SAULABI SPIRITS???BOOT???

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
I bought SAMSHO 2 and it says SAULABI SPIRTS on the title screen. IT SAID ON THE AUCTION IT IS THE KOREAN VERSION. BOOT OR NO BOOT? I will take pics of the boards if it will help.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Its probably the official Korean version. You'd have to look at the actual boards though to tell.

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
I opened the case and it looked official. I didnt see any Windowed chips(EPROMS?) and from what i read around the boards thats the giveaway its a boot. ???

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Its an original Korean cart then. I have the exact same one. That is the way of the Saulabi.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Demitri1983 said:

Is it a legit english label like this?

samShoIIUS.jpg

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
mine is, as is a friend's cart, which is also the korean saulabi.

I dunno why, but I kinda like the korean one. The word saulabi alone makes it worthy.

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
I have played the Korean version of Samsho4. That one has no Japanese voices, English text even on a Japanese system, white blood and no intro. Is anything missing in Saulabi?

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
wow, that sounds like a pretty screwy version of ss4. the korean ss2 is the same as the other version, except the title screen is different, and at any point in the text where it would say Samurai, it says Saulabi instead.

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
When you open the Korean version of SS4, the P1 and M1 chips are replaced wih versions called P1K and M1K. K stands for Korean. The copy I played was legit too, no boot.

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
I have the same cart.
Can't say without looking at the board but it's probably legit.
The korean version has that name anyways :)