KoF 98 Ultimate Match: New Characters, New Modes, and a possible Arcade release!

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Figure, this deserved it's own topic

Iggy said:
On KOF 98 Ultimate Match :

The arrange mode has an "Ultimate Match" logo. The original mode has the regular logo, it seems to be a complete port with just the online and the color edit added.

The arrange mode has several new modes over the regular arrange and extra (a total of four ?) the select screen was not shown yet. Characters in the trailer : Kyô, Iori, Kasumi, Geese, Terry, Kyô in regular clothes, Lucky, Omega Rugal. In the gackground, Vice, Mature, Eiji, Goenitz, Robert, Kim and some others were waiting. (Character waiting are still here ! thank god ! and Goenitz!)
New energy (green, then red) and power gauge (somehow like the N groove in CvS2, except the stocks were shown as a number).
An alternative (with the same old clothes) Terry was doing some sort of fire kick SC Buster Wolf.
Kyô in regular clothes has the 182 shiki.
Kasumi has her super throw.
Omega Rugal has his 02 teleport attack.

The winning drawings were Shinkirô-ish, and not the regular 98 ones. Not sure if it was him, but since Shinkirô is freelance, it might be.
The game is not high reso like 94 Rebout, but it seems a bit more clean (?)
Also, when asked if they could release this version of 98 in the arcades, they answered they were thinking about it and it would depend of the reception of the game.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Hmm.

Well, it looks like SNK is finally starting to rule again
Fitting Sampi I-V and special on one disk for us.
The Real Bout Games, and never mind all the other online collection stuff.

Did anyone else hear about "Completely new graphics for KOF XII" ?

If they're going to make NEW 2-D games with NEW graphics
NEW 3-D Samurai Spirits
and PROPER remakes of old games with added characters (instead of using that formula to make new games), then I'm all over this shit.

4 DS games? All non fighting/non metal slug.

And they're dipping into the shallow end of 3-D arcade fighters. Right on.

This company rules.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Gutted that they have'nt done it high res :(

Geese though? does that mean that the boss team is in there? :)

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
lol an arcade release of an 8 year old game that has been tweaked

be cool if they started making mvs games again :)

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Suckers to the side I know you hate my '98...

Me and '98 go way back.
I love this fucking game.
This is an instant purchase, no matter how you cut it.
If this does show up in arcades, that's just another sad helping of JP-AC envy for me.

Sounds awesome so far.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Sounds cool to me. 98 is such a great game! I'll be looking for that Samurai Shodown 3d when it comes out. That sounds really cool.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
KOF98 has always been one of my favorite games for the MVS. I pray that this game actually gets released somewhere near here if its going to be in the arcade. I don't have high hopes that the PS2 port will reach here anytime soon.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Sounds cool, that would be sweet if it somehow got a MVS/AES release (sure, it won't happen, but it would be awesome)

Stifu

Kabuki Klasher
NeoEsZ said:
Fitting Sampi I-V and special on one disk for us.
Nope, it's actually going to be SS1 to 6, but 5 Special excluded.

Considering this KoF 98 update isn't very ambitious, there are chances it may be done right...

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
was this just an announcement? or was something else shown @ TGS? like a vid or pics?

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Apparently there was a video shown but not shown very often (I'm sure they'll upload it eventually). Cyberfanatix has a small scan, but it doesn't seem to show anything new on it.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Hopefully someone buys SNK's graphic arts department a spellchecker before the release of ULTIMATE MACTH:
tx_tgs2006_kof98.jpg

--Chris

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I've seen that...

Im just looking whether some pics have been released or not, of what is being claimed to be "NEW".

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
If they actually release this to the arcade, just what format would it be? MVS and Atomiswave can be considered death, and Taito Type X-2 would be overkill... :eye: :eye:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Loopz said:
Me and '98 go way back.
I love this fucking game.
This is an instant purchase, no matter how you cut it.
If this does show up in arcades, that's just another sad helping of JP-AC envy for me.

Sounds awesome so far.

I have to respect the PE reference

:cool:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Amano Jacu said:
If they actually release this to the arcade, just what format would it be? MVS and Atomiswave can be considered death, and Taito Type X-2 would be overkill... :eye: :eye:

I'm going with a surprise AW last release!

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Dash no Chris said:
Hopefully someone buys SNK's graphic arts department a spellchecker before the release of ULTIMATE MACTH:
tx_tgs2006_kof98.jpg

--Chris

those look like mvs screenshots... where are the changes?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
J0e Musashi said:
I'm going with a surprise AW last release!

If so, I'm just hoping they don't screw the gameplay by using the CD Input on the E button...

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Looks like they've done this remake to those KOF 98 addicts like me.:lol: Go SNK Playmore!!!

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Cnidarian said:
PS2 to JAMMA adaptor ;)

LOL :D

Anyway, it might not be so unlikely to have this game on System 246 as that's the Ps2 arcade version, so they don't need to "port" it to anything.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Twinkle Star said:
Looks like they've done this remake to those KOF 98 addicts like me.:lol: Go SNK Playmore!!!

You're not alone