Yet another ST-V problems thread.

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
Already searched the forums to no avail. Just got a mobo off E-bay plugged it into my Jamma harness, and nothing comes up! It has a US bios and I have no US carts, should'nt I at least get a test mode? I do have a Uni-bios and Jp cart but I don't want to alter the equip. until it works otherwise I can't send it back. I read in the manual that it might not work on some monitors, don't know if mines one of those. Any advice?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
What type of cab is it/monitor?

I don't own ST-V anymore(it's been awhile) but as I remember you do get a start-up screen with no cart in......With a Jap cart in a US mobo you should get a message or so that the mobo isn't compatible.

Do you hear anything...Is the screen just black?
Does the mobo have it's key?(white pin block going into one of the top ports)

Press in on the bios chip..
Make sure the jamma edge is clean ..

I do know that ST-V mobos are power hungry..

http://www.hardmvs.com/STV/ST-Vgame.htm

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
LameKat said:
Already searched the forums to no avail. Just got a mobo off E-bay plugged it into my Jamma harness, and nothing comes up! It has a US bios and I have no US carts, should'nt I at least get a test mode? I do have a Uni-bios and Jp cart but I don't want to alter the equip. until it works otherwise I can't send it back. I read in the manual that it might not work on some monitors, don't know if mines one of those. Any advice?

Yeah welcome to the club. I have 4 of these damn thing, had em for 9 month and still haven't isolated the problem. They have the same fault as yours.

Berty

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
All i can think of is that you dont have anything plugged into the CN-5 connector on the mobo. It wont do jack without it.

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing your all referring to the white connection point in the upper left? If so, where can I get a spare key? or could another member give me a pin out so I can jumper this thing up if it can be done.

st-v.jpg

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
100_0328.sized.jpg

Upper left board is STV obviously. If you have that key thing, then the other issue could be power. I had trouble powering it on my old cabinet without turning the voltage up on it.

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
yup, I'm missing the component thats in the lower left thingy.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I don't have either.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=711

Or if you can get your hands on the expansion part/board that'll work too..

2005_0203_205049AA.jpg

I needed one once,I emailed Billy Burger on eBay and he sent me one for free with a dead ST-V board.

Ok,I was doing a lot of business with him at the time though..