Marquee Light panels make high pitch squeeling sound on my 4 slot cab

eclypse

Banned
Hey guys.. I was just putting up the MV-ELD LCD Panels as i finally got the speaker wood panel for my cab and i noticed something right off the bat.

Theres a crazy high pitch squeeling sound.. I'm asuming its coming from the inverter (MV-ELA LCD Circuit Board) for the 2 light boards. I tried just hooking 1 light panel at a time to see if it was coming from one of them and it was the same. I tried it without the light panels and the sound is still there.

So is this a common thing for the inverter circuit board to make this sound? Is it a sign that the board is bad or dying? Can it be fixed?

Also i bought the MV-ELD LCD Panels and inverter from a member of these forums a while back and i was told that only 1 of the 4 lights work.. Well come to find out that both lights on panel B are fine and the 2 on the A board are bad.. Well it seems wierd cause i can see some light around the edges of the light panels only.

I'm hoping to get the light panels fixed whenever i can come up with the money for replacements.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
The squeal just means the panels need replacing. Or does it also squeal when the bad board is disconnected as well?

eclypse

Banned
The high pitch ring sound is still noticeable even with no light board connected. Funny thing is that its the loudest when both boards are connected and the 2 lights that work light up.

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
Unplug the inverter board for the lights, not the panels themselves, then tell me if it still makes noise

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
I was sure that only 1 of the panels was working?? I'm believe it's not the inverter, but that one or both panels are going to die soon.

eclypse

Banned
Borman said:
Unplug the inverter board for the lights, not the panels themselves, then tell me if it still makes noise

Ofcourse the noise is not there if i unplug the inverter board as i didn't notice the noise untill i installed the inverter and light panels.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
It's common...

It's usually caused by dying or dead panels...or having none working.... IMO Not enough voltage is being pulled by the bulbs from the driver,when the bulbs are dead or dying...
Having all 4 bulbs working the noise should go away..
With the panels unplugged the driver will still make noise...

You'd have to make sure all the bulbs work perfectly,.....if the driver still made noise then it may need to be grounded or something..
Note: I had this happened with my big red and woodgrain 2 slot..
Both bulbs were dead in the Woodgrain..The driver squealed until I replaced the bulbs.
I did that one at a time..With one good bulb in the the driver squealed..I put the second one in and it went away..
It was very loud in the 2 slot..

Big Red..2 of 4 bulbs where dead and the driver squealed when I switched to the dead ones...Unplugging from the panels it got louder..
Replacing the two dead bulbs and the noise went away..

I used to think that just unplugging the driver from the panels would get rid of the noise but it's not true..The driver must be unplugged from the motherboard.../and dead or dying bulbs replaced.

I assume you are going to get the 4 bulbs..?)
I'm not sure if I sold you the driver,panels and dead bulbs(?)...But if you get the 4 bulbs and the driver still makes noise I'll send you another driver.
If you get the same noise from the other driver then something isn't hooked up right..Something may need to be grounded.
If that's the case,after figuring it all out..please send me back a driver..:)

If I wasn't the guy that sold that stuff to you I can still send you the driver when you need it..:)

I have yet to come across a dead or bad inverter..One thing I can't tell though is if an inverter is for a 2-4 slot..I don't know if it makes a difference(?)...I have never found any differences in all the drivers I've owned...or in my two cabs inverters..They look the same..

eclypse

Banned
Thanks chris1 for the info.. Set me straight as usuall :)

No i bought the panels and inverter from Ruell! Hell i even forgot who it was till i just checked my PMs.

Good guy there.. as he was going to buy those boards back from me if i found out i didnt need them when i got my cab finally.

Oh BTW Chris1.. Remember that guy i bought the marquee header and speaker wood panel from on ebay? Well i just recently received the wood panel last Sat.. I'm still waiting for the marquee header from the guy.. He told me he sent it the same time. So after over a month of waitin i have paypal going after him now for the money. He's got 10 days for the package to get here or cough up for $50 he owes me.

Thats the worse experiance thus far ever online.. Man i could go on and on about what the guy has been telling me..but dont ever bother dealing with him. Stay far and away from a ebay member by the name of ttariders. Not worth it at all.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
eclypse said:
Thanks chris1 for the info.. Set me straight as usuall :)

No i bought the panels and inverter from Ruell! Hell i even forgot who it was till i just checked my PMs.

Good guy there.. as he was going to buy those boards back from me if i found out i didnt need them when i got my cab finally.

Oh BTW Chris1.. Remember that guy i bought the marquee header and speaker wood panel from on ebay? Well i just recently received the wood panel last Sat.. I'm still waiting for the marquee header from the guy.. He told me he sent it the same time. So after over a month of waitin i have paypal going after him now for the money. He's got 10 days for the package to get here or cough up for $50 he owes me.

Thats the worse experiance thus far ever online.. Man i could go on and on about what the guy has been telling me..but dont ever bother dealing with him. Stay far and away from a ebay member by the name of ttariders. Not worth it at all.

Your welcome my friend..

Great that you got the speaker wood panel as IMO it's the much harder part to find......... though it probably could be made if worst came to worst.
I think the marquee header is easier to find,.though it might take awhile.... IMO it's easier to find then the wood..

I hope you still get the marquee header from this guy..

I used to see them a lot,some guy member Lithy dealt with once made repros of them..(on ebay)
I should of picked one up as a spare..