please help!! RARE problem in MV2F

hi i bought some time ago an mv2f the big one with mem card slot, i tried to boot the games it cames with:
NEO GEO CUP 98
SENGOKU 3
SAMURAI SHODOWN 3

1. at first none of them did work, after cleaning a little all the board, contacts, parts, etc.. with a soft brush and removing all dust on it i get neo geo cup to boot :)

2. then i tried SS3 and sengoku 3 and nothing... tried in different combinatios with slots, one slot with one game only, two games swithching slots, etc etc..

3. i remove the bios... clean it, adjust the contacts.. same result, i can play neo geo cup but not ss3 or sengoku 3

4. the contacts on the carts are clean as new, i took them to another mvs from a friend they all worked in the first try!

5. i have clean the contacts over and over again.. but same resluts as always.. :down: :very_ang:

6. the best i got one time only that i could play SS3,...

7. always the games are showing in the setup soft dip.

mvssoft.jpg

8. seems like second slots works better with sengoku 3, SS3(once it booted),

9. i did a Vol check on the main chips, some are at 5mv or v dont remember.. and others are at 2.8....is this good? anyone has some technical info about correct volts? also check every single resistor and they are good... is there a way to test other electronics?

the boot of each game is like this (one cart in only one slot):
(ill upload pictures tomorrow if needed)
neo geo cup: starts up normally with snk logo and parents advice.. and starts to play..

SS3: starts "NEO-GEO" mega power.. logo... after it goes to FBI warning.... goes black..... resets.. green screen with purple, red, green, black, blue wierd characters in some parts of the screens.. and again neo geo logo

sengoku3: only the green screen..:blow_top:

mvsgreen.jpg

I NEED HELP....

my real questions to everyone are ( i would take SS3 and neo geo cup to study whats going on).:

1. these games are really different when it comes to internal parts... SS3 uses C1 to C8 chips, M1, S1, V1, V2, P1 SP2 chips.
neo geo cup 98 uses: C1,C2,M1,S1,V1,V2,P1 chips.

seems like the SS3 game boots till the fisrt sprite of the intro is going to be loaded then it resest.,

so anyone knows how the hardware works, wich chips on the mother board loads or reads each chip? like who reads C1, C5, C8.. things like that... so i can check every little one....

- what part does the bios do here... can it be a bad bios... do i order the unibios?...

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Check the 5 volt supply at the boards edge connect (not the psu, as there will be some drop in the harness) It is important that this is set correctly.

already check the 5v line.. everything right... but same problem... is there a list or a guide for the components of the mobo?