarette smoke film. Pissed me off.

Cant find that cleaner at any radio shack. Guess im going to have to order some online.

JustinS

Pepot_76

n00b
Glitches

Hello ! I'm new in the Forum and I'm from Spain :)

Well I was searching things about this problem and now... the first time i see anybody talking about.

I will explain my experience with this problem bcoz i had different AES systems in my home with this "problem" ... with Sengoku, Robo Army, Crossed Swords and Phantom too.

I have actually 2 japanese AES 100.xxx and 200.xxx that happens it, but my old PAL AES didn't have this problem, and these games working fine. I'm really curious about it... Maybe it's a Bios thing...

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Picked up some cleaner

OK

I was having the same problem

then I cleaned everything. Spending over 15 mins per cart and now they play
without any problems

http://www.hardmvs.com/html/cleaning.htm

Go slow and take your time. I used the eraser trick mentioned in the link
and it fixed it.

Seems there is an oxide layer or film that can develop in Bars or
certain homes (smokers, Unprotected exposure)
and it allows a build up on the games.

It works well now.

If your Neo system itself needs cleaning then use this :

http://www.hardmvs.com/html/slotCleaning.htm

Between the two efforts your games should be playing flawlessly

Start by cleaning the game thouroughly.
Use the recommended cleaner in the thread from Radio Shack.

Our local Radio Shack didnt have it. I drove to the next town to get some
since I didnt want to wait for it to be shipped.

If this doesnt work then clean the system itself using the directions in the above link.
That should solve it. It worked for me.

Thanks guys for the tips.

I hope that helps those of you who are still having trouble.
If you arent using a bootleg copy game then your most likely problem is
just 10 bux and a good scrubbing away.

Best Regards,

JustinS:)

seamoon

New Challenger
Hi all, great with all the input, but let me point out that we're not talking dirty MVS-cassettes but clean and unplayed AES-games bought as new old stock, here.
Very intersesting what you're saying Pepot_76, because I have a late serial number japanese console too. Would love to have the ability to test them on a USA or PAL-console and see if the problem persists!
Please, if someone has the same problem with the mentioned games, don't hesitate to tell us what region your console has! If it's japanese, maybe we've pinpointed the problem.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
ive never had this problem on mine personally (at lleast nothing a good cleaning didn't fix) and it's an NTSC/U system with a low serial #

M

mblvshj

ive alwaysed used rubbing alcohol and a q-tip to clean the contacts to my nes games and its always worked like a charm,i dont know about aes games b/c i havent got my aes quite yet

as far as not being able to find the compressed air at radio shack try an office depot, or a walmart,i know they sell it,best buy probley does its not like its the holy grail lol

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
I have had the same problems with 3 of my carts. In order from best to worst case; KOF 95, Samsho 2 and Fatal Fury 2. The glitches are always at the same parts of the games. KOF 95 it is random on Physcho Soldier stage for example. As for Fatal Fury 2, it is a big ass glitchy block in the center of the back ground. What in the hell?

I clean the ever living crap out of the carts and system. I even tested the games on 2 different AES systems. Just bad carts or something? I might as well try on more time and use something that eats anything off metal.

Pepot_76

n00b
The Glitches and different AES problems i saw

Well... In the case i'm talking about... I had some AES systems and i can't say exactly which serials have this problem, but it's not exclusive for a concrete region.

I had 2 PAL system : one of them ran these games perfectly without any problems ( I don't know why this console had the reversed Stereo in the headphone output ) (50.xxx) aprox...
the other had the problem of the glitches and, for exemple... in TV sound output (not in headphone one but there was a lil interference noise in the deep ) had a distorsion in games like KOF 96 (Athena Stage) Samurai Spirits (Nakoruru, Hanzou) ... the stereo was in the correct side... (30.xxx) aprox...

The Japanese Systems 100.xxx and 200.xxx I have right now ( i don't wanna disconnect them for see the serial :P ) are correct with Sound TV output and headphones... but they have the glitches in the old games like "Sengoku, Robo Army" and i know that if i use a Phantom there ... the glitches will be in all the MVS carts i will conect... it's REALLY strange !!

Last edited:

Pepot_76

n00b
glitches

Anyway ... I think the problem is not a problem about cleaning or not cleaning, because my 200.xxx jap aes is practically new !! I think that this happens because a bios thing or another hardware thing...

I just bought a convert cart ( it will arrive tomorrow and i will post about it works ) and i'm scared about it... I don't wanna play Kizuna with glitches !!

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
seamoon said:
Hi all, great with all the input, but let me point out that we're not talking dirty MVS-cassettes but clean and unplayed AES-games bought as new old stock, here.

Hey man, never say never! I once bought new unplayed AES-carts too and the first thing I had to do was to clean them. They just didn't run without a good clean. Even unplayed games as ols as yours have to be by looking at the titles, there might be some corrosion or something that needs to be cleaned. You usually can't see the dirt with your eyes, but you will see it on the cotton swab afterwards. Get some alcohol and get going!

Pepot_76

n00b
I received Kizuna and Burning Fight today...

Kizuna doesn't have any problem, but Burning Fight has Glitches

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
seamoon said:
Hi all, great with all the input, but let me point out that we're not talking dirty MVS-cassettes but clean and unplayed AES-games bought as new old stock, here. ..........

Well that doesnt really matter. There can me oxidation on the metal. Lay a piece of iron outside for 10 years without using it. It will rust. Same thing happens with cartridge connectors basically; if oxygen can reach it it will oxidate and a layer of oxidation will form on it.