Garou MOTW 2 finally being made?

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
aderack said:
I've got photos here of... something, anyway, plus some text that implies they're working on a sequel. Hold on while I upload it.

EDIT:

Okay. So what happened [at TGS 2006] is that there was an extended plot dump of Mark of the Wolves, from start to end, with spoken dialog. Then after Rock's ending, the story faded back in and kept going with high-res art. Mary turned up and discussed something with Terry; Terry got on the back of her bike, and they rode off. Then this text appeared, that Tim translated as something to the effect of "The story of the Wolf continues". Then there was a Garou 15th anniversary trailer. It seems to at least suggest something, if not a new game.

motw22hp1.jpg

motw23gd2.jpg

motw24ya0.jpg

motw25tp5.jpg

SOURCE:
http://forums.insertcredit.com/viewtopic.php?t=8247&start=47&sid=b02950752f10e03cc511bf4e291384f3

More info at KOF Cyberfanatix:

Memories of Stray Wolves.Posted 2006-09-22 08:24 by remukhan

The Fatal Fury series is now fifteen years old.

At Tokyo Game Show 2006, the SNK Playmore booth included demos of some of their new games, as well as fan service. In collaboration with Hapinet who makes music CDs, a Fatal Fury series 15th anniversary movie is being shown. The movie, first shown at TGS, discusses a Fatal Fury 15th Anniversary Box that includes a bonus DVD, and is scheduled to be released on November 8th.

The movie is titled Fatal Fury 15th Anniversary: Memories of Stray Wolves. The scenario is by Ureshino Akihiko, and the designs are by Ogura Eisuke. It will look back over the history of the series with game footage and illustrations, and should run about 20 minutes.

Naturally, the original voice actors will be contributing! SNKP is out in force this year. I'll leave the explanation of the images to Mr. Ureshino!

12yy0.jpg

11kz6.jpg

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
If SNKP is making a sequel let just hope they don't fuck it up. MOTW is one of those rares gems...

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Read a little about this over in S-C. I'm hoping if this is true that, it receives the same treatment like KoF XII with the new sprites. Plus keeping the gameplay solid like the original and you'll have yourself a winner.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Excellent news! :D Let's hope SNKP's true to SNK's original masterpiece. Such a shame it won't be on SNK hardware this time around though.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Well, since they will likely be redoing some of the MOTW characters for XII anyway, the odds of a MOTW2 seem pretty good. These images definitely make it safe to assume that something is in the works for the FF series at least. Alot of great news from TGS this year.

:qcf: :qcf: :C:

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
Hell yeah! I honeslt cant wait to check this one out! I play garou: MOTW so much! and if this one is going to be as pure as the last, It will be a beautiful make!

-idosk8

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm not that optimistic, since I get the impression it will just be this DVD.

CyberAkuma

n00b
dubdubdub said:
Wonder if it will be on Atomiswave or the Taito X2...

Is this even worth wondering about? Logic dictates that with all the other hoopla SNKP is giving with their "big move" to the X2, that any and all things that aren't going to be "straight to console/portable" releases will be on the X2. No reason to backtrack, is there?

But any way...this is awesome. I really hope that this version of Blue Mary could end up being playable...Wild Amibtion-style Mr. Karate being an extra character or boss would just be the icing on the cake...:mr_t:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
well i would love to see a sequal but i wont hold my breath sounds more like just a documentary but if one was made then the original system it comes out on i will be buying unless of course the games utter shite

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If they make MOTW 2 fuckin 3D I will be pissed.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
There's nothing that indicates there'll be a new game, just the movie. Oh well.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
RATM said:
If SNKP is making a sequel let just hope they don't fuck it up. MOTW is one of those rares gems...

Their going to fuck it up and you know in your heart their gonna because every franchise they touched has turned immediately to shit. God I wish SNK was still around, just god.

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
Says the guy who has an SNK Playmore character from an SNK Playmore game in his sig. :rolleyes:

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
mainman said:
Their going to fuck it up and you know in your heart their gonna because every franchise they touched has turned immediately to shit. God I wish SNK was still around, just god.

Because we all know that KoF XI was simply unbearable....

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Even with all the bitching I know there will still be a ton of people here who will snag this( myself included )

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
recon_zero said:
MOTW2 = SF4
:loco:
LOL HAHAHA you're probably right.

It would be sweet for SNKP to finally make a sequal if it was any good.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
If they make MOTW 2 fuckin 3D I will be pissed.
Actually yeah, good point. They'd better not make this shit 3D. If they do, I might just have to hang it up as far as SNKP's concerned. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. Hopefully it'll be true to the original.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
-Hibikster- said:
Says the guy who has an SNK Playmore character from an SNK Playmore game in his sig. :rolleyes:

The character in my sig is from a franchise that was screwed up under the playmore banner.

GeoStigma said:
Because we all know that KoF XI was simply unbearable....

Yes but every metal slug after 3 was unbearable

roker said:

Fixed

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Could there truely be a MOTW 2 coming? Let's hope so!

GAMEFAN