MVS/ Cart problem with button layout

obot64

New Challenger
I got an mvs system and mark of the wolves from ebay about 6th months ago. I never really got around to using it so I decided to sell it to my friend.

He buys it and apparently its not working. The problem is that the button layout for MOTW is funny instead of ABCD its ACBD on the player one side and on the player 2 side you get something similar but the D button is actually down and D

All this is extremely odd considering that this originally was only happening with the
MOTW cart, after a while it started to happen on his Last Blade 2 cart?

Any ideas?

Mulletron

Kabuki Klasher
Could be a grounding issue. I had this problem with My CPSIII, Make sure all the grounds are connected, and a rudimentary: Check the wires back to the JAMMA harness. See if it matches the MVS Pinout.

obot64

New Challenger
Ok, after extensive testing we have determined that there is a problem with the MVS board.

The Garou works fine on a 4 slot mvs... but it’s odd because when we try other games some most of them work fine as well, I think last blade two worked fine for a while and then had the same problem as Garou.

What could be the problem?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
The fault is going to be with his system / Jamma wiring and not the cart. Most likly a grounding issue as already mentioned. Its also possible there is something on the PCB causing a short so if could be worth while cleaning the MVS PCB to be sure.

Raz

obot64

New Challenger
I've tried this mvs board in several systems, and the same thing happens, I think it needs cleaning, after all it is quite dusty. What the proper method of cleaning for a MV-1F pcb?

Thanks for the already great comments.

Last edited: