SVC with no daughterboard

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Look boot-ish? Probably the Korean version? Lol, its 100% boot. You need to start reserching boots by the sounds of things.

kb9wvv

Overtop Pathfinder
J0e Musashi said:
...You need to start reserching boots by the sounds of things.

I did. Thus, my knowledge of the paranoia of the daughterboard. Also, I looked at Dannywhac's site which has images of legit and bootleg versions of this game...neither one look like this.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
kb9wvv said:
I did. Thus, my knowledge of the paranoia of the daughterboard. Also, I looked at Dannywhac's site which has images of legit and bootleg versions of this game...neither one look like this.

There is no mention of SNK/P stamped anywhere on the PCBs, that alone should have told you it was a boot. If that didn't tell you, you can then move onto the dodgy chips.

kb9wvv

Overtop Pathfinder
J0e Musashi said:
...you can then move onto the dodgy chips.

Well, yeah, the 4 windowed eproms on top and no factory markings were pretty much a giveaway. I'll give you that one.

What about all of those Altera chips? I thought those were supposed to serve as some kind of security measure.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
does it say "PLUS" on the title screen? :kekeke:

kb9wvv

Overtop Pathfinder
Haha, ok, make fun of the old guy. Guess I need to go to "boot camp."

At least now when someone searches for SVC in the "Boot or No Boot" forum they will be able to see this thread have the information available.