SNKPlaymore fighting game championship 2006 (Kof XI and MI 2)

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Yeah, the final is at the TGS.

I was there a couple of years ago, and they did a similar thing then, only that was KOF 2003 on the PS2.

This time they have a Kansai qualifier in advance, then a Kanto qualifier in the morning at the TGS itself.

I'm seriously considering going to TGS this year, as I have a feeling it is going to be the best for a long time. This is another reason to trek out to Makuhari Messe with thousands of sweaty Japanese guys and smug foreigners that think they are the shit because they are at the TGS.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
wow! thanx for the translation has snk been doing this before (like before 2k3)?

im kinda excited about this, i knew snkplaymore was somehow involved at tougeki, but didn't know they had their tournaments as well.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Yeah, the final is at the TGS.

I was there a couple of years ago, and they did a similar thing then, only that was KOF 2003 on the PS2.

This time they have a Kansai qualifier in advance, then a Kanto qualifier in the morning at the TGS itself.

I'm seriously considering going to TGS this year, as I have a feeling it is going to be the best for a long time. This is another reason to trek out to Makuhari Messe with thousands of sweaty Japanese guys and smug foreigners that think they are the shit because they are at the TGS.

Cool! Shoot me a PM on which days your going, I go every year!

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
jeff bogard said:
wow! thanx for the translation has snk been doing this before (like before 2k3)?

No problem. I was there in 2003 (first time) but I don't recall any tournament that time. I don't think their stage was set up for it.

In 2004 though it was quite a decent event in itself, and there were pretty big crowds watching. With the titles this year it should be much better still (well, KOF XI anyway, I don't know a thing about MI2).

RBjakeSpecial said:
Cool! Shoot me a PM on which days your going, I go every year!

After typing that I realised I'm not going to be here that weekend :crying: I didn't go last year as there didn't seem much point, but this year I expect big things from SONY and Nintendo, plus the SNKP tournament sounds cool.

So thanks for the offer but I can't make it. I am also moving at the end of this month, so will be busy for a while, but once things are settled down we will have to meet up. That get together you mentioned last time sounds good. My PS2 is already packed, but I unpack it first at the new place to get some practice in! I'll PM you. Thanks again.