Metal slug 6 for ps2 released

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
I think a thread about MS6 for the PS2 has been already done here mate :lolz:
but what the Hell, got one order just then. Can't wait to play this baby :drool:

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
I need to wait and get a ps2 mod first. Then I'll be looking forward to playing several of these imports.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
My copy is en route from NCS. I'm hoping to have it Friday.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
THERE'S BLOOD!

I don't know

maybe I'm out of the loop

I thought the arcade release shunned the blood

well, it's in the PS2 ver.

now if only Leona is hidden somewhere in there

then I'd be in heaven

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
roker said:

heh heh i was almost wishing the same thing 'cept i was hoping that Heidern is in there as secret playable character. Heidern and Leona or Leona Awakened would really kick ass. well...one can hope. :emb:

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
Ill get it.....of course by get it I mean hit up mininova.org and download it. I heard the port is decent, we'll see....

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Got it and after 1 play through consider this to be hands-down the worst in the series.

The backgrounds are some of the worst/dead I have seen in years.

The only thing worthwhile are Ralf and Clark but even they aren't that special, pretty sure they didn't get their original voices either.

I don't know if it'll grow on me but I highly doubt it.

Talk about going out with a whimper.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Diavle18 said:
Got it and after 1 play through consider this to be hands-down the worst in the series.

The backgrounds are some of the worst/dead I have seen in years.

The only thing worthwhile are Ralf and Clark but even they aren't that special, pretty sure they didn't get their original voices either.

I don't know if it'll grow on me but I highly doubt it.

Talk about going out with a whimper.

Backgrounds are weak, but that's not an aspect of the game that I consider of high importance.

So far I say this beats MS4 and MS5 comfortably.

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
Hi Guys

Just got my Copy of the Game today at work. I am hoping its not gonna be too bad of a game, But i rather Play this then Metal Slug 3D that's for sure. I don't give a crap on the Background much, too me it's the Gameplay and BGM that matter's. So yeah i gonna give this sucker a go after work. :)

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
hanafudaX said:
Backgrounds are weak, but that's not an aspect of the game that I consider of high importance.

So far I say this beats MS4 and MS5 comfortably.

Its not just the BGs, the music and game design as well. I was just plain bored, its just so half-assed. I gave it another go with my sister in 2p (not passing my opinion beforehand) and she came to the exact same conclusion. 4 and 5 run circles around this.

I love the other Slugs (1 and 2 are my faves) and always hated it when people said things along the lines of SNK killing off the series but now I'm actually glad they did so.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Diavle18 said:
I love the other Slugs (1 and 2 are my faves) and always hated it when people said things along the lines of SNK killing off the series but now I'm actually glad they did so.
Tempted to flame you, but if you just don't like the series enough to want more, then I guess it's your problem.

Last edited:

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
SnairDogg said:
Tempted to flame you, but if you just don't like the series enough to want more, then I guess it's your problem.

That isn't what I was trying to say, I love the series. I have played 1-5 to death, suck at them terrribly but that doesn't stop me from enjoying em.

My point is if 6 is an indication of things to come then I'd rather the series stop before it drags itself through the gutter.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wolferaizer said:
Yep, I got it too from Mininova but I got no PS2. :lol:

you are the weirdest guy on the internet. After 5 years of seeing you boast about whoring, I can claim this with confidence.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
you are the weirdest guy on the internet. After 5 years of seeing you boast about whoring, I can claim this with confidence.

would have to agree,

been seeing this weirdass megapirates inane one a year comments for ...

well 5 years now

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
LMAO some1 or 2 remember me. :kekeke:

Been that long heh?

Ok ok i better shut up. Some1 got ticked like dropkick. :glee:

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
roker said:
THERE'S BLOOD!

I don't know

maybe I'm out of the loop

I thought the arcade release shunned the blood

well, it's in the PS2 ver.

then I'd be in heaven

That's awesome, my only gripe (an a minor one at that) with the game has been fixed.

neoxerxes

n00b
I've had couple of run throughs tonight, and thought it was good that they actually worked with the new hardware to create something that couldn't be done on the NEO. Firstly being the music. It was great that they have done some orchestral sounding renditions of the original tunes. This is one soundtrack of the series I will want to listen outside of gameplay.

Graphically wise, higher resolution backgrounds and zooming (the NEO could do this but with less graphically ambitious games) was nice to see, and to give the series a bit of a revamp in that aspect.

IMO I think this game is probably the most original since MS3 with MS4 simply being lazy with mission design (copy and paste galore), and MS5 being better, but still feeling no different (except maybe for the slide manoeuvre) to the older games in the series. However, I think they could have still done much more with the game, for instance with the addition of special effects and maybe a physics engine. Stuff and more we wouldn't expect, but at the same time keeping in with the spirit of series we have loved in the past.

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
Alright, a Korean version of Metal Slug 6 for PS2 is going to be released on the 18th.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-r-77-2-49-en-15-metal+slug-70-1l2j.html

It comes with a limited edition MS6 mug.

PA.73963.022.jpg

After the pre-order is complete, they won't be giving out any more mugs.

If you are into collecting shit like this as I am, you better pre-order it right the hell now.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Diavle18 said:
Its not just the BGs, the music and game design as well. I was just plain bored, its just so half-assed. I gave it another go with my sister in 2p (not passing my opinion beforehand) and she came to the exact same conclusion. 4 and 5 run circles around this.

I can't agree.

Sure, some of the backgrounds are really poor, like the plains on the first level, but the gameplay is solid and tough with it. Being able to store two special guns plus switch to the pistol is simple but adds a lot to the gameplay and strategy. Also, the different player abilities is another simple yet effective change.

For the people interested in score attacks, the charge-up bonus bar is also very simple but depending on how you use it can make a big difference to your score, so also a nicely implemented touch.

I also like the challenge on this. Sure, stage 1 is leisurely, but it really hots up right from stage 2.

Music? Not sure on that one yet. Ask me later.

Practically everyone thinks MS4 is the worst in the series, and I heartily agree. This is way, way better. Just look at the bosses in this game. In 4 they are all lame. In this, even the stage 1 boss is better than anything you see in MS4.

By the way, this comes with the soundtracks of Metal Slug 1 through 5 as a bonus.