World Heroes Online Collection PS2

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Yep, this is announced too.

I'm not WH expert, but I think this contains all the WH games. WH2 Jet and WH Perfect were there.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Looks like they're all there:
tx_tgs2006_samurai_wh.jpg

Wondering if Samurai Spirits Rokuban Shoubu and World Heroes Gorgeous are the actual working titles for these collections, or just advert copy for this announcement.

--Chris

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Rokuban Shobu is definitely what they announced the Samurai title as on the promo video.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
oh, wow. I've got a jet kit coming my way, I bought it thinking it was a WH2 kit, shows how dumb I am. The WH series sort of backwards progressed as it went along IMO.

It looks like they added extra grafx to that SS collection. Seems to be some transperenies.

If I had a PS2 I'd pick up all these (I guess)

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
hines1515 said:
is this coming to the states?

I would guess no. Your best bet is to import most likely (which I now have to do probably to get my 2D gaming fix).

Offtopic, is the swap disc easy to use? Cause that was what I was planning to use if I have to import. Any personal experiences or the like?

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Too bad. I didn't see the samsho 5 special logo anywhere on there. Looks like tenkaichi is in the collection though. Too good.

Matt

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hmm...still no Samurai Showdown 5 Special? That game had some of the best art direction in the series.. awesome character portraits, kick-ass music, and the zettsu-metsu shou fatalities... Can't understand why it keeps getting passed over for a port.

Tridagger X

Geese's Thug
re: Samurai Shodown Online Collection: i am thinking of the same thing about SS0 Special.

re: World Heroes Online Collection: i wonder if SNKP will also include Aggressors of Dark Kombat as a bonus game?

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
Tridagger X said:
re: Samurai Shodown Online Collection: i am thinking of the same thing about SS0 Special.

re: World Heroes Online Collection: i wonder if SNKP will also include Aggressors of Dark Kombat as a bonus game?

that would be pretty cool if they did throw in AODK as a bonus game :buttrock: may pick up the WH pack, going to pick up the SS pack for sure :drool_2:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Well, looks like I am going to have to import them then!!!

Thankfully I know a special someone who has a Japanese PS2. ;) :cool:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
KRONOS said:
Hmm...still no Samurai Showdown 5 Special? That game had some of the best art direction in the series.. awesome character portraits, kick-ass music, and the zettsu-metsu shou fatalities... Can't understand why it keeps getting passed over for a port.
I don't think Special is being passed over; I think it's purposely being left a Neo exclusive. Like if you want to play Super Mario World or Mario64, you need to buy Nintendo. If you want to play Nights, you had to buy a Saturn. SS5 Special was the swan song for the Neo Geo, and I like the idea of SNKP having the respect towards their loyal Neo customers to leave the game just for them.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
SouthtownKid said:
I don't think Special is being passed over; I think it's purposely being left a Neo exclusive. Like if you want to play Super Mario World or Mario64, you need to buy Nintendo. If you want to play Nights, you had to buy a Saturn. SS5 Special was the swan song for the Neo Geo, and I like the idea of SNKP having the respect towards their loyal Neo customers to leave the game just for them.

Well, nintendo has always had their own console with a significant share in the market, so I don't think it is comparable to the Neo Geo, specially now that is death. Nintendo never produced anything to other consoles.
As romantic as your idea is, I don't think that's the true reason. Maybe it has more to do with the blood and fatalities issues SS0S had and all the polemic, that included the home carts.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
ViewtifulZFO said:
Offtopic, is the swap disc easy to use? Cause that was what I was planning to use if I have to import. Any personal experiences or the like?

The fliptop mod is easy to do and definitely the safest PS2 mod, if this is your first time doing something like this to a system, takes about 10-20 min.

However, if you or someone you know is good at soldering...or you are lazy and don't like swapping a disc, go with a chip. My PS Two is fliptop modded and I use the swap magic discs for it. I'm happy with it.

Check out these guys for the fliptop kit:

http://www.thegiantstore.com/

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
I don't think Special is being passed over; I think it's purposely being left a Neo exclusive.
BS... Special is passed over because SNKP doesn't have the balls to release it on a mainstream console. That, and they know better than to release the incomplete/patched version.

KRONOS said:
Hmm...still no Samurai Showdown 5 Special? That game had some of the best art direction in the series
The best art direction in the series was actually SS64... which is also missing from the collection. At least there are technical issues preventing a port in that case rather than marketing issues.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
GeoStigma said:
The fliptop mod is easy to do and definitely the safest PS2 mod, if this is your first time doing something like this to a system, takes about 10-20 min.

However, if you or someone you know is good at soldering...or you are lazy and don't like swapping a disc, go with a chip. My PS Two is fliptop modded and I use the swap magic discs for it. I'm happy with it.

Check out these guys for the fliptop kit:

http://www.thegiantstore.com/

I will have to try this out. I'm not too lazy to swap discs, so I'll go with that; I did it with my DC imports anyway.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
This is great news. It's about time a World Heroes Collection was released. Unfortunately, this means the list of Imports I need to pick up gets longer and longer. Man, I gotta get my PS2 fixed..

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
neojedi said:
BS... Special is passed over because SNKP doesn't have the balls to release it on a mainstream console. That, and they know better than to release the incomplete/patched version.

How could SNK not have the balls to release if they're releasing 6 titles on the compilation already, one of them still in circulation for PS2?

I am still of the belief that Special is SNK's final gift to the Neo: an un-ported game.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
ViewtifulZFO said:
I will have to try this out. I'm not too lazy to swap discs, so I'll go with that; I did it with my DC imports anyway.

If you have any questions or anything when doing the fliptop mod on your PS2 (like I said, its easy as hell though), drop me a PM. More then happy to help.