Samurai Shodown Online Collection PS2

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Just got back from the TGS.

Yeah, this is announced. All the SS 2D fighting games, including Tenka, in what appears to be one collection :buttrock:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Awesome! Here's to hoping it'll make it stateside.

Any other news? KOF XII screenshots perhaps? ;)

hanafuda

No screenshots of KOF XII I'm afraid.

I did sit through most of SNK's publicity video. There weren't any other surprises in it. The new Maximum Impact video was loooong. It would appear to be their next arcade release...

The 3D Samurai game was just the intro that is old news now too.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
Awesome! Here's to hoping it'll make it stateside.
That's always the first thing I think. Then I start laughing at myself.

hanafuda

I guess the other thing worth noting is that the upcoming KOF '98 Online is not redone sprites at all: it is just your good old KOF '98 as you all know it.

I only caught some of the video for that title, but I'm pretty sure that is the case.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
I guess the other thing worth noting is that the upcoming KOF '98 Online is not redone sprites at all: it is just your good old KOF '98 as you all know it.

I only caught some of the video for that title, but I'm pretty sure that is the case.

GAY

All this damn hype and waiting for "Here's the ROM with PS2 online play, enjoy fuckers!"

hanafuda

Fygee said:
GAY

All this damn hype and waiting for "Here's the ROM with PS2 online play, enjoy fuckers!"

I guess there is always the chance that I caught the second half of the video that was saying, 'Plus, you can also play the game in the original format, just as it was on the NEO GEO!'. ;)

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Looks like they're putting more into gameplay instead

Iggy said:
KOF 98 Ultimate Match
Online, color Edit.
Choose between original (MVS game) and arrange mode.
Arrange : more characters, more modes, small fixes (including new moves for some characters ?)
New characters confirmed : Geese, Kasumi, Eiji, Kyô with his new clothes.
Terry has the buster wolf.

While I'm disappointed by the lack of Rebout treatment, let them save all that work for XII, I'm looking fgorward to these gameplay changes and tweaks for 98UM.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Can the PS2 give perfect ports (especially of Tenka)? How about load times? Really wish this was for xbox 360.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Eldios said:
Can the PS2 give perfect ports (especially of Tenka)? How about load times? Really wish this was for xbox 360.

Tenka is a pretty spot on port. KOF XI actually has better load times then the original.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
hanafudaX said:
Just got back from the TGS.

Yeah, this is announced. All the SS 2D fighting games, including Tenka, in what appears to be one collection :buttrock:

Any chance they mentioned a date for it?

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Mr.Nemoperson said:
Tenka is a pretty spot on port. KOF XI actually has better load times then the original.

No kidding? Wow I will have to pick this up then. Unfortunately I have been looking for an excuse to get out of the Neo, so now that perfect ports of Metal Slug (Wii) and SS (PS2) are coming, the day is coming close. All I need now is a Magician Lord Port and I will be free from the Neo addiction.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Eldios said:
No kidding? Wow I will have to pick this up then. Unfortunately I have been looking for an excuse to get out of the Neo, so now that perfect ports of Metal Slug (Wii) and SS (PS2) are coming, the day is coming close. All I need now is a Magician Lord Port and I will be free from the Neo addiction.

I would say the Atmoiswave ports have been good. Aside from NGBC's long ass load times and Neowave's tiny bit of slowdown. The Neo ps2 ports are a mixed bag. MOTW is good. Last Blades sucks. The KOF Orochi collection is alright although the sound fx are a little muffeled. The AOF collection is decent as well. Most have borders on the sides due to the different resolutions the orginal games are at.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
If this even includes Tenka, that's way past awesome. Holy shit.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
hanafudaX said:
It just said, '2007'.

Thanks for the clarification! :)

Well, hopefully it will be early 2007 since its basically a 1 to 1 port.

SEIJUROU

Kabuki Klasher
:mad_2: i play 2 months ago the samsho 5 for playstation 2 and was very bad experience it looks like a playstation 1 game.
i hope see as better conversion in this compilation or i continue playing on my NEO GEO.

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
Maybe they just hadn't space for the logo and thought one logo for both Versions should be enough...

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
I thought SS0 special was supposed to be a Neo Geo only game.

Anyways, this game needs a release in the US, I don't care what system as long as it has online play.

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
buttasuperb said:
I thought SS0 special was supposed to be a Neo Geo only game.

"Yes you're right and will remain Neo-only as per agreement of Final Respects to NeoGeo home console system."

-Vice President of SNKPLAYMORE CORP. JAPAN