Zupapa, dont think its a boot! Just not sure.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
So heres my newly acquired Zupapa cart, I opened her up because its giving me some weird graphics at times. Anyway like I said not sure if its a boot just dosent look like any other of my carts.

zupapa.jpg

So 2 questions:

1. Is it a boot? (doubt it.)

2. Where do I get a replacement case, this one does screw shut tightly (possibly the problem) ? And Can I remove an original label without destroyin it?

Thanks Guys!

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
It looks legit..

Contacts need a good cleaning..

I've found that if a case is to tight on boards some inside shaving of the carts case in certain spots can solve that problem..
I've added small washers to the front-center towers that close screw together to have the case looser on the boards.

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
I aggree with you, it's legit.

I've had a couple of Zupapa's over the years and they also had 1 eprom at that same spot.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If the shell is original, don't try to replace it. There's nothing better than the original case and label for an MVS game.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Neo Alec said:
If the shell is original, don't try to replace it. There's nothing better than the original case and label for an MVS game.

Agreed..
..........................................................................................................
also..
You could buy a spare shell to play the game(put boards in) and keep the original shell with it's label away somewhere nice.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
chris1 said:
Agreed..
..........................................................................................................
also..
You could buy a spare shell to play the game(put boards in) and keep the original shell with it's label away somewhere nice.

That replacement shell is a good idea chris, The only reason I would replace the shell is that it dosent feel like its closed tightly, kinda loose.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
N80G80 said:
That replacement shell is a good idea chris, The only reason I would replace the shell is that it dosent feel like its closed tightly, kinda loose.

Thanks..

Actually I prefer the boards loose in the shell..(it's actually quite normal)

I'll shave the insides of a tightly closing on boards shell to make the boards have a slight wobble.

Tight boards in a shell don't feel right going into my mobos...I feel like I'm bending pins or spreading them wrong,plus many times with the boards too tight in a case I get graphical or sound problems..

When they are loose/wobble it gives more leeway for the cart to slide in the mobo easier/thus less wear or improper bending of the mobo's pins.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
I dunno, about wanting them to be loose LOL, my thought was the case was the prob. but even after cleaning I get some mild issues, and only on the world selection menu no biggy!! Oh and I did clean the contacts!

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Many of the carts come loose..it's normal......But now if it's abnormally loose then you may want to use another case to play the game..

You may be able to shave some of the inner case to get it to close tighter but it's chancy on an original case.
I've never had to make boards tighter in a case,thus I really wouldn't know what to do.
Maybe some type of foam rubber between the pcbs(?)Not sure if the pcbs produce heat..

I think your best bet overall is to get a spare case to put the boards in for play..

What cleaning methods are you using..?

Some of them just don't cut it for me..I have to go into a deep cleaning mode.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Cleaning methods:

Alcohol and cue tips. Is there a more efficient method?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Try inserting the boards without the shell. If it makes no difference, it's not the shell.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Neo Alec said:
Try inserting the boards without the shell. If it makes no difference, it's not the shell.

Ditto..

N80G80 said:
Cleaning methods:

Alcohol and cue tips. Is there a more efficient method?

Check this thread..
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154736

Or taken from another...
I open them and use (dry) Green or Red Scotch Brite to clean the connectors to a Golden-or silverish shine then I use 91% alcohol to get off the dirt and residue.

I've been using these methods for a long time..You just have to take your time..

They should look like this in color..
2005_1130_150937AA.jpg

2005_1130_150931AA.jpg

...........................................................................................................
Notice the small yellow part I missed on the connectors below(bottom,bottom-left)..This is from a quick use of scotch brite..I haven't cleanned the dirt off yet using alcohol

FightFever.jpg
[/QUOTE]