SNK Neo Geo Korea to get tougher on crackdowns

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
Nobody probably heard of this, but MEGA Enterprise, in co-operation with SNK Playmore, created a company named "SNK Neo Geo Korea".

Heck, they don't even have a website as I know of.

However, an announcement has just been made that they will be cracking down on illegal crap like ROM sharing and copyright violations. Of course, this just applies to Korea since SNKNGK is a Korean-based company.

I know that SNK and SNKP were never active in something like this, but this might just a start a ripple effect. Sooner or later everyone affiliating with SNK Playmore will go nuts trying to sue everything and everyone that they see as a "threat".

Just something to share about.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
That got thier work cut out for them..

enomosiki said:
Nobody probably heard of this, but MEGA Enterprise, in co-operation with SNK Playmore, created a company named "SNK Neo Geo Korea".

Heck, they don't even have a website as I know of.

However, an announcement has just been made that they will be cracking down on illegal crap like ROM sharing and copyright violations. Of course, this just applies to Korea since SNKNGK is a Korean-based company.

I know that SNK and SNKP were never active in something like this, but this might just a start a ripple effect. Sooner or later everyone affiliating with SNK Playmore will go nuts trying to sue everything and everyone that they see as a "threat".

Just something to share about.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
enomosiki said:
Sooner or later everyone affiliating with SNK Playmore will go nuts trying to sue everything and everyone that they see as a "threat".

really

really

really

doubt it

end.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I for one am glad megaking are doing this and not making any more games.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The crackdown is much more needed in Korea than in Japan.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Hmm... So SNKNeoGeoKorea is stopping Neo Geo bootleggers from producing mvs carts long after SNKP stopped producing original Neo Geo games? Do MVS bootleg sales still cut into number of Atomiswave game sales that much?

How much do the sales of bootleg Metal Slug 6 MVS hack carts cut into the sales of Metal Slug 6 Atomiswave carts? SNKP switched formats to avoid piracy. Do arcade owners love their 4 slots so much that they would rather install a shitty hack that doesn't even resemble what the real game is supposed to be?

As far as I am aware of, there are no Atomiswave boots, but someone has to be working on the developement of Atomiswave bootlegs. Does SNKP think they can stop their games from being pirated by stopping the pirates? I think their best bet would be to switch hardware every couple years, that way they can at least avoid the piracy of their recent games, and there really isn't too much reason to bootleg older titles.

There isn't anything SNKP can do to slow down distribution of Neo Geo rom images online though. That shit will be there forever. This sucks because a lot of Playmore's recent releases have been Neo Geo collections for PS2, and teh roms must cut into those sales BIG TIME. For me however, its my MVS that prevents me from buying those titles (as well as my lack of a PS2). I did buy KOF Neowave for Xbox, which is the first brand new game I have bought in over a year. And I'm very happy with my purchase.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
I can see that it can have an big effect on several websites, especially the one in your signature which has roms and soundtracks for download.

ali

New Challenger
It will at least make an effort to crack down on pirates...