Pulstar Q's

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
Is there rhyme or reason to the upgrades of the ship and option in Pulstar?

I've always just "played" not really going for high score, or technical mastery. But now I want to 1-credit the game. The upgrades to the ship and the option seems almost random.

Is it, or am I not paying attention enough?

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
It seems to me that whenever you pick up a power-up, it'll be the same each time. That is, say a quarter of the way into stage 2, you'll get power-up A. Half way through stage 3, you'll get power-up B, and it's the same pattern everytime you fire the game up. Of course, I'm playing the CD version, and it may differ on the cart. Hope that helps. And good luck on 1-crediting your way through it. I could use 500 credits and not get through the damn thing! loco

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
yes, the powerups are always the same in every game.

there's one weapon I avoid picking up about halfway through Stage 2 because it actually makes surviving the rest of the level harder.

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
qube:
Daisuke Jigen
But now I want to 1-credit the game.
Man, good luck Jigen. I can't even beat that damn game!!!! :(
The game really isn't that hard once you learn to move your ship based on enemy shot patterns.

The number one priortiy is to learn when and where to move so that you can use the option on your ship to absorb shots, while still firing your weapon.

If you're not in tune with absorbing, you wil get nowhere.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
i dont remember the weapon i used. i think it was the one with the laser or the rocket in front. and lasers from the side. when you press A+B together and do youre supershot youlle see explosions with large star shaped white lines. this is by the way youre strongest supershot.

if i reach the last boss i always make sure i got this weapon. after he transforms you only have to use this supershot ones and the last boss is done for. use it after he loses hit spider feet or watsoever. its been a long time but if im not wrong this was the most powerfull weapon in the game. the weakest where the homing missiles i think.

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
Is it possible that the AES is way harder than CD? I remember easily beating the CD version years ago but with the AES - no fucking way! I cannot get past Level 6 - is there a strategy some where or a cheat how to power up your ship or a level select? Really want to see Level 7+8 again some time ...

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
there are cheats for the game. when you just start and youre ship is blinkingfm do UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT A then B. youre fully powered and at full speed. level select code is also present. i think you had to press ABCD buttons together. it could be that you had to press start then ABCD.

do this on the level selection screen. where you can choose between level 1~4. if you stand on 1 and press start(not for sure) and press ABCD at same time you start at level 5 instead of 1. do the same on level 4 and you start in level 8.