Metal Slug-themed arcade control board

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
OMG that is infact the most awsome controll pannel i've ever seen.

I just don't understand why it needs 8 buttons per player. Other than that, it looks perfect in every way.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
if only we had a scan of the board before the buttons we could print it out and have our own

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Looks like most of the art was pulled from the Slug calender put out a couple years ago.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Yes. He mentions that he used the 2004 calendar as a reference in his text.
He penciled and painted this thing though!!!!
I would love to mimic his design with some changes in the future.
GREAT job!
BB

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
werejag said:
if only we had a scan of the board before the buttons we could print it out and have our own

he hand drew and painted it on there. Which is insane. Plus that means the "original" art had button holes.

I would never play on it....just hang it on the wall.

M

mblvshj

pixeljunkie said:
I would never play on it....just hang it on the wall.

i would do the exact same thing......its like a gorgeous lady too beautiful to touch....aka eye candy

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
That's pretty sweet. I'm not a fan of that SD stuff though. None the less, good work.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Scratch? I don't think so.

Heck, that's an X-Arcade under the artwork. The layout, shape and control/button placement is exact.

xarcade_alone.jpg

2006-12-21_msboard.jpg

Otherwise, yeah it's very nice artwork.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
x arcade sticks pretty much sucked from what i can remember, at least the 1 player version did. all he did was ad the drawing he made to the stick right? if he actually replaced the stick and buttons with sanwa, seimitsu stick and the buttons too or either hori, then it might have been actually good. the stick looks good nonetheless but still sucks to play on. though those hori RAP 3's look mighty fine.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
x arcade sticks pretty much sucked from what i can remember, at least the 1 player version did. all he did was ad the drawing he made to the stick right? if he actually replaced the stick and buttons with sanwa, seimitsu stick and the buttons too or either hori, then it might have been actually good. the stick looks good nonetheless but still sucks to play on. though those hori RAP 3's look mighty fine.

He makes it sound like he built it from scratch [says it stayed as bare MDF for a while], probably used the dimensions from an X-arcade. Either way, the casing of the 2-player is pretty nice. The sticks suck, buttons are fine. Sticks can be easily replaced with Happs though. Plus he hand-painted the MDF...not an overlay of an inkjet print.

I really like the artwork on it. He should try doing one for a candy cab. ^_^

Last edited: