NeoGeo Battle Coliseum & SS: Tenkaichi - SNK Best

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'd buy both if they were for xbox or gamecube. I don't own a PS2 and have no interest in owning Sony junk (does not include Ericsson).

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
They're already on ps2, why another version lol

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
lachlan said:
They're already on ps2, why another version lol

They're part of the best collection, i.e. each is about $35 cheaper then the original versions.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
I'd buy both if they were for xbox or gamecube. I don't own a PS2 and have no interest in owning Sony junk (does not include Ericsson).

wow

you're mising out on a lot of good gaming

Josh

Banned
wasabi said:

Sony has been makin overpriced garbage for years now, I don't see why people put up with it... Well I guess the quality of the PSP wasn't so bad so maybe they're changing their ways. But if Sony's trying to sell that PS3 for $600, it better be trouble free or I won't even consider buying the 5th or 6th version budget priced PS3 system.

BTW, that picture in your sig is the best!

Akihabara

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Please shut up, seriously. The PS2 has become the home of a lot of SNK fighting games and 2D shmups. The SNK games are all available for reasonable prices. Have you played with the PS3 to know it isn't worth it's money? Lot of people said that when the Neo was released but the pricetag never stopped us now did it?Somebody who would prefer NGBC on a Gamecube should not even be visiting forums like these, that is probably the biggest joke I have heard this year.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Akihabara said:
Please shut up, seriously. The PS2 has become the home of a lot of SNK fighting games and 2D shmups. The SNK games are all available for reasonable prices. Have you played with the PS3 to know it isn't worth it's money? Lot of people said that when the Neo was released but the pricetag never stopped us now did it?Somebody who would prefer NGBC on a Gamecube should not even be visiting forums like these, that is probably the biggest joke I have heard this year.

the hardware is shitty

I got my first PS2 by buying a broken one

then having Sony repair it for free

I got it all for like 40 bucks (25 for the broken PS2 and the 15 I paid for shipping)

I also owned 2 PS1s

they build shitty hardware but are fortunate to have some really quality software from 3rd party developers

and I'm willing to bet the PS3 will be no different

shitty hardware, great software

Akihabara

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
360 has had same problems, of course the hardware was shitty but the PS2 has especially these last couple of years become the console with the widest and best library of games.

Josh

Banned
Akihabara said:
Somebody who would prefer NGBC on a Gamecube should not even be visiting forums like these, that is probably the biggest joke I have heard this year.

I don't think I've even seen you here before, who are you to say anything? Anyways, I would of actually preferred to see the SNKP ports go to a solid running system as the cube, SNKP made those special NEO style controllers anyway. But anyhow, I have the real deal on the Atomiswave so I'm not too worried about it. You never know, now with a decent controller style like the "Classic Controller", maybe we'll see the whole slew of games released all over again for the Nintendo Wii.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
NBC sucks, Tenka is just alright. also XBs are just as crappy if not crapier than PS2s. only the gameqube wont brak on ya, too bad its got soo many shitty games its not even funny. mario & zelda might be nice but i aint buying a GC for that.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Finally. I've been checking every so often to see if these games (and XI) have been announced for 'Best" yet. Let's hope we're still able to get games from Play-Asia by January.

msu89dawgs

Hardened Shock Trooper
MUSOLINI said:
NBC sucks, Tenka is just alright. also XBs are just as crappy if not crapier than PS2s. only the gameqube wont brak on ya, too bad its got soo many shitty games its not even funny. mario & zelda might be nice but i aint buying a GC for that.

I've owned a couple of Xboxes, three or four PS2's, and three Gamecubes. Of them all, only a Gamecube failed on me. Disc read error. Nintendo was great about replacing it quickly, and I have nothing against Nintendo.

Jimminy

Quiz Detective
SouthtownKid said:
Finally. I've been checking every so often to see if these games (and XI) have been announced for 'Best" yet. Let's hope we're still able to get games from Play-Asia by January.

Why what happend?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I've played NGBC briefly and thought it was fun. So I'll probably pick this up when it comes out.

Jimminy said:
Why what happend?
I think he is reffering to the fact that Sony sued Lik-Sang into oblivion.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
NEOWAVE said:
I don't think I've even seen you here before, who are you to say anything?

Yeah, how dare you have an opinion if you don't post at least 5 messages a day!

Back on topic, it all depends on personal experience.

Without doubt the shittest pieces of kit I have ever owned are the NEO GEO CD and the NEO GEO CDZ. I had at least 2 CDs and they both screwed up irrepairably, and guess what, so did my CDZ.

In second place come Nintendo. My GC regularly gives me disk read errors that just meant the game stops right there as the system gives up, and I had to send a DS Lite back to them because, brand new out of the box, the green LED didn't work (nice quality checks there Nintendo).

I just sold a PS2 that I had from new in 2000, played it to death, and it never gave me one bit of trouble. Now I have a slimline, and it is perfect too, but I will admit that the build quality on the new pads is rather poor.

As for Tenka, why would anyone buy it as a budget title when everyone knows it will be included in the upcoming Samurai Shodown compilation for PS2???

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
As for Tenka, why would anyone buy it as a budget title when everyone knows it will be included in the upcoming Samurai Shodown compilation for PS2???

good point.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Because I don't need the other titles. I have 3-5 already, 2 & 1 are easily available for about $15-$20 any time I decide I want them, and 5S isn't included in the collection, anyway. Tenka is the only one I can't play on my cab.

In my case, I'd rather buy a budget priced Tenka, then pay full import price for a compilation of games I mostly already own. It's not like I'd be able to take advantage of the online capabilities, so what's left? A cool cover? It's the same reason I haven't bought the Garou Densetsu Battle Archives 1; playing those games on my tv is less fun than playing them on a cab, so what would the point be? Sure, I'm happy for the thousands of other people who don't have a Neo, but...

hanafuda

SouthtownKid said:
Because I don't need the other titles. I have 3-5 already, 2 & 1 are easily available for about $15-$20 any time I decide I want them, and 5S isn't included in the collection, anyway. Tenka is the only one I can't play on my cab.

I guarantee the PS2 compilation will be 6000 Yen or less, which is about 50 USD.

SouthtownKid said:
In my case, I'd rather buy a budget priced Tenka, then pay full import price for a compilation of games I mostly already own. It's not like I'd be able to take advantage of the online capabilities, so what's left?

At the very least, you get the re-recorded music from the NEO GEO CD versions in the PS2 pack. For Samurai 2 and Samurai 3, these versions blow away the music of the AES/MVS versions of the games.

Beyond that, I would say it is far easier just to pick your Samurai game of choice from a top menu, rather than mess around changing carts in a cab.

It's cool you have a cab and stuff, but I can't really see your point on this one.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
I guarantee the PS2 compilation will be 6000 Yen or less, which is about 50 USD.
And 'Best' titles go for around $30. Thanks, anyway.

hanafudaX said:
Beyond that, I would say it is far easier just to pick your Samurai game of choice from a top menu, rather than mess around changing carts in a cab.

It's cool you have a cab and stuff, but I can't really see your point on this one.
If you think putting a cart in a slot is somehow harder than putting a CD into a PS2, I don't know what to tell you. "Stop trolling," for starters. I might follow that up with, "You're an idiot," or something.

hanafuda

SouthtownKid said:
And 'Best' titles go for around $30. Thanks, anyway.

Yes, and 30 USD for the Tenka 'Best' title, plus the 20 USD you mentioned for Samurai 1 and 2, makes 50 USD.

SouthtownKid said:
If you think putting a cart in a slot is somehow harder than putting a CD into a PS2, I don't know what to tell you. "Stop trolling," for starters. I might follow that up with, "You're an idiot," or something.

Follow up with whatever you want. Seems like you have a pretty big chip on your shoulder.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Yes, and 30 USD for the Tenka 'Best' title, plus the 20 USD you mentioned for Samurai 1 and 2, makes 50 USD.
IF I decide to ever buy them. And if I do, I'd rather play Neo games on a cab. Is that really so hard to understand? Why can't you just accept that I'm only interested in the Atomiswave games I have no other option for? What makes it so important to you that you have to show me the error of my ways for not re-buying 3 games I already have in a format I'd never prefer to play them in? I want Tenka -- I don't want the rest. Get over it.

hanafuda

You asked, 'So what's left? A cool cover?'.

I gave a couple of valid answers.

I don't care what you buy, dude.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
You asked, 'So what's left? A cool cover?'.

I gave a couple of valid answers.

I don't care what you buy, dude.
Your valid answers were the music, which I accept, but not enough to make me want to play them over the originals...and... it's "far easier just to pick your Samurai game of choice from a top menu, rather than mess around changing carts in a cab", which is a complete load of shit. I can put all my SS games in my cab at the same time, and a LOT faster than it takes to boot up PS2 and choose from a top menu. I can also switch between the games a lot faster than you would on PS2.

What it boils down to is you asking why anyone would buy the Best title, and not wait for the compilation. I told you why I -- personally -- would. That should have been the end of it, rather than you trying to convince me that I need to do things your way.

hanafuda

SouthtownKid said:
Your valid answers were the music, which I accept, but not enough to make me want to play them over the originals...and... it's "far easier just to pick your Samurai game of choice from a top menu, rather than mess around changing carts in a cab", which is a complete load of shit. I can put all my SS games in my cab at the same time, and a LOT faster than it takes to boot up PS2 and choose from a top menu. I can also switch between the games a lot faster than you would on PS2.

What it boils down to is you asking why anyone would buy the Best title, and not wait for the compilation. I told you why I -- personally -- would. That should have been the end of it, rather than you trying to convince me that I need to do things your way.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Do want you want.

Suppose you have a 6 slot cab too then?