my AES system (which thinks its an MVS system) is stuck in the bios screen. help!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
ok this is kind of a follow up to the mini saga that I posted about here:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149787

basically this AES works as an MVS and on a TV set works wrong (modded to work in a cab). also works only with Ninja Combat it appears -and the memory card allows it to boot up.

so I decided to try and turn it back into an AES system and pulled all the wires out inside (unwittingly). now it's the same deal - it only works with this (modded?) mem card inserted - just that now it goes into a bios screen:
neo-geo ver 0.1

and that's it. the system has not gone back to AES form (I have no clue about these things I just thought pulling out the wires would help), and now it's just in the bios screen. I can't contol it because I don't have a cab right now. I kind of just want to turn it back into an AES system.

no digital camera for now. I'll try and get ahold of one. anyone have an idea of what's happening?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I wouldent mind a dump of the bios. that would give some answers I think

Raz

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Razoola said:
I wouldent mind a dump of the bios. that would give some answers I think

Raz
ah that would be cool. if I sent you just the PCB inside the Neo Geo and the memory card would that be enough? I may be a able to do that next week maybe.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Ai couldnt be of much help but would love the details. even the bios of this hacked system. later after you have figured it out