Boot check help for MVS

KGX2

n00b
I need pics of these boards from these games to check against the ones i have. I'm pretty sure that 2 of mine are boots but the 3 others i'm not so sure about. With all the different boards out there on some games i need to see if these are legit. One of these has issues playing too (puzzle bobble). I need pics of puzzle bobble/bust-a-move, king of monsters, ninja combat, sam sho 2 and 3. I'll try to post pics of my boards later so everyone can see. If these are indeed boots we may be able to get another booter out of the buisness. If not we'll know who's selling good stuff.

KGX2

n00b
Here's pics of the puzzle bobble/bust-a-move but i already know this one is a boot.
puzzlebobble.jpg

KGX2

n00b
Here's ninja combat that i'm worried about. I've just never seen the blue resistors/capacitors or whatever those are on a cart before plus all those smaller chips in there too. Though i have to say this cart looks very clean like a machine did the work not done by hand.
ninjacombat.jpg

KGX2

n00b
And finally here is King of Monsters. Again this cart looks like it was put together by a machine not hand but those blue things are present (and some brown ones) though these 2 carts are among some of the oldest games. These 3 carts came from the same seller which is making me worried about the second 2 beign boots aswell.
kingofmonsters.jpg

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Those are both totally real. All those Toshiba chips with the proper NGH numbers on them are a dead giveaway. I would look through the vents on those, know they're real, and not even open them. They're as legit as can be.

KGX2

n00b
Thanx Neo Alec. Also just FYI my puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move boot was in an original case with an original label so yes people are switching the boards in original cases with booted boards. :very_ang:

KGX2

n00b
Almost a month later and i just got this puzzle bobble boot replaced with (atleast according to neo alec's pictures from another post) a 100% real cart. The shell is in bad shape so i figured another boot inside but this one played perfect. I popped it open and low and behold the boards are the real deal. I guess writing a very nasty letter to the seller paid off! :chimp: To answer the question about the boot i had of this game no it didn't play for crap and after looking at the botched chips and what not it's no wonder. Now my next question is should i cover my roms with the little windows with tape or something to prevent any kind of ill effect on them? :conf:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Congratulations on the acquisition.

I don't put tape on any of my official carts that have them, but I also don't keep them really out in the light or anything. I've never known anyone to reccomend it as necessary for official carts, although I can see it being done as a precaution. It wouldn't really hurt, I suppose.

KGX2

n00b
Yeah i was thinking if SNK shipped them with the windowed roms without anything over them then they should be fine provided you don't expose them to much light. Now another question is it any kind of light or UV rays that will damage/erase the roms? I've heard some people say light and others say just sun light because of the UV rays from it but i've never had an exact answer.