Metal Slug Anthology PS2

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Have been lurking more than posting lately but found this and I thought I would bring it to everyone's attention. It still doesn't look like there is an official post confirming this on the snkplaymoreusa website but there is a date for Metal Slug Anthology for PS2 now also at gamestop.com:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281607

John T Ralfakick

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
While I am happy to hear this it also makes me cringe. having just gotten done playing the Xbox ports I was FAR from inpressed. Slug 3 on XB was near perfect & then they went & ruined it by making you start the level over every time you would continue. Thats just fucking insanity.
Slug anthonlogy is looking to be another mess. No true widescreen support, especially on PSP (Don't give me any crap about being able to stretch it) is unforgivable.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
ORPHEUS said:
Slug 3 on XB was near perfect & then they went & ruined it by making you start the level over every time you would continue. Thats just fucking insanity.
ps2 version, you don't have to start the level over.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
so they will have to create ps2 versions of the ps1 ports of Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, and Metal Slug X since these where never ps2.

sweet hdloader here they come

bulletnyourass

noble trader
I'm picking this up just for an opportunity to play MS6. Definitely saved me money on buying an AW motherboard and the cart.

Phillip

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
I'm guessing that this is a typo of some sort, I don't see it on the SNKP website nor do I see it available on any other site to be pre-ordered/purchased.

It wouldn't make any sense anyways. They released 4 and 5 as seperate titles in Japan.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
werejag said:
so they will have to create ps2 versions of the ps1 ports of Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, and Metal Slug X since these where never ps2.

MS2 came out on ps1? you sure? I thought it was just 1 + X

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
werejag said:

I can only get a portion of the Playmore releases to boot with HDLoader. Luckily, MS6 is one of them.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
If this ever comes out for it, it will be added to my list of getting a ps2.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think this is bullshit, mainly because SNK hasn't even announced it.
Notice how at play-asia they only have the US version, not the Jap one.
This most likely all stemmed from the SNKUSA message board, where for a brief time a MSA PS2 board existed, but was then deleted. Other than that, zero news for a PS2 announcement.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Haven't heard/read anything about a PS2 Anthology..

But it seems, SNKP is flooding the market with MS games...

Off-topic: Awesome sig Hakkai, nicely edited...

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
2006-10-07_mscompleteps2_tn2.jpg

Looks like just another miscommunication between SNKP and SNKPUSA.

But, hell, if this thing does actually come out, it will probably outsell any other titles that SNKP ever released since the transition from SNK to SNKP.

And, really, it would be dumb if they didn't release it for PS2.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
sweet action. this finally gives me a chance to play 6

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
Neodogg said:
There is no 6 included just 1-5 plus X

*cough*

From the Ebgames and Gamestop website:

"The Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2 includes SEVEN games: Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4, Metal Slug 5, and for the first time in the anthology, Metal Slug 6!"

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
ORPHEUS said:
While I am happy to hear this it also makes me cringe. having just gotten done playing the Xbox ports I was FAR from inpressed. Slug 3 on XB was near perfect & then they went & ruined it by making you start the level over every time you would continue. Thats just fucking insanity.
Slug anthonlogy is looking to be another mess. No true widescreen support, especially on PSP (Don't give me any crap about being able to stretch it) is unforgivable.

I'm pretty sure the PAL version of MS3 on Xbox doesn't make you restart levels. Also, I don't see how no widescreen mode is a problem, like most arcade games Metal Slug was never meant to be played in widescreen.