Pin pitch for Sega STV 3/4player adapter

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Whats up everyone. I need to build my buddy a STV 3/4player harness. I have the pinout and everything, I just can't find what the pin pitch is anywhere to get the appropriate molex connector. Does anyone have the pitch of those pins, or better yet a part number for an apporpriate connector? Its 11 pin i believe...

-Bill

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Since it'a a JST NH header the pitch is .98" (2.5mm). Most people can't get this kind of Japanese connector and use a more common .100" (2.54mm) connector...

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
You da man MKL, good lookin out!

-Bill

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I'm using the same kick harness I have for the CPS1 (Street Fighter 2 WW) and the STV (Astra Super Stars), it's just that the STV has 11 pins instead of the 10 the cps1 has, but it fits OK anyway and the pin-out is the same.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
I'm using the same kick harness I have for the CPS1 (Street Fighter 2 WW) and the STV (Astra Super Stars), it's just that the STV has 11 pins instead of the 10 the cps1 has, but it fits OK anyway and the pin-out is the same.

That's only possible if you cut the 1st or last pin on the header (assuming it's not used) or trim one side of the housing.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I can fit it without cutting anything, it's a bit tight but I don't have to do any force at all:

kickh.jpg

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
I thought you had an official CPS1 kick harness. The one you have is made with a Molex housing with a slightly bigger pitch (2.54mm vs 2.5mm) and can also be plugged in both ways while the official one only goes in one way.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yeah, it's not official, was made by Bob Roberts. Works OK for both CPS1 and ST-V so far.