Blazing star boot????

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
well the label looks orig but damn the light shines on it so brightly its hard to tell the surface of the damn label...

well sure fire way is open up the cart and expose the boards to check the chips on it at least. :eye:

hhhmmmm....what is up in the middle of the case there...is that a crack or just reflection on something...hhhmmm.... :spock:

Last edited:

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
You never know until you've seen the boards. It could be an original case with original label but the boards could still be boots.

Post some board pics and then we can help you.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Legit. Your label looks like an authentic as well, however it's hard to see the colors in the pic.

seamoon

New Challenger
Weeee, thanks!

What are the things to look for when trying to judge if a label or board is boot or not? As I've understood it lots of boots still have SNK printed on the board?

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
seamoon said:
Weeee, thanks!

What are the things to look for when trying to judge if a label or board is boot or not? As I've understood it lots of boots still have SNK printed on the board?

Read the posts here, and also there's a section at loopyeddie.com

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
seamoon said:
Weeee, thanks!

Read the posts here, and also there's a section at loopyeddie.com

seamoon

New Challenger
Thanks again guys. I think I can almost consider myself an expert on spotting fake cassette boards now. :chimp: Still unsure about labels though. Sometimes on ebay I see auctions listed as original casing and boards, but with fake label, even though the label displayed in my eyes looks exactly like the corresponding one on http://www.hardmvs.com/.
Did all original labels come with hologram/rainbow effect? What else could one look for?

dannywhac

Cheng's Errand Boy
Bit of selfless ;) plugging, I've got a few original board pics at:
http://www.zen96737.zen.co.uk/index.htm

......forgot to add - I never go by labels on carts - I've bought a boot before that had a genuine label.....darn those case swappers.....

Last edited:

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Throw some support on Dan's site... :buttrock:

I've no decent camera yet to take any close up board pics but it's on my "to do" list.

Last edited: