metal slug 3 question

CarBaXinE

POSSIBLE SCAMMER - BEWARE
Does anyone have any idea were the drill slug vehicle is in MS3??. It is the only vehicle i have not tryed out... i have been told it was on the 3rd level ?? and someone else said the 4th level, well i think its on the 4th level somewere cause there is so many diffrent routes you can take... i have been up top, in the bin laden cave, and through the mummy part, what else am i missing??

please if anyone could help me it would be great. buttrock

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
CarBaXinE:
in the bin laden cave...
Heh, nice way to describe that section of the level..

Yes the drill slug is in Level 4. Take the route into the cave and early on you will see a crank - crank the crank and and then the lid of a tube will open and you can go down it and fight lots of bugs and eventually get the drill slug.

In my opinion the first part of level 4 completely sucks, way to boring. Getting the drill slug makes the level worth playing :) Its my favorite slug.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
I thought the cave was filled with Japanese warriors, not M :D iddle Eastern men.

CarBaXinE

o so those are what the cranks are for..
cool thx man. buttrock

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Daklighterx:
I thought the cave was filled with Japanese warriors, not M :D iddle Eastern men.
I thought they were supposed to be suicide bombers. Anyway i hate that part of the level - to many guys jumping with swords. I can never seem to dodge thier swords.

Smashing bugs is more fun.

<small>[ June 01, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Lagduf ]</small>

CarBaXinE

I thought they were supposed to be suicide bombers. Anyway i hate that part of the level - to many guys jumping with swords. I can never seem to dodge thier swords.

The swords really dont bother me, its the god damn planes that they use in the caves... i can never dodge hte bullets

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
CarBaXinE:

The swords really dont bother me, its the god damn planes that they use in the caves... i can never dodge hte bullets
You can duck under the buildings to avoid the bullets.

But, yeah that part of the level is really difficult for me since 12 guys drop and when you shoot them, blow themselves up.

I normally avoid it and go to the part of the level with the maggots.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
To make it more clear:

Go inside the building on mission 4. When you find a crank on the floor (not far in at all) crank it by pusing jump when you're on it. When it's done, keep going and fall in the hatch. You'll be in a cave with bugs. It's my favorite path to take.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
CarBaXinE:
What I really hate are those bastards that use to hidde inside the Tanks shells... They're a pain in the arse to kill when you have suicide bombers behind you. :mad:

CarBaXinE

What I really hate are those bastards that use to hidde inside the Tanks shells... They're a pain in the arse to kill when you have suicide bombers behind you.
I totally agree, i get owned in the caves. thats one of the hardest parts in the game..

bloodhokuto

&#1052;&#1077;&#1085;&#1103; &#1079;&#1086;&#1074;
15 Year Member
Anyone think that the cave/tunnel section is the game's graphical low point? - save as to the actual encounters when you can use your drill machine, which is later on.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
bloodhokuto:
Anyone think that the cave/tunnel section is the game's graphical low point? - save as to the actual encounters when you can use your drill machine, which is later on.
I think the first part of level 4 is the most boring part of the game to look at graphic wise. Its just sand, and more sand, and more sand. Boring, boring, boring. So the first part of level 4 would have to be the games graphical low point for me. Level 4 is redeemed, however, when you get the drill slug :) The drill slugs animation when it goes through a bug and the bug rips apart is simply the best.

bloodhokuto

&#1052;&#1077;&#1085;&#1103; &#1079;&#1086;&#1074;
15 Year Member
You've certainly got a point re the drill animations, it was just the crawling through the day-glo coloured tunnels that looked odd.

Not that this detracts from the game one iota - the game is pure class!!

TriShield

Host for Orochi
Daklighterx:
There are two caves, the first part is full of Arabs, and the second part is full of Japanese warriors.

Possibly the strangest Metal Slug stage of all time, and one of the must fun.

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
Hey, those giant bugs are from the movie something Troopers, can't remember the name. The leader of those bugs is a giant brain sucking bug that looks just like those in the drill level. I'll check the movie again, if I can remember the whole.

Q

qube

DinoX:
Hey, those giant bugs are from the movie something Troopers, can't remember the name. The leader of those bugs is a giant brain sucking bug that looks just like those in the drill level. I'll check the movie again, if I can remember the whole.
Starship Troopers

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
right glee thanks. I'll check the movie again, I'm pretty sure it's the same alien bug.

DinoX:
right glee thanks. I'll check the movie again, I'm pretty sure it's the same alien bug.
if it isn't then they have heavily "borrowed" from that film!

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Voltamp:
DinoX:
if it isn't then they have heavily "borrowed" from that film!
For that matter, look at the little spaceships you fight through the asteroids. Those are almost carbon copies of the ships in the classic "War of the Worlds".

Besides, I'm sure everybody's saw the borrowing from "Independence Day" in the ending of 2 and X.