Wondering about a few carts...

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Well, I've got quite a few carts I want an opinion on, but I'll just do one at a time for now. First up: Garou:MotW

I'd like to apologize in advance if the picture quality is bad, my camera is terrible at close-up shots with the flash on and everything is too blurry to see with it off.:oh_no: Oh, and I kept them at full-size so they could be viewed with more detail.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
The picture quality is OK. Tthat cart is legit (most copies or Garou look like that -- it's a revision of the code that was needed after the original roms were burned, so they used eproms.

NO BOOT!

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Lime2K said:
The picture quality is OK. Tthat cart is legit (most copies or Garou look like that -- it's a revision of the code that was needed after the original roms were burned, so they used eproms.

NO BOOT!

Excellent! Next up is....Last Blade 2:

I'm almost 100% sure this is legit, but I wanted to make sure as I've only been buying MVS for about a month now, some of my other boards are more suspicious looking.:spock:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
vwlunatic said:
MOTW --> legit
LB2 --> legit too ;)

Thanks VW:) Up next is Metal Slug 3:

This is one of the boards that I'm suspicious of...Do they usually have an extra board like that?

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah it's legit.
Some MS3 have that daugtherboard and some don't...

That's also true for a few other games too.
I think that KOF 2000 is one of them.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Thanks again VW, that's good to know, I'd never seen one before and thought it was pretty strange. I've got a few more I will be posting later.:D

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Ok, here are a couple more:

Fatal Fury 3:

KoF '94

Again, I'm pretty sure these are authentic, but I figured I'd post them while I had this thread up. Thanks again to those who have helped out so far.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Wow, this is going well so far.:buttrock:

Here are the last two for now, I didn't feel like taking the rest apart at the time I was taking photos.

KoF '99-This is authentic, I'm pretty sure.

Metal Slug 2-This one I'm not so sure about, it came in the ugliest case and had the most blatantly fake label I have ever seen. Not that it has anything to do with the boards, but this is often a sign of a boot, correct?

Well, that's all for now, thanks again guys.:)

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
All original.

Printed labels can make you suspicious but it's very common to find printed labels on original games.
My advice is to open them up to make sure they're legit.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
vwlunatic said:
All original.

Printed labels can make you suspicious but it's very common to find printed labels on original games.
My advice is to open them up to make sure they're legit.

Yeah, what made me wonder about this one was the fact that it was labeled "Matal Slug 2" yet it still had serials and it just happened to be as low as #00019.:oh_no: :lolz:

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
Yeah, what made me wonder about this one was the fact that it was labeled "Matal Slug 2" yet it still had serials and it just happened to be as low as #00019.:oh_no: :lolz:

A lot of ebay sellers use repro labels, so it's not an uncommon thing.

Beware though, some unlabelled carts or carts with repro labels may be 'restored' carts.

That means a MVS to AES conversion was done and the leftovers used to make a MVS cart. The most common of these are Samurai Spirits 2 & Fatal Fury 3.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Superfamifreak said:
A lot of ebay sellers use repro labels, so it's not an uncommon thing.

Beware though, some unlabelled carts or carts with repro labels may be 'restored' carts.

That means a MVS to AES conversion was done and the leftovers used to make a MVS cart. The most common of these are Samurai Spirits 2 & Fatal Fury 3.

That's good to know, thanks for the info. I find it ridiculous that they can't be bothered to take the time to check the spelling though.:oh_no: I guess that is what I get for bidding on a cart that didn't show the label clearly in the picture.:lolz: