modded 360 controller to use with a super nova arcade joy stick!! for SF2 xbox live!

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
I have hacked a 3rd party 360 pelican controller and installed it into my massystem.com super nova arcade stick.

what a bitch!

1st you cant use one ground wire for all buttons.
you will need 2 wires for each button.

2nd problem is noise and resistance.
the real problem was noise and the resistance of the full length cable on the super novas 25p connector. some crazy stuff would happen. like action happening with out hitting a button or different combination causing other none selected buttons to work. the best was if i held up-right while hitting y my guy in smash tv would walk to the left right through the walls into limbo lol....
in the end i shortened the cable that was in the super nova controller to about 10inches. after i did this everything works great. i used a extension cable to use the joystick on the supernova.
i had to do some other soldering in the supernova joystick and super nova because of the way ground was originally used.

the basic thing I did was soldered a up each button with 2 wires(up,down,left,right,a,b,x,y,lb,rb,back,start).
i used a 25pin pc cable that i cut one end off, that leaves one extra wire plus the shield.
i left 6 inches of the 25pin cable out side of the controller.

i now plug the 25pin cable i added to the 360 controller into the super nova joysticks 25pin connector. then plug the 360 controller usb cable into the xbox 360.

everything works great now, the pelican 360 controller still fully works by its self on the 360 or pc, and it kicks ass when plugged into the arcade joystick.
one cool project lets me use a arcade joystick on my 360 and my pc :D

sf2, doa3 and a lot of other xbox live arcde games play great with the joystick!!
sf2 feels exaclty as it does when i play it on my jamma board.
360_joystick.jpg

Last edited:

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Mixing the new with the old. It just gets harder and harder.

Speaking of which, I may get an HDTV LCD soon, but I will be pissed if it doesn't work with my Component video AES system. Atleast I have my Sony Trinitron 27". Any suggestions for most likely compatability?

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
acem77 said:
pic added

Mark, why are you so cool? Call me dude, we still gotta play some Super Dodgeball on the big screen....Ive gotten like 10 more new MVS games since the last time we talked! call me now!!