Baseball Stars 2 homecart problem

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Got a BBS2 cartridge that comes up with strange little gfx errors (little lines around the sprites and player portraits)...tried cleaning the cart with alcohol and a Q-tip numerous times but no luck. Any other methods I can try? I've never opened up one of these and I heard it's a bitch...can anyone fix it for not too much $$$?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Loopz said:
Got a BBS2 cartridge that comes up with strange little gfx errors (little lines around the sprites and player portraits)...tried cleaning the cart with alcohol and a Q-tip numerous times but no luck. Any other methods I can try? I've never opened up one of these and I heard it's a bitch...can anyone fix it for not too much $$$?

Same thing happened to my WH2 home cart. Cleaned the cart edge as well as the slot and still no improvement. So I just cut the cart in half and used the shell for a P1 that I had.

I heard it could be a broken connection on one of the ROMs. Make sure the legs are soldered firmly as some that the machine solders are exactly bonded to the doughnut which is usually the legs closest to the left side of the chip.