My Future Project : N.G MVS + N.G CD in one console ??

DemiAngel

War Room Troll
I was always dreaming in combining the two neo geo consoles in one big console !! :cool:
so my main question is : " it is technically possible ? " :spock:
aside from the needed space to pull this project off i think it could be a real pain
in the ass, but personally i think that this project could be done.

Any thoughts ?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah sure it is, pull out both setups out of their original cases and put them into this big box.
Why anyone would want to play CD games when they already have an MVS is beyond me though.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
lachlan said:
Yeah sure it is, pull out both setups out of their original cases and put them into this big box.
Why anyone would want to play CD games when they already have an MVS is beyond me though.

Exclusive games and arrange soundtracks, and on smaller games the CD is OK.

This is possible but quite pointless, most likely you could only share the controller and output ports, and maybe the psu if you find a suitable one.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sure the soundtracks are quite nice but the exclusive games like Ironclad for example aren't really that great IMO and wouldn't warrant a console purchase for it.

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
the neo cd and cart system(s) have two completely different bios setups. The chances of having all the right parts for each system on one IC board is overtly complicated task that IMO wouldn't be worth it. The other option would be to have one big box with each board inside of it, but your talking a really massive box.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Your best bet would to just make an MVS/AES emulator of some sort that can play mp3s to take place of the cart music. It would just take a little effort in the cueing of tracks, and switching back to the FM music channel (Example: Sattela News Network song on KOF 97). Not too far fetched. Still, eventually almost all of the better Neo Geo game will be released in classic collections. Of course some of them may just use cart music anyway.