Proud new owner/Hello to all

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hi,

I am a proud new owner of a NEO-GEO MV-1FS cabinet. I have loved SNK games ever since i played SAMSHO 1 for the very first time. I WAS HOOKED. During the time were ARCADES still existed in the US, I would walk to my nearest arcade and play on a NEO-GEO. I was really into the fighting games and still am. I was thinking about getting an MVS cab for a while and out of shear luck i happen to get my chance to get one locally. Here are some pics of my new baby.:buttrock: :chimp:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/HeadmasterDecapatron/NEO-GEO/Neo-Geo4.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/HeadmasterDecapatron/NEO-GEO/Neo-Geo3.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/HeadmasterDecapatron/NEO-GEO/Neo-Geo2.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/HeadmasterDecapatron/NEO-GEO/Neo-Geo1.jpg

Now i am a total MARK when it comes to in depth knowledge on the MVS boards. When i got the cab the original MV-1FS board it came with had a VIDEO RAM ERROR. So a had to buy a new one.:angry: I got the same board and fired it up, WORKS GREAT. Now one of my questions is i have read that some time newer games might not work on some of the older boards. I am planing on buying some of the newer fighting games like GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES and KOF 2003. Does any one think i will have a problem with those games? Another question is , my wife loves puzzle games an i would like to buy some for her. I know that BUST-A-MOVE will be my fist purchase. Are there any other puzzle games on the MVS that anyone can recommend? Thought that i saw COLUMES came out on MVS? HOPE TO LEARN FROM ALL OF YOU ON THE FOURMS:glee:

THANKS

BTW: I have had a NEOGEO POCKET color for like 5 years and it is still my fav hand held ever. Its been my alarm clock ever since to.;)

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thanks man. I just made an up grade on my contols 2 days ago. I put in HAPP COMPETITION PARTS, they are great. The old controls were over used. So do you think i will have any problems with new games on my system with newer games?

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
on my 1 slot i can't play ROTD or KOF 2003...don't know about MoTW, that's next on the hit list

and welcome to the boards, you'll blow alot of money on your new hobby

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Welcome to the boards. I would suggest getting your wife any of the following puzzle games:

Magical Drop 2
Magical Drop 3
Money Puzzle Exchanger (like Magical Drop but with coins)
Bust-A-Move Again
Pop N Bounce

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
Hi there and welcome to the forums. Good wishes to a wide ranged hobby.

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
topher said:
on my 1 slot i can't play ROTD or KOF 2003...don't know about MoTW, that's next on the hit list

and welcome to the boards, you'll blow alot of money on your new hobby

Thanks. Any resason why KOF2003 would not work on a one slot if its the same hardwear?? I guess that SVC might have the same problems.....hmmmm.

bowtopuar

n00b
Hola

If you had to buy a new motherboard anyway why didnt you just get a two or four slot? I know it would have been more work overall than just replacing the existing motherboard but then you wouldnt have to change games as much. I have problems with only having a two slot but untill it breaks im not bothering with it.

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
The way my cab is made, it only has room for a one slot where the game lays horizontally. If the game sat vertically, I would not be able to pull the drawer where the board lays because the games would hit the lip of the monitor.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Demitri1983 said:
Thanks. Any resason why KOF2003 would not work on a one slot if its the same hardwear?? I guess that SVC might have the same problems.....hmmmm.

encryption chip in the carts were changed to thwart piracy...one slots don't know how to act because of this...random resets, no boot...completly random and wacky things...but i got a 4 slot and a 2 slot so no worries here...the 1 slot is my traveling cmvs now.