SNKP TGS Booth report (56k suicide)

barf

Maxima's Barber
Hi there,

Game watch has a full booth report for SNK PLaymore
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060924/snk.htm

Doki doki Majo saiban on DS

The game is an adventure game where a young boy's vicious old man asks him as training to pursue the witch hunting.

snk04.jpg

snk05.jpg

snk06.jpg

snk09.jpg

snk10.jpg

Denshi maid techou koi no Iroha DS
Where you teach Iroha, train her, give her personality and how she expresses herself, then during events you can earn pieces of clothing and dress her.
snk11.jpg

Kimi no Yuusha DS
It s your standard adventure RPG but divided into short scenarios, so that you could finish one in half an hour.
snk15.jpg

snk16.jpg

snk17.jpg

Last edited:

barf

Maxima's Barber
Snk VS Capcom Card Fighter DS
presented by our Falcoon ;)
snk18.jpg

snk19.jpg

snk20.jpg

snk23.jpg

Other titles:
PSP Metal Slug Complete (Collection), as you can see on the markee: 1,2,X,3,4,5,6
snk28.jpg

XBLA Garou densetsu Special
snk29.jpg

PS2 Garou densetsu battle archives 2
snk30.jpg

PS2 KOF Nest hen
snk31.jpg

Mobile Athena games
snk32.jpg

Last edited:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
That Iroha raising simulation is a shameless attempt to cash in on SNK's new sex symbol.

Needless to say, I need to own that poor excuse of a DS game :emb:

H

hermegildo

You know, I'm a little disappointing to see the kind of games SNKP has ended up doing, particularly those first three.

From Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug to generic, overly cute anime game 1, 2 and 3.

I guess it's all good as long as they keep throwing a fighter here and there.

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
fatal fury fan #2 said:
FFS on the 360?? is this true?

snk29.jpg

No. It's false. Sure there is a perfectly clear image which showcases the game clearly with logos, a detailed display, and people actually playing it, but I guarantee you that it's fabricated information.

Oh, and you really should give credit where credit is due when you use my signatures.

On topic: I'm glad to see that SNKP's booth looks better each time I see it. I hope that's an indication that they're doing well as a company so we can see more great titles in the future.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
You know, I'm a little disappointing to see the kind of games SNKP has ended up doing, particularly those first three.

From Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug to generic, overly cute anime game 1, 2 and 3.

Yeah, it's not necessarilly anything I'd be interested in, but I see it as them branching out a little, which is healthy for them. In their old days, they were probably a lot more diverse than they kind of ended up...with most of their eggs in the fighter basket.

The fighters are at least 85% of my interest in the company, but there's no question in my mind that as the 2D fighter mania started to die down a bit, their over-reliance on them kind of bit SNK on the ass. I mean, think of what Namco would be like today if most of their output was still 2D vert shooters with bug-like aliens or something. Although, I guess they've been relying pretty heavy on Tekken and Ridge Racer for the past 10+ years now, so nevermind. You know what I mean, though.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:

If it makes them enough money to fund their other games, then I'm fine with it.

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
It's actually 99,00,01. That's the N.E.S.T.S. saga collection. But it has the same features that all the other collections have (online play in japan with a bunch of other goodies).

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I know this is somewhat sacriligious to say but I hope the X360 version of Fatal Fury Special has refined controls. Damn that game is picky with the controller motions.

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
That Iroha raising simulation is a shameless attempt to cash in on SNK's new sex symbol.

Needless to say, I need to own that poor excuse of a DS game :emb:

Iroha's outfit is just about the hottest damn thing I've ever seen.

Needless to say, I will be buying that game.

Seems like SNKP is doing some great stuff though.

I don't know about other folks, but FFS on the 360 and a new Cardfighters is more than enough good news to get me excited.

Last edited:

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Average Joe said:
I don't know about other folks, but FFS on the 360 and a new Cardfighters is more than enough good news to get me excited.

Hi-res FFS will be awesome, Cardfighters depends on whether or not it is playable online (which would be ridiculous if it wasn't).

Lucent Beam

Armored Scrum Object
OMFG.

Doki Doki Majo Saiban and Kimi no Yuusha so looking fucking cute.

I want them now. I wonder if they'll get localized. I'm so lazy with Japanese when I play.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
GeoStigma said:
Hi-res FFS will be awesome, Cardfighters depends on whether or not it is playable online (which would be ridiculous if it wasn't).
will FFS be hi res on 360? thats awsome!

btw, it was cool to open this thread up and not see nothing but KOF and metal slug pics.

If that action RPG game ever makes it to english I'll play it. I'm gonna have to get a DS light at some time, but at the moment, probably not. Although I do want to play mario and a few others, and need something with a brighter screen than my OG GBA to play Gunstar Super Heroes.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
snk29.jpg

I kinda like those TVs. anybody know what kind they are (brand, etc..)...

other than that, I hope their games for DS sell well, and Id rather see Iroha than Mai for fan service. I don't know, a change is good.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Yeah, Im about done here.

This is getting really stupid.