Viewpoint 2064 Beta Gameplay Video: YouTube

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I was so pissed when they axed this game years ago, and all I had to view was the images from IGN. Searching YouTube today and came across a quick gameplay video.

Viewpoint has always been my fav Neo Geo game... damn you Sammy for canceling this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4104nqQIyKY

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Thanks for the link, long time no see NTM.

Man, that makes me sad. I've always been a massive Viewpoint fan and that video actually looks like the game would have been pretty cool. Oh well.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Loopz said:
Thanks for the link, long time no see NTM.

Man, that makes me sad. I've always been a massive Viewpoint fan and that video actually looks like the game would have been pretty cool. Oh well.

I'm here every now and then, just trolling away... Felt this was newsworthy.

Viewpoint > God

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Looked nothing like ViewPoint, but still looked like a game that would have been a great addition to the N64 library. Sucks it got scrapped.

Viewpoint = my fav Neo shooter.

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
Never seen that before. Looks like a pretty cool Panzer Dragoon-like game. It's a shame with all these interesting cancelled games.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
Looked nothing like ViewPoint, but still looked like a game that would have been a great addition to the N64 library. Sucks it got scrapped.

Viewpoint = my fav Neo shooter.

That part doesnt, but if you check IGN you'll find the isometric view as well. They switched between the two throughout the game. It was shown at TGS in 2000, was supposed to be released Nov 2000 I think.

I know someone here has actually played the Beta before, curious how far it was from complete.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Dayum, nice graphics.
That 30 sec video looked better than the whole of Star Soldier 64.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
derboo said:
Never seen that before. Looks like a pretty cool Panzer Dragoon-like game. It's a shame with all these interesting cancelled games.

Panzer Dragoon + Rayforce

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I gotta say that game looks pretty damn fun, if it had been released it probably wouldve extended the 64's lifetime for me anyway.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
verry nice cammy resin kit gemant.

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
Suge was Tha Row's backbone, not X. So my question is
who is this quoted from??

Last edited:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
that looks like it would have been fun back in 1996 or whatever, but it looks like it'd play pretty shitty now