PDA

View Full Version : New Metal Slug Anthology Wii Video shows off 5 different control schemes!

Cain Highwind
10-26-2006, 06:15 PM
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/7101

If you look carefully on the menu screen there's an option for "Gamecube Controller" (I'd imagine the VC controller as well).

I'm not even much of a Slug fan and I want try it out!:buttrock:

Ajax
10-26-2006, 06:24 PM
I saw the gamecube controller option on the screen. That looks awesome. I can't wait!

Moon Jump
10-26-2006, 07:34 PM
I was a little worried when I first watched the video that it wasn't going to have the Gamecube option as they said. But it's there, and I'm very happy about that. I'm picking this up with Zelda on the 18th.

dakingofzumunda
10-26-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm sure i'll find a couple of controls styles i'll like when playing this on the Wii. Almost time to Slug it out. I really hope this comes out the day of launch.

GeoStigma
10-26-2006, 09:10 PM
I'll certainly be picking this up, happy to see that they left the blood in the Wii version.

Maybe it was just me, but did the game look better then the PS2 port? I mean, it could just be the TV they used (or something else) and MS6 looked a little better.

SpamYouToDeath
10-28-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm guessing that in most (hopefully all) games, the VC controller and the Gamecube controller will be interchangeable.

Also, this shows that no, if you don't want to use the new controller you don't have to. I'm guessing most games (unless they depend on the motion-sensing for essential controls) will make use of the GC or VC controller if you so choose.

kitkit.com
10-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Awesome. Will definately pick this one up when it comes out

Shawn Carr2o
10-28-2006, 08:20 PM
I may get a Wii to play Metal Slug Anthology. :cool:

lachlan
10-28-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't get the facination with this, it's just all the games that are on the Neo and PS2 already.

Jedah Doma
10-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Yep, looking forward to this as well. Although I'll be picking it up for the PSP, but still good stuff.

derboo
10-28-2006, 11:17 PM
I don't get the facination with this, it's just all the games that are on the Neo and PS2 already.

You don't have ports for the first three games on PS2 (and the ps1 ports are rather imperfect).

AND you'll get it like a hundred times cheaper than going for the Neo Versions (And even if you buy 1-X for NeoCD and 3-6 for the PS2 you'll pay like 3 times the price).

Also, a few of the control scemes are nice. I like the one where you pretend the remote control is an arcade stick.

Eldios
10-29-2006, 01:47 AM
Hmm I wonder if you could use the PS2 Neo Stick 2 with a PSX to GC adapter to play this since it has a GameCube option. Opinions?

derboo
10-29-2006, 02:20 AM
It should be possible, but maybe suffer from an odd button setting (if they don't add an option to change buttons, that is. Since their priority seems to be on the wii controller, they possibly leave things like that out)...

Eldios
10-29-2006, 02:58 AM
It should be possible, but maybe suffer from an odd button setting (if they don't add an option to change buttons, that is. Since their priority seems to be on the wii controller, they possibly leave things like that out)...

From the video I saw, there shows a quick screen of the GC setting, as well as an option which seems to be a button assignment. If this is the case, this solution should work well.

dj trooper
10-30-2006, 06:51 AM
With all these anthology's coming out i'm starting to think do i even need an aes system!:blow_top:

sliceypete
10-30-2006, 09:10 AM
cant wait to pick this up now(after preordering my wii from toysrus) good thing i have my happs modded pelican real arcade stick that works with the gamecube, finally it get some good use out of it:mr_t:

Eldios
10-30-2006, 09:15 AM
With all these anthology's coming out i'm starting to think do i even need an aes system!:blow_top:

Boy I have been mulling this over for a long time now. I tried to put all of my Slug games on ebay yesterday so that I can use the money to buy some new stuff, but I just couldn't do it. I have spent so many years hunting down pristine copies for my collection. Maybe one day I can, but just not right now.

GeoStigma
10-30-2006, 09:31 AM
cant wait to pick this up now(after preordering my wii from toysrus)

That's where I am getting my Wii as well. Oddly enough, yesterday I got the very last pre-order for a Wii, Zelda, Red Steel...and MSA. I expected the first 3 to be sold out, but the fact that (at least for this one store) MSA sold out just as quick surprised me quite a bit.

Eldios
10-30-2006, 10:06 AM
That's where I am getting my Wii as well. Oddly enough, yesterday I got the very last pre-order for a Wii, Zelda, Red Steel...and MSA. I expected the first 3 to be sold out, but the fact that (at least for this one store) MSA sold out just as quick surprised quite a bit.

Although the games might sell out, I would be very shocked if there were a situation where one could not find these games.

dj trooper
10-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Very true i doubt there will be a shortage of any of the launch date games. I'll be at the midnight shop opening anyhow as to secure my purchase of the games i want.:)