New SNK Playmore PAL release dates from Ignition/Atari...

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
16.11.2006 - NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM (PS2)

??.12.2006 - METAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY (Playstation Portable)

??.12.2006 - METAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY (Nintendo Wii)

11.01.2007 - THE KING OF FIGHTERS XI (PS2)

18.01.2007 - METAL SLUG (GAMEBOY ADVANCE)

25.01.2007 - SNK VS. CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS DS (DS)

31.01.2007 - SAMURAI SHODOWN VI (PS2)

??.01.2007 - KOF MAXIMUM IMPACT 2 INKL. MOVIE DVD (PS2)

Source: www.planet-snk.de
planet-snk_05.jpg

Metal Slug Anthology for Wii is confirmed for europe... ;) :buttrock:
but for KoF MI 2 europe must wait next year... :(

See here: http://www.planet-snk.de/?news=14349

Last edited:

Kap

New Challenger
I don't care about any of the Metal Slug titles, but we have to wait for MI2 + Another Day that long? Blegh. At least NGBC is close.

Thanks for the heads up.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
This may be totally incorrect, but I believe I read that the metal slug GBA games have been canceled. If I find the source again, I'll be sure to post it.

Edit: Silly me, I read it right here on these forums. I don't guess it's 100% official, but I highly doubt the GBA games will be released.

Last edited:

Matarick

Goal! Goal! Goal!
At least you Europeans can get native versions of KOF XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum while SCEA refuses to pass games ASAP due to it's anti 2d bias.

Come on Playmore, with the release of Metal Slug Anthology should give you the budget to release more fighting games in 2007.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Yeah, no crap. Don't get KOF XI and NGBC and then complain about WAITING for KOF MI 2. At least you guys get all of them, unlike us in the states, who get KOF MI 2, and neither of the other ones. I mean don't get me wrong, I like my KOF MI2, but it's not the game most of us in America want and it's not the 3d fighter to end all 3d fighters. We want KOF XI, the best of all the games on that list, and they give us Neowave and KOF MI2. It's an example of the same crappy marketing that is currently sinking Sony, they are trying to decide what we want for us, without consulting us, and getting it way, WAY wrong.

Kap

New Challenger
Sure I'm grateful and I want all 3 of them, but MI2 was supposed to be out October 27 and it now gets delayed for 3 months (but delays are all part of PAL gaming).

Kap

New Challenger
NGBC is out in Holland already for a couple of days. It's only 15 Euros and it seems that Ignition greatly reduced the loading times, because so far, I haven't encountered anything dreadful (nothing above 10-15 seconds to load up a match, sometimes it is about 6 seconds, to victory screen is about 3 seconds) in Tag Play.

In Arcade Play, the loading times are pretty fast inbetween rounds. You see a black screen while the music keeps playing and after 4 seconds, you can continue fighting.

So far, I noticed one error in Marco's skill list. One of his moves isn't fully translated and at the end of the row you see some weird pixelated square.

There's also a typo in one of Mr. Karate's winquotes.

Mizuchi is terrible, btw. =[

This is a pretty good port, I'll keep editing this post for more impressions as I continue playing.

*One question, is there supposed to be text if you see the image of Mizuchi defeated with Goodman's image following after that? I could only beat Mizuchi with continue service.

Last edited:

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
Kap said:
NGBC is out in Holland already for a couple of days. It's only 15 Euros and it seems that Ignition greatly reduced the loading times, because so far, I haven't encountered anything dreadful (nothing above 10-15 seconds to load up a match, sometimes it is about 6 seconds, to victory screen is about 3 seconds) in Tag Play.

In Arcade Play, the loading times are pretty fast inbetween rounds. You see a black screen while the music keeps playing and after 4 seconds, you can continue fighting.

So far, I noticed one error in Marco's skill list. One of his moves isn't fully translated and at the end of the row you see some weird pixelated square.

There's also a typo in one of Mr. Karate's winquotes.

Mizuchi is terrible, btw. =[

This is a pretty good port, I'll keep editing this post for more impressions as I continue playing.

*One question, is there supposed to be text if you see the image of Mizuchi defeated with Goodman's image following after that? I could only beat Mizuchi with continue service.

Thanks for your impressions... :)

NEO GEO DRAGON

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm looking forward to King of Fighters XI, probably the next best thing after KOF 98. I dont think Ignition will stick to the release date.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Only 15€ for NGBC? Here Neowave was 20€, I guess NGBC will be the same, I will buy both when I have the chance, although I own both Atomiswave versions LOL.

Kap

New Challenger
NeoWave was €20 at my place and it still is. You may get lucky with NGBC, because it's seriously cheap for a new title (even cheaper than that shitty port of SS5).

Martinov

Geese's Thug
I nearly went into a blind rage when I saw the release date for KOF XI, until I realised it'd been printed as Month/Day/Year, as opposed to Day/Month/Year. Phew, I'm happy. The release date seems to have been brought forward for once!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
If I had to guess, I'd say now that the PS3 is out, SCEA would allow 2D SNK titles.
It's just that SNKUSA doesn't want to.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
got NGBC last month here in portugal. no matter how fast the loading times are, the game looks and plays horribly. i was hoping much more.

and yes.the ss 5 conversion really sucks.one of the most awfull 2d fighting in the ps2.

Kap

New Challenger
Professor Denim said:
got NGBC last month here in portugal. no matter how fast the loading times are, the game looks and plays horribly. i was hoping much more.

and yes.the ss 5 conversion really sucks.one of the most awfull 2d fighting in the ps2.

(Not many people bought SS5, but those that did all agree that it's terrible, hah.)

About NGBC, do you mean that the backgrounds look horrible from an artistic point of view? Because some do look uninspired and bland (Mizuchi, Super King Lion and Neo Dio pretty much have the same stages, they're just palette swapped).

Oh, and it doesn't help that they removed the text from ALL the endings either. There are also winquote errors where you will see nothing but "dummy" and a random number behind it. There are also data load problems when you start the game up. I had to erase my file twice and start over because it kept failing to load.

But that's a rant for another day. Here's hoping that Ignition won't fuck up on KoFXI.

Martinov

Geese's Thug
I think Ignition's announcement on KOFXI's January release was a load cobblers ... it's still listed on amazon.co.uk and play.com as a late March release. :blow_top:

Kap

New Challenger
Yeah, we all saw that delay coming. They have NO excuse if they keep delaying it and still mess it up like they did with NGBC. :qcb: :downb: :forw: :B: :D:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
thats terrible

no wonder no-one wants or plays these games

Martinov

Geese's Thug
Kap said:
Yeah, we all saw that delay coming. They have NO excuse if they keep delaying it and still mess it up like they did with NGBC. :qcb: :downb: :forw: :B: :D:

To be fair, amazon/play have listed it as late March for the past few months ... I blame Ignition for raising hopes of an earlier release and not bothering to meet them. I don't really like what you said about Pal SS5 save file ... I'm going to be waiting for KOFXI with trepidation now ...

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Kap said:
(Not many people bought SS5, but those that did all agree that it's terrible, hah.) oh yeas it is! got all ss series on the aes, so this conversion was quite a shock.

About NGBC, do you mean that the backgrounds look horrible from an artistic point of view? Because some do look uninspired and bland (Mizuchi, Super King Lion and Neo Dio pretty much have the same stages, they're just palette swapped).

i agree.but not just that. the game should be a bit faster and fluid.and when you look at the characters you feel that they have been "cut and paste" from their series.i like rough edges in 2d batle but this is too much. didn´t like the tag system too.

But that's a rant for another day. Here's hoping that Ignition won't fuck up on KoFXI.
well the japanese version plays really good.lets hope the same for the pal !