SNK Game Downloads for PS3

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
In a little SNK related news..

SNK Playmore's director Soichiro Hosoya mentioned that the company will be providing NeoGeo classic titles such as the King of Fighters and Metal Slug series for PlayStation 3, the games can be downloaded from the PlayStation Store.

Some free online action would be most welcome.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Awesome! although I will probably be more interested in PS2/PS3 games.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Does this mean that there will be no SNK games on the Virtual Console on the Wii????!!!

That would suck

Or will people be able to download SNK games on both systems?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
J0e Musashi said:
You mean all 3 systems? FFS is XBLA-bound.

They've been taking their sweet time getting it out. Street Fighter STILL hasn't been released yet either in Japan.

This is great news for PS3 owners, but here's hoping that the games get out sooner than the XBLA versions.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
By the time these come out, the PS 3 will probably be a couple of hundred dollars cheaper.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
galfordo said:
By the time these come out, the PS 3 will probably be a couple of hundred dollars cheaper.

snapshot20061126103911kf1.png

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
This is cool. I remember hearing that it would be a couple years before SNKP even touched the PS3. It'll probably be a couple years before I do. Time will tell.

Off topic: boy am I glad the neo-geo.com is back online! :)

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Tung Fu ru said:
Does this mean that there will be no SNK games on the Virtual Console on the Wii????!!!

That would suck

Or will people be able to download SNK games on both systems?

I hear SNK have promised games for the wii virtual console as well as the PS3 download service and its only Microsoft who hasn't got back to them regards Xbox live ? ? ?

I just found out the wii has the option of free updates for all it's virtual titles...

Online play for some maybe ?

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
One thing I don't understand is that why SNKPlaymore never re-release or let people download old SNK titles like Top Hunter, Magician Lord, Nam-75, etc???

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Liquid Snake said:
One thing I don't understand is that why SNKPlaymore never re-release or let people download old SNK titles like Top Hunter, Magician Lord, Nam-75, etc???

I dont think they have the IPs.

But shit. SNK DLs on PS3 = +1 for PS3.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Liquid Snake said:

I don't think there's enough demand for those games, only from some old timers. I know I'll get flamed for this, but in my opinion all the early Neo Geo games sucked at their time, and suck even more now :make_fac:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
I don't think there's enough demand for those games, only from some old timers. I know I'll get flamed for this, but in my opinion all the early Neo Geo games sucked at their time, and suck even more now :make_fac:

To fuel the fire, what games on the Neo suck to you?

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Good news for NeoGeo fans, but I wonder who will be willing to pay to play roms on PS3, when they can already do it by using the xmame port... and without needing any system hacks.

Maybe if they deliver the games with online play functions?

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
hanafudaX said:
In a little SNK related news..

SNK Playmore's director Soichiro Hosoya mentioned that the company will be providing NeoGeo classic titles such as the King of Fighters and Metal Slug series for PlayStation 3, the games can be downloaded from the PlayStation Store.

Some free online action would be most welcome.

wow, great news if turns out to be true.

should shut up some of the n-g.com anti-sony fanboys too (this is NEO-GEO.com after all)

trumps the Wii VC in my books, providing they have a good selection of neo geo titles.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:

Magician Lord sucks? Nam-75??? You must be kidding...........:mad_2:

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
Liquid Snake said:

yeah he must have shitty taste, he's a barca fan after all :p

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Here my $64,000 question about this though:

Are these some sort of optimized, emulated SNK titles...or are these literally just downloadable PS1 versions of these games? Obviously, there's a massive difference.

I'm sure some peeps wouldn't mind some of the extras they packed on the PS1 versions, but more importantly, 99.9% of those conversions sucked balls compared to the real deal. I'd like this clarified.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Loopz said:
Here my $64,000 question about this though:

Are these some sort of optimized, emulated SNK titles...or are these literally just downloadable PS1 versions of these games? Obviously, there's a massive difference.

I'm sure some peeps wouldn't mind some of the extras they packed on the PS1 versions, but more importantly, 99.9% of those conversions sucked balls compared to the real deal. I'd like this clarified.

Well, so far in Japan, you can only download PS1 games to play on your PSP via the PS3: Tekken 2, Biohazard Director's Cut, and quite a few more that I can't remember, but there is no reason that full games won't be available in future. They are doing PS3 demo downloads already, so..

Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Liquid Snake said:

Nam 75 wasn't that bad, but yes, I've never liked Magician Lord, deal with it. Most of the early Neo Geo games were sub-par when compared to the big arcade titles of the moment, or even the regular Megadrive/Snes games. Anyway this is normal for most consoles/systems, they need a bit of time before the good games come, and in my opinion it happened when AoF, FF2 and Samurai S. were released.

I have no need to play the very first Neo titles in a next-gen console.

PS: Barça ruuuuuuuuuulz :buttrock: