My first boot how sad

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Well I got a boot of twinkle star sprites off of Yaton's website. Only cost like 30.00 bucks under his "specials" hoped it wasnt a boot but then I opened it check it out.

DSC00403.jpg

So sad so very very sad:crying:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Boot..

How does it work?

I have good luck with all MX chip Boots

Bad luck with Eprom boots..

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
It works OK I guess the audio gets a little goofy time to time but I dunno I feel like he should put it right there on his website that there boots.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
suprisingly enough the soldering is superb on the back looks like a damn machine did it. maybe I'll add pics later so you guys can see.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
It's pretty well documented that Yaton's "specials" are boots. He even usually confirms that it's a boot before accepting your order.

I picked up a couple from him a while back. (thread link)

My TSS boot works just fine, even for extended play. If your sound is off, you might try cleaning the contacts some more.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You didn't know that the "specials" are boots? For clarification for anyone reading this, the "specials" on Yaton's site are all boots.

When yaton opened his store, at first he didn't separate the boots and legits (I don't think he knew the difference) and he got a lot of complaints and returns, so he began to learn the difference and separate them all. (Eventually, he started doing a very good job of separating the boots from the non-boots, because he knows the difference probably as well as anyone now. It's become a big part of his ebay dealings, I'm sure.) So then he separated the site into originals and "bootlegs." Some people still didn't approve of him selling bootlegs on his site, so to dodge that, and to still sell the games (which he probably invested in) he changed it on the site so that it says "special" instead of "bootleg." I imagine he's trying to dodge some potential liability for copyright infringement, should anyone blow the whistle on him.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
I had assumed that it was a boot, just hoped it wasn't thats all. I dont really like to support bootleg mvs games, so I guess I'm kinda stuck with it, and wont be buying any more "specials" thats for damn sure

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
If you decide to sell it off, let me know. I'll buy it for the parts, mainly the MX chips if they are the flash variety...

Jeff