Help in converting a cabinet

bowtopuar

n00b
So my tattoo shop has a Virtua Fighter III cabinet and the owner, my artist, is tired of it and wants a new game. So im gonna swap it over to a MVS since I figured that way he can just buy as many games as he feels like. I was thinking a four slot to minimize game changing. What exactly do I need to do this?

Its one of those big screen with the controls in there own pedastle setups.

Right now it has 4 buttons per player and a credit button per player so I figure all ill need to add is a game switch button which shouldnt be too bad.

So on my list of stuff to get I have

4 slot motherboard
power supply(not sure if I need this or if I can use the existing)
Wiring(again not sure if I need this)
button
4 games

anything im overlooking?

Ive gathered the board in there is a Model 3 Sega board but im not tech savvy enough to know if the connections for everything are the same as the MVS board.

any advice would be very helpful

thanks everyone :)

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
A new monitor virtua fighter usues meduim resolution and most jamma/mvs stuff uses standard.

The power supply should be fine.

Id try to find another model 3 game. You can find them on ebay cheap becasue of the monitor issue and there just a pain to wire up.

bowtopuar

n00b
that sucks about the monitor

thats gonna be super expensive because of how big it is. Ive seen metal slug running on one of these big screen setups, would the monitor resolution make that big of a difference or is there some other way around it? what Model 3 games are there? the only ones I can seem to find are racing type games and adding in a steering wheel and seat setup would be way more trouble than its worth.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
The monitor should most likely or hopefully be switchable to 15khz instead of 24khz

Is it like a dynamo cab 33" monitor pedestal for the controls?

bowtopuar

n00b
http://www.system16.com/cabinets/vf3.jpg

it looks alot like this one except its more basic, less extra stuff sticking above the monitor and the pedastle isnt as elaborate. if itll help I can go take some pics of it tomorrow. I can find all kinds of information about the board but not the cabinet itself, possibly because I dont know the name of it.

well that link doesnt work, guess im not allowed to do that but im sure you can copy paste or just check out the site. its the only cabinet under the virtua fighter 3 game

Last edited: