PDA

View Full Version : No SNK games on PS3 before 2009

Frankfurt
08-07-2006, 05:42 PM
"In words of the marketing manager of SNK-Playmore, Yoshihito Koyama, the first title they'd develop for the Sony Playstation 3 probably won't reach the market until 2009, the reason is that the development cost and initial investment is really high and the user base will not be high enough for their games to sell.

This seems to be another turnover from the third party game developers regarding the excesivelly high standards from Sony, just to add one of the many drawbacks the company has had since the E3 '06, when the presentation of the PS3 left too much negative impressions in the gaming consumer and development ambient."

Fakk2
08-07-2006, 05:50 PM
"In words of the marketing manager of SNK-Playmore, Yoshihito Koyama, the first title they'd develop for the Sony Playstation 3 probably won't reach the market until 2009, the reason is that the development cost and initial investment is really high and the user base will not be high enough for their games to sell.

This seems to be another turnover from the third party game developers regarding the excesivelly high standards from Sony, just to add one of the many drawbacks the company has had since the E3 '06, when the presentation of the PS3 left too much negative impressions in the gaming consumer and development ambient."

I guess its one of the main reasons I wont be buying any Playmore titles anyways. Playmore sucks and SNK is dead, let it go.

Gotenks326
08-07-2006, 05:54 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149155

THE FURY
08-29-2006, 05:31 AM
I guess its one of the main reasons I wont be buying any Playmore titles anyways. Playmore sucks and SNK is dead, let it go.

truth!

Neo23
08-29-2006, 05:39 AM
Don't think it matters anyway, got plenty of stuff to get on the old neo and ps2. If they bring out some good games on ps3 thats great, if not I won't miss much............(except MOTW 2 if ever)

Borisz
08-29-2006, 06:21 AM
Well the PS3 will suck ass anyway - overpriced and it'll only have Metal Gear and Grand Turismo. Just buy a Xbox360 for sports games and Halo 3, and a Wii for everything else.

Playmore is SNK. It was founded by the same person with the goal to buy back SNK which was being slowly assimilated by their parent company at the time.

Fygee
08-29-2006, 07:07 AM

What in the hell would it take to make you Playmore haters happy? They could release the best fighter ever in the history of mankind, and you guys would still hate it just because of that damn P at the end of the name.

NGBC, SS6, KOFMI 2 (hate 3D all you want, its still a fun game), and especially KOF XI are proof that SNKP does NOT suck. Sure, we'll get stuff like Metal Slug 3D, but show me a company that doesn't occasionally make a crappy game, and I'll show you a flying alligator.

Playmore IS SNK. Let it go.

Diavle18
08-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Playmore doesn't need the next gen, the current gen machines are more than enough for their types of games. Not to mention if they release on the PS2 the PS3 ppl can still play em.

What in the hell would it take to make you Playmore haters happy? They could release the best fighter ever in the history of mankind, and you guys would still hate it just because of that damn P at the end of the name.

NGBC, SS6, KOFMI 2 (hate 3D all you want, its still a fun game), and especially KOF XI are proof that SNKP does NOT suck. Sure, we'll get stuff like Metal Slug 3D, but show me a company that doesn't occasionally make a crappy game, and I'll show you a flying alligator.

Very well said.

-Hibikster-
08-29-2006, 07:31 AM
but show me a company that doesn't occasionally make a crappy game, and I'll show you a flying alligator.

Psikyo

http://www.sbac.edu/~tpl/clipart/Animals%20and%20Insects/gator%20aiplane2.jpg

Uh yuk! :kekeke:

But in all seriousness, I agree with you. No matter what anyone things, SNKP will always be an improving company with future prospects unlike its predecessor. SNK hardly if ever released games for mainstream console systems, it was always the likes of Takara and others who ported them. These guys although a bit late are grabbing it by the horns and actually doing things right. Expect a couple of weak games, its not like they've been doing so much 3D in the first place. For a company that is suddenly getting into mainstream 3D gaming, they're doing a very good job. Capcom has been doing non-stop 3D since the days of Resident Evil, and yet we get lemons like Crimson Tears and Final Fight Streetwise. They're also playing it smart with the PS3, it is a very risky investment to be getting into that system in the first place and are waiting until it has set foot into ground (by 2009ish) to see if it's worth making games for it or not.

Like Diavle said, PS2 games can be played on PS3. Considering that we're playing ports of games that originated as far back as 1994 on the PS2 and XBOX, I can't see how that will be a problem.

Neo Alec
08-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah, let's pay $800 for homebrew crap instead! :rolleyes:

Neo Geo MVS
08-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Its true Playmore sucks and SNK is dead and the funny thing is they cant think of anything original they just go back to popular titles like metal slug and destroy the franchise by making a crappy 3d version.

werejag
08-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Well the PS3 will suck ass anyway - overpriced and it'll only have Metal Gear and Grand Turismo. Just buy a Xbox360 for sports games and Halo 3, and a Wii for everything else.

Playmore is SNK. It was founded by the same person with the goal to buy back SNK which was being slowly assimilated by their parent company at the time.

halo3 probly will require the "optional accesory" the hd-dvd drive for xbox. so 200 bucks plus 60 dollar game.

xbox 360 doesnt seem so cheap does it when you are required to buy "optional accesories" just to play games.

Loopz
08-30-2006, 07:29 PM
halo3 probly will require the "optional accesory" the hd-dvd drive for xbox. so 200 bucks plus 60 dollar game.

xbox 360 doesnt seem so cheap does it when you are required to buy "optional accesories" just to play games.

There will be NO games for the HD-DVD external drive.
It's only for movies.
Shaddap.

LoneSage
08-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Psikyo

Sol Divide and Sengoku Cannon.

Fakk2
08-30-2006, 11:10 PM

If PLAYMORE was SNK thier games would kick ass and we would not have seen MS5 get totally raped! Death to Playmore and thier god damn raping of SNK games!

Fakk2
08-30-2006, 11:13 PM
It's only for movies.
Shaddap.

So in other words, thier HD-DVD drive is worthless to even think about. It figures they would release something totally worthless on that console, oh but this is Micro$oft were talking about here, lol. Buy 10 things to make thier system complete or buy it complete outta the box?? Ill stick with Sonys machines, thanks! ;)

Fakk2
08-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah, let's pay $800 for homebrew crap instead! :rolleyes:

That "Homebrew Crap" is better than anything by Playmore so far that Ive seen. Hell if Playmore got any worse I would think they were ADK or Visco. Sheesh...

Fygee
08-31-2006, 02:20 AM
If PLAYMORE was SNK thier games would kick ass and we would not have seen MS5 get totally raped! Death to Playmore and thier god damn raping of SNK games!

Don't pretend that everything that came out of SNK was sweet and rosy. A fair number of their early games either blew ass or were decisively mediocre, and while most of the games from their golden period in the mid to mid-late 90's were fantastic, they weren't necessarily the perfection many claim them to be.

MS5 didn't get totally raped. Yes, they cut stuff out that should've been in the game, but the game is still a complete blast to play, and more enjoyable than MS4 was IMO.

That "Homebrew Crap" is better than anything by Playmore so far that Ive seen. Hell if Playmore got any worse I would think they were ADK or Visco. Sheesh...

KOF XI worse than homebrews? That pretty much proves you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

-Hibikster-
08-31-2006, 03:11 AM
So in other words, thier HD-DVD drive is worthless to even think about. It figures they would release something totally worthless on that console, oh but this is Micro$oft were talking about here, lol. Buy 10 things to make thier system complete or buy it complete outta the box?? Ill stick with Sonys machines, thanks! ;)

At least 360 owners actually have the choice of paying less than $600 for a console. For those who don't care for a blu-ray player, that feature is worthless. Besides, using your PS3 for movies/games will wear the drive out A LOT faster than having an additional HD-DVD drive, where each drive is used specifically for its own purpose. It's the same as combo drives for computers back in the early 2000's. Almost everyone with half a mind would buy a seperate DVD-ROM and a seperate CD-RW drive rather than a DVD/CD-RW combo, which were notorious for breaking down regardless the company.

Fakk2
08-31-2006, 04:47 AM
Don't pretend that everything that came out of SNK was sweet and rosy. A fair number of their early games either blew ass or were decisively mediocre, and while most of the games from their golden period in the mid to mid-late 90's were fantastic, they weren't necessarily the perfection many claim them to be.

MS5 didn't get totally raped. Yes, they cut stuff out that should've been in the game, but the game is still a complete blast to play, and more enjoyable than MS4 was IMO.

KOF XI worse than homebrews? That pretty much proves you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

It took them (Playmore) 6 YEARS to finally come out with 1 Decent game (KOF XI) and quite honestly if it took them that long for one good game, no thanks, SNK would have givin us much better stuff by now. IMO playmore stinks compared to the real deal, the good ol SNK.

roker
08-31-2006, 04:50 AM
so why is this hilarious again?

fuckin' fanboys

Fakk2
08-31-2006, 04:58 AM
At least 360 owners actually have the choice of paying less than $600 for a console. For those who don't care for a blu-ray player, that feature is worthless. Besides, using your PS3 for movies/games will wear the drive out A LOT faster than having an additional HD-DVD drive, where each drive is used specifically for its own purpose. It's the same as combo drives for computers back in the early 2000's. Almost everyone with half a mind would buy a seperate DVD-ROM and a seperate CD-RW drive rather than a DVD/CD-RW combo, which were notorious for breaking down regardless the company.

Ooooh I didnt know an extra $100 would be bothersome for NeoGeo owners, lol, hmmm twice the performance on games and something that KILLS DVDs totally (BluRay) and only $100 dollars more, plus the BEST Exclusive titles to boot, man the PS3 is simply better in every aspect and if you decide 360 over it, your just a lame fanboy of shitty ass American JUNK! HD-DVD, pfff dont make me laugh. So in other words your stuck with DVD9 games for the next 4 years and your happy about that? LOL! please...... 360 owners are such damn fools. Remember the Dreamcast? Remember its fate? Everyone (Including myself) bought one for its superior graphics, its cheaper price, its smaller design, etc... and when the PS2 came out it was shit city for us DC owners. Same thing will happen to 360 now that it doesnt have "The power of X" under the hood, now its just a wimpy ass little baby and its gonna get blown away by the "Power of the PS3", lol.

Only a $100 extra and you get a better system, just remember that, oh but lets not forget the dumbass fanboy remarks "But its got Halo!!!!" and your answer is "Yup, so will the PC, so it is NOT exclusive!" and the PC version has more content (Halo 1 on the PC had Online Features for example) so all in all everyone has thier own opinions about it, and mine is 360 is a joke, and on Nov. 15th everyone will find out why.

Oh god, I just remembered 360 doesnt even have HDMI, it uses Component still , EEEwwwwww... Who the hell wants to look at that washed out looking garbage when they can finally view HD games in NextGen HDMI!?

-Hibikster-
08-31-2006, 05:11 AM
It took them (Playmore) 6 YEARS to finally come out with 1 Decent game (KOF XI) and quite honestly if it took them that long for one good game, no thanks, SNK would have givin us much better stuff by now. IMO playmore stinks compared to the real deal, the good ol SNK.

What a dumb, dumb post.

October 22, 2001 is when old SNK folded.

July 7, 2003 is when they gained back their intellectual rights back and were able to start going full force with their franchises.

That's 3 of your proclaimed 6 years down the tube, where the company was going through some heavy turmoil, and yet they STILL were able to release awesome games such as KOF 2k2 and successfully shifted their views towards prospects which contain future (by roaming into 3D gaming and finetuning/perfecting their old games).

Then you have games like the Maximum Impact series (which is developing itself quite nicely), as well as the atomiswave games they made, and all the ports that SNKP is doing for themselves so they can get their games out into the mainstream fold of gaming. SNKP is doing exactly what they should have done years ago. If they did, they might have not gone out of business so easily.

Fakk2
08-31-2006, 05:23 AM
What a dumb, dumb post.

October 22, 2001 is when old SNK folded.

July 7, 2003 is when they gained back their intellectual rights back and were able to start going full force with their franchises.

That's 3 of your proclaimed 6 years down the tube, where the company was going through some heavy turmoil, and yet they STILL were able to release awesome games such as KOF 2k2 and successfully shifted their views towards prospects which contain future (by roaming into 3D gaming and finetuning/perfecting their old games).

Then you have games like the Maximum Impact series (which is developing itself quite nicely), as well as the atomiswave games they made, and all the ports that SNKP is doing for themselves so they can get their games out into the mainstream fold of gaming. SNKP is doing exactly what they should have done years ago. If they did, they might have not gone out of business so easily.

Please give me a break, man, Playmore shit sucks and you just wanna hold onto it because they are all of whats left of SNK. Since SNKs demise all they have left of the old SNK staff are the LAZY ones that cant make shit anymore without the help of thier old SNK staff that left, SNK is changed so badly by that, that I cant stand them anymore. Playmore makes pure junk, and thier 3d crap is worthless. I played MAX IMPACT and MS3D and they completely stink of teh shit! Playmore and 3D dont mix. Sadly Playmore and 2D dont mix well either. I hope Playmore dies a good death!

You thought KOF2k2 was good, holy hell man that game blows so badly its unreal! KOF2000 is the BEST they ever made of the KOF series or ever will make IMO. KOF XI is ok, but as good as the old SNK, hell no! and that NGBC and SS Tenka, please gimmie a break, they blew also. Playmore is just plain BAD!

If SNK did ages ago what they are doing now, I would have sold the Neo-Geo and said piss on that system! Release ports!? No thanks... Atomiswave instead of Neo-Geo, again, no thanks. Screw Delaymore.... thier done in my book.

-Hibikster-
08-31-2006, 05:28 AM
Ooooh I didnt know an extra $100 would be bothersome for NeoGeo owners, lol, hmmm twice the performance on games and something that KILLS DVDs totally (BluRay) and only $100 dollars more, plus the BEST Exclusive titles to boot, man the PS3 is simply better in every aspect and if you decide 360 over it, your just a lame fanboy of shitty ass American JUNK! HD-DVD, pfff dont make me laugh. So in other words your stuck with DVD9 games for the next 4 years and your happy about that? LOL! please...... 360 owners are such damn fools. Remember the Dreamcast? Remember its fate? Everyone (Including myself) bought one for its superior graphics, its cheaper price, its smaller design, etc... and when the PS2 came out it was shit city for us DC owners. Same thing will happen to 360 now that it doesnt have "The power of X" under the hood, now its just a wimpy ass little baby and its gonna get blown away by the "Power of the PS3", lol.

First off, HD DVD currently is killing Blu Ray in sales. Go look it up.

Second, you inherently contradict yourself several times in this paragraph. Please make up your mind on whether superior specs make a system or break a system.

Third, DVD format was already well established during the release time of the PS2, and it was one of a kind. Blu Ray and HD DVD are still in their infancy stages so it's a HUGE risk on Sony's part to integrate the blu-ray drive into the PS3. Whereas if the HD-DVD flops, 360 owners aren't stuck with a $600 worthless pile of metal and plastic. They can still use their machine for its initial purpose, and that's to play its games.

It also falls back on developers too. Most of them are saying development for PS3 is way too costly. Sure there wil be some exclusives, but the majority of games both systems will share. Companies won't go out of their way to graphically enhance something significantly for the PS3 just because of the capability of the system. XBOX's superiority in specs didn't guarantee similar better looking games than the PS2. What makes you think that PS3 will change developers minds and force them to put in more money to a PS3 counterpart of a game they intend to make for both systems?

But most of all, it ultimately falls back on the consumer. Whether you like it or not, just like with the XBOX and the PS2, they will both be getting the same games. And then it falls back on the consumer whether they want to pay $50 or $70 for the same game.

Only a $100 extra and you get a better system, just remember that, oh but lets not forget the dumbass fanboy remarks "But its got Halo!!!!" and your answer is "Yup, so will the PC, so it is NOT exclusive!" and the PC version has more content (Halo 1 on the PC had Online Features for example) so all in all everyone has thier own opinions about it, and mine is 360 is a joke, and on Nov. 15th everyone will find out why.

Oh god, I just remembered 360 doesnt even have HDMI, it uses Component still , EEEwwwwww... Who the hell wants to look at that washed out looking garbage when they can finally view HD games in NextGen HDMI!?

360 is developing to be more than just a halo box. Its state-of-the-art online play is what makes it shine now and right now, this is whats

Its great to see you have so much enthusiasm in the PS3's release. Just don't let your fanboyism blind you. A true fan of any given company will be more than happy to correct said company if they make mistakes. A fanboy cheers them on regardless what the potential/actual outcome is.

-Hibikster-
08-31-2006, 05:40 AM
Please give me a break, man, Playmore shit sucks and you just wanna hold onto it because they are all of whats left of SNK. Since SNKs demise all they have left of the old SNK staff are the LAZY ones that cant make shit anymore without the help of thier old SNK staff that left, SNK is changed so badly by that, that I cant stand them anymore. Playmore makes pure junk, and thier 3d crap is worthless. I played MAX IMPACT and MS3D and they completely stink of teh shit! Playmore and 3D dont mix. Sadly Playmore and 2D dont mix well either. I hope Playmore dies a good death!

You thought KOF2k2 was good, holy hell man that game blows so badly its unreal! KOF2000 is the BEST they ever made of the KOF series or ever will make IMO. KOF XI is ok, but as good as the old SNK, hell no! and that NGBC and SS Tenka, please gimmie a break, they blew also. Playmore is just plain BAD!

If SNK did ages ago what they are doing now, I would have sold the Neo-Geo and said piss on that system! Release ports!? No thanks... Atomiswave instead of Neo-Geo, again, no thanks. Screw Delaymore.... thier done in my book.

Say all you want about SNKP, no matter what you think, SNKP is giving these franchises more positive recognition than they ever did pre 2000. SNK was in their own little bubble pre 2000, and that's what eventually led to their death. Sure they created their own little cliche of fans, but now they have a second chance. Now is the time to reach out to the mainstream gamers; where the real money is at. Releasing ports is the best thing they've ever done for the company.

I used to play SNKP games casually pre 2000. Only after 2000 is when I actually started finding their games up to par with gaming standards in general. Their games were and still are showing signs that they're advancing on a graphical and gameplay level. With each fighting game that's coming out they're fixing bugs and making them more and more balanced. It's natural that they will come out with some buggy games in the beginning while they scope into these new ventures but they're showing nothing but constant improvement.

Finally, if you think that NGBC sucks, and that KOF 2000 is better than XI, that officially ends our debate on this issue. You clearly have no taste in gaming my friend. KOF 2000 is one of the most broken fighting games you can ever play.

Fakk2
08-31-2006, 05:50 AM
Say all you want about SNKP, no matter what you think, SNKP is giving these franchises more positive recognition than they ever did pre 2000. SNK was in their own little bubble pre 2000, and that's what eventually led to their death. Sure they created their own little cliche of fans, but now they have a second chance. Now is the time to reach out to the mainstream gamers; where the real money is at. Releasing ports is the best thing they've ever done for the company.

I used to play SNKP games casually pre 2000. Only after 2000 is when I actually started finding their games up to par with gaming standards in general. Their games were and still are showing signs that they're advancing on a graphical and gameplay level. With each fighting game that's coming out they're fixing bugs and making them more and more balanced. It's natural that they will come out with some buggy games in the beginning while they scope into these new ventures but they're showing nothing but constant improvement.

Finally, if you think that NGBC sucks, and that KOF 2000 is better than XI, that officially ends our debate on this issue. You clearly have no taste in gaming my friend. KOF 2000 is one of the most broken fighting games you can ever play.

Ok, well said, we have our own opinions. Good job! :P like I really care what your opinions are anyways. NGBC DOES suck! KOF 2000 broken? ok we definately have different tasts. You seem to like Fight Fever so its no wonder you like Playmores fucking garbage titles.

Diavle18
08-31-2006, 05:58 AM
KOF 2000 broken? ok we definately have different tasts.

Do you even know what broken means?

It has nothing to do with tastes.

-Hibikster-
08-31-2006, 06:00 AM
There's actually a nice long history between me and Fight Fever. It's one of those "it's so horrible that its funny" games. In my forums, many people weren't aware of this game, so I decided to make a parody review saying it was a hidden jewel on the neo geo and that it was better than VF4 and Garou MOTW. The review was extremely believable to such a point someone in Finland went and bought the game based on my review, then sent me a death threat afterwards. So my "love" for Fight Fever is more of a parody than anything else.

Sorry chump, can't base my taste in gaming off that one. :chimp:

Fygee
08-31-2006, 06:05 AM
Such unnecessary anger Fakk2. Did someone who works at SNKP fondle your goodies when you were a child?

like I really care what your opinions are anyways.

So then why should we give a care about anything you say if you're going to have that attitude?

Fakk2
08-31-2006, 06:07 AM
First off, HD DVD currently is killing Blu Ray in sales. Go look it up.

Second, you inherently contradict yourself several times in this paragraph. Please make up your mind on whether superior specs make a system or break a system.

Third, DVD format was already well established during the release time of the PS2, and it was one of a kind. Blu Ray and HD DVD are still in their infancy stages so it's a HUGE risk on Sony's part to integrate the blu-ray drive into the PS3. Whereas if the HD-DVD flops, 360 owners aren't stuck with a $600 worthless pile of metal and plastic. They can still use their machine for its initial purpose, and that's to play its games.

It also falls back on developers too. Most of them are saying development for PS3 is way too costly. Sure there wil be some exclusives, but the majority of games both systems will share. Companies won't go out of their way to graphically enhance something significantly for the PS3 just because of the capability of the system. XBOX's superiority in specs didn't guarantee similar better looking games than the PS2. What makes you think that PS3 will change developers minds and force them to put in more money to a PS3 counterpart of a game they intend to make for both systems?

But most of all, it ultimately falls back on the consumer. Whether you like it or not, just like with the XBOX and the PS2, they will both be getting the same games. And then it falls back on the consumer whether they want to pay $50 or $70 for the same game.

360 is developing to be more than just a halo box. Its state-of-the-art online play is what makes it shine now and right now, this is whats

Its great to see you have so much enthusiasm in the PS3's release. Just don't let your fanboyism blind you. A true fan of any given company will be more than happy to correct said company if they make mistakes. A fanboy cheers them on regardless what the potential/actual outcome is.

Hmmm if you think so bubba! If you think so.... Like I said come this November youll see what Im saying, If you have an HDTV that has HDMI, its a no brainer. I personally dont give a shit if HD-DVD outsells Bluray players, Id expect that from a bunch of pussys that want the cheaper chicken products, that wont stop me from buying the better one. Hell I bought LaserDiscs for YEARS! I didnt care if they sold horrible or not as long as they were the best and I could buy them, thats all I care about. So I support BluRay and PS3. I just gotta have my Tekkens, Ridge Racers, Virtua Fighters, Killzone, Gran Turismos, and all the rest of Exclusives found on the Sony platform. I cant wait to see that Resistance Fall of man, etc... I found not one great title on 360 yet worth of calling a Next Gen looking title, and with only Component no matter how close the versions are of the same game, the PS3 version using HDMI will totally blow 360s versions away. If you have even seen the real difference like I have between analog video and pure digital video you would agree with me 100%. Add the BluRay discs and there is no more compressed videos so they will all be super beautiful as well compared to any DVD9 version of the same title. It will be like comparing a DVD9 to a GameCube disc (to some extent) BluRay is so much better. No matter how you slice it, the PS3 has the best of everything, and 360 has very little to offer.

Oh and you little thing about Online modes, man, I hate to say this but I tried XBOX Live and it sucked and still was laggy as hell at times, so who cares, PS3 Online mode (standard) is free so I will play online on that console. Im not about to pay to play online unless its an online MMO RPG.

Im glad you like 360 though.... it will need all the help it can get... 360 sold WORSE in Japan than the original Xbox did upon launch. :P

Fakk2
08-31-2006, 06:12 AM
So then why should we give a care about anything you say if you're going to have that attitude?

I never asked you to care about what I say. Opinions are just that, I guess mine are just harsh, but, then again, thats the kinda person I am. I give harsh opinions about things.

I just cant stand playmore, and if you love them then my hats off to you, fanatstic for you.

-Hibikster-
08-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Hmmm if you think so bubba! If you think so.... Like I said come this November youll see what Im saying, If you have an HDTV that has HDMI, its a no brainer. I personally dont give a shit if HD-DVD outsells Bluray players, Id expect that from a bunch of pussys that want the cheaper chicken products, that wont stop me from buying the better one. Hell I bought LaserDiscs for YEARS! I didnt care if they sold horrible or not as long as they were the best and I could buy them, thats all I care about. So I support BluRay and PS3. I just gotta have my Tekkens, Ridge Racers, Virtua Fighters, Killzone, Gran Turismos, and all the rest of Exclusives found on the Sony platform. I cant wait to see that Resistance Fall of man, etc... I found not one great title on 360 yet worth of calling a Next Gen looking title, and with only Component no matter how close the versions are of the same game, the PS3 version using HDMI will totally blow 360s versions away. If you have even seen the real difference like I have between analog video and pure digital video you would agree with me 100%. Add the BluRay discs and there is no more compressed videos so they will all be super beautiful as well compared to any DVD9 version of the same title. It will be like comparing a DVD9 to a GameCube disc (to some extent) BluRay is so much better. No matter how you slice it, the PS3 has the best of everything, and 360 has very little to offer.

Oh and you little thing about Online modes, man, I hate to say this but I tried XBOX Live and it sucked and still was laggy as hell at times, so who cares, PS3 Online mode (standard) is free so I will play online on that console. Im not about to pay to play online unless its an online MMO RPG.

Im glad you like 360 though.... it will need all the help it can get... 360 sold WORSE in Japan than the original Xbox did upon launch. :P

First. Have you seen screenshots of some of the PS3 titles? The graphics look like that of an N64 game. I don't care what magic HDMI can do, if the game is developed to look like shit, then it will look like shit. If the developer deems the game to look the same on both systems, then guess what...they will; just like with the XBOX and PS2. Again, it will cost companies more money to alter the initial game just to that it suits the PS3's specs.

Second. You basically re-assured me that you're one of those people who has to have THE best of the best out there regardless the price. Nothing really wrong with that, until it gets to a point where you're willing to pay 100% more for somthing for about 5% increase in quality.

Third, I acknowledged that there will be exclusives for PS3, and all the power to you if that's what you're after. If that's what you said in your first post I would have let it slide. It's normal that people would rather pay 700 bucks for a ps3 and an arcade perfect VF5 than 3000+ for a VF5 cabinet.

But as soon as you started bashing other system's capabilities that's where I had to step in. Even though the initial topic of this thread was towards SNKP, that could represent any small to mid-sized developer. For people who really couldn't care less about exclusives they will stick to a 360 because there won't be any big difference between games that are made for both systems. And I hate to say it, but if support for the PS3 starts to slump, exclusives will no longer be exclusives anymore. Developers are out to make money, not to support X or Y company. So lets just hope for your sake and other PS3 fans sake that Sony can build enough hype to recapture the people it lost during last May's E3.

Also, PS2's free online service was and still is a failure compared to XBOX Live's online service. What makes you think PS3's will be any different?

Sony depends on companies to host the online gaming on their own servers. That also means more money that a company has to spend in order to have end users utilize their games to a maximum. Once again, Sony is scaring off small to mid-sized developers with this concept.

In short, what I'm trying to say is the fate of any system falls back on the developers. Sony's current tactics are working against its PS3. Not only is SNKP backing off from developing, but several other companies too. It's not like Nintendo where Sony develops its own games and has its own characters and franchises. If enough developers drop off Sony's bandwagon, they're in big trouble.

Fakk2
08-31-2006, 07:03 AM
First. Have you seen screenshots of some of the PS3 titles? The graphics look like that of an N64 game. I don't care what magic HDMI can do, if the game is developed to look like shit, then it will look like shit. If the developer deems the game to look the same on both systems, then guess what...they will; just like with the XBOX and PS2. Again, it will cost companies more money to alter the initial game just to that it suits the PS3's specs.

Second. You basically re-assured me that you're one of those people who has to have THE best of the best out there regardless the price. Nothing really wrong with that, until it gets to a point where you're willing to pay 100% more for somthing for about 5% increase in quality.

Third, I acknowledged that there will be exclusives for PS3, and all the power to you if that's what you're after. If that's what you said in your first post I would have let it slide. It's normal that people would rather pay 700 bucks for a ps3 and an arcade perfect VF5 than 3000+ for a VF5 cabinet.

But as soon as you started bashing other system's capabilities that's where I had to step in. Even though the initial topic of this thread was towards SNKP, that could represent any small to mid-sized developer. For people who really couldn't care less about exclusives they will stick to a 360 because there won't be any big difference between games that are made for both systems. And I hate to say it, but if support for the PS3 starts to slump, exclusives will no longer be exclusives anymore. Developers are out to make money, not to support X or Y company. So lets just hope for your sake and other PS3 fans sake that Sony can build enough hype to recapture the people it lost during last May's E3.

Also, PS2's free online service was and still is a failure compared to XBOX Live's online service. What makes you think PS3's will be any different?

Sony depends on companies to host the online gaming on their own servers. That also means more money that a company has to spend in order to have end users utilize their games to a maximum. Once again, Sony is scaring off small to mid-sized developers with this concept.

In short, what I'm trying to say is the fate of any system falls back on the developers. Sony's current tactics are working against its PS3. Not only is SNKP backing off from developing, but several other companies too. It's not like Nintendo where Sony develops its own games and has its own characters and franchises. If enough developers drop off Sony's bandwagon, they're in big trouble.

Ok, I understand you point, but, to me, as long as the PS3 gets the games like PS2 got (Ratchet and Clanks, Killzones, Namco titles, Final Fantasy games etc..) then Im happy. PS2s free online service suits me perfectly as it works just as good as Xbox live (I owned one so I can say for sure, there was NO DIFFERENCE) and I use the fastest high speed cable there is with a d-link gamers edition router, and still saw NO DIFFERENCE between PS2 online and Xbox online other than Xboxes was just as laggy and I was paying for it.

I will always bash 360 because its so damn underpowered that it sucks and its games suck even worse... how long has it been out now, and it still has crap to offer. Not to mention its really shitty Backwards Compatibility and having to download emulators to the HDD just to play some xbox games.

If you think PS3 games look like N64 you a retard or just have no access to the HD Content that I have viewed. I have MANY HD videos on PS3 games and they look abesolutely better than 360 in a heartbeat. Ive shown many people the videos on my HDTV using HDMI and everyone says the same thing, that 360 is in trouble. Go to Warhawks site and view some. Seriously, saying that they look the same on HDMI or only 5% better is just plain stupid man, I have played the same games using Component and then switch to HDMI and it looks so much clearer, brighter, better color, you would be amazed, but you sound like someone who has no clue what HDMI has to offer. Use HDMI one time and you will totally dislike Component hardcore. Component is old anyways, didnt DC have that technology?

Go to gamespots website and sign up and download some HD content on PS3 games and play them on your WS HDTV using HDMI and then check out the MGS4 demo that was packaged in with Febuarys OPM mag and you will be stunned. And then remember they will look a TON better as a finished product.

and BTW your not paying 100% more for a PS3, hell after you buy an HD-DVD drive for your beloved Xbox360 (that has nothing to even do with enhancing the unit itself) and you buy the tons of other usless crap it has to offer and youve spent MORE than buying a premium PS3.

Oh , HD-DVD has only 50GB of space to work with MAX while BluRay has 200GB MAX to work with, do the math. (no pun intended, I didnt buy a Jaguar) ;) 200GB PS3 games, that will be awesome!

Oh and you think I like only things top of the line and nothing else, your wrong. I am a proud supporter of the Nintendo Wii (I wasnt at first, but it grew on me and has CGN backwards compatibility and that other stuff so Im happy.) and I will own one and buy many games for it. Not that I really want one, hell I may not even use it much, but I buy it just to support Nintendo! Yup and I would support SEGA if they were still making consoles, but they arent so I stick with SONY and Nintendo! With those 2 machines who needs anything else?

-Hibikster-
08-31-2006, 08:28 AM
Ok, I understand you point, but, to me, as long as the PS3 gets the games like PS2 got (Ratchet and Clanks, Killzones, Namco titles, Final Fantasy games etc..) then Im happy. PS2s free online service suits me perfectly as it works just as good as Xbox live (I owned one so I can say for sure, there was NO DIFFERENCE) and I use the fastest high speed cable there is with a d-link gamers edition router, and still saw NO DIFFERENCE between PS2 online and Xbox online other than Xboxes was just as laggy and I was paying for it.

Point taken, but that's irrelevant. We're talking about popularity and developer support. Sure you had a good experience, with the PS2 and a bad one with XBOX, but numbers speak louder. Mircorosft's systems are renouned for their online gaming and that is one of their major selling points. Developers don't have to worry about hosting their own servers when it comes to MS's machines which is why there are A LOT more online games for XBOX than there is for PS2, despite its limited library in comparison to the PS2's.

I will always bash 360 because its so damn underpowered that it sucks and its games suck even worse... how long has it been out now, and it still has crap to offer. Not to mention its really shitty Backwards Compatibility and having to download emulators to the HDD just to play some xbox games.

Yea, it usually takes a system a good 6 months to 1 year before the real goods start to come out for it with the exception of launch titles. But then again, 360's launch titles were pretty lackluster (Call of Duty 2 being the exception). Give it time, the good stuff for the 360 has still yet to come. When Kaz Hirai said that next gen doesn't start until we start it....he kinda shot himself in the foot. Without him realizing it he basically said "once ps3 starts coming out, 360 will start getting good stuff too". That's when developers will embrace and take advantage of having both systems out and will start releasing games for both systems in order to maximize sales.

If you think PS3 games look like N64 you a retard or just have no access to the HD Content that I have viewed. I have MANY HD videos on PS3 games and they look abesolutely better than 360 in a heartbeat. Ive shown many people the videos on my HDTV using HDMI and everyone says the same thing, that 360 is in trouble. Go to Warhawks site and view some. Seriously, saying that they look the same on HDMI or only 5% better is just plain stupid man, I have played the same games using Component and then switch to HDMI and it looks so much clearer, brighter, better color, you would be amazed, but you sound like someone who has no clue what HDMI has to offer. Use HDMI one time and you will totally dislike Component hardcore. Component is old anyways, didnt DC have that technology

Go to gamespots website and sign up and download some HD content on PS3 games and play them on your WS HDTV using HDMI and then check out the MGS4 demo that was packaged in with Febuarys OPM mag and you will be stunned. And then remember they will look a TON better as a finished product.

and BTW your not paying 100% more for a PS3, hell after you buy an HD-DVD drive for your beloved Xbox360 (that has nothing to even do with enhancing the unit itself) and you buy the tons of other usless crap it has to offer and youve spent MORE than buying a premium PS3.

Oh , HD-DVD has only 50GB of space to work with MAX while BluRay has 200GB MAX to work with, do the math. (no pun intended, I didnt buy a Jaguar) ;) 200GB PS3 games, that will be awesome!

Oh and you think I like only things top of the line and nothing else, your wrong. I am a proud supporter of the Nintendo Wii (I wasnt at first, but it grew on me and has CGN backwards compatibility and that other stuff so Im happy.) and I will own one and buy many games for it. Not that I really want one, hell I may not even use it much, but I buy it just to support Nintendo! Yup and I would support SEGA if they were still making consoles, but they arent so I stick with SONY and Nintendo! With those 2 machines who needs anything else?

Yea, the PS2 also had the emotion engine :rolleyes:

Good to see that you're providing sufficient info to back your opinion. Now it's my turn.

I went to E3 2006. I witnessed first hand what Sony had to offer. I played Warhawk. I played Gundam. I saw several other games as well. I wasn't impressed. Sure they weren't complete, but E3 is supposed to be the time to flex your muscles and Sony simply didn't live up to the hype, which left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I witnessed the 15 minute trailer in Metal Gear Solid 4 as well. It didn't blow me away the way I thought it would.

Also, go to a thread in Unrelated and you'll see some screenshots of some PS3 games there. The N64 comment was referring to the texture of the shrubs in that one golf game. And as for the rest of those screens, well lets just say that I didn't see anything that was over-the-top that the 360 couldn't do.

The 100% thing was hypothetical. I was using that to show that some people are willing to pay more for something than it is worth. Give it some time and when the price drops to a more proportionate level you'll regret paying so much for something in the first place. Most computer enthusiasts who love to have the best of the best always tend to fall for that trap. I look at the PS3 in the same light; an overpriced piece of hardware which most people won't appreciate and most developers will be too scared to produce games for which will all lead it to Sony getting dethroned in the videogame race.

And I'm going to emphasize this one last time: Developers developers developers developers developers DEVELOPERS. They are the ones who make or break a system, and many developers are saying that the PS3 is too expensive to produce for and even the ones who want to are proceding with caution. When you buy a PS3, you're buying potential, but if it doesn't have enough developer support, lets just say it won't have the same success its two predecessors had.

Fakk2
08-31-2006, 08:36 AM
very nice and well thought out.

I failed to mention one thing, I bought the 3DO for $700, it fell to $500 in 5 months, then to $400 a few months later etc..etc... till it was $50 in the stores. Did I feel cheated or ripped off for paying the $700, No... not even to this day. I felt I got what I paid for and with PS3 Im getting even more then I could ever hope to get. Backwards Compatibility, NextGen Discs, NextGen Video Quality, etc..etc... Im all for it, I personally wanted it to cost a bit more so it would over price the Pioneer LaserActive and 3DO but I guess $700 is good enough. ;)

Oh and like I was pointing out, Developers that make the games that I like on the PSX format stick with PSX all the way. You WILL NOT see games like Socom, The Getaway, MGS4, Ratchet and Clank, Jak X, God of War, Killzone, Gran Turismo, Siren...etc.. on 360 ever, and if you think they will leave the PS3 for the 360 or any other console your crazy. And to think I can play Shadow of the Colossus or God of War in HDMI on my PS3 in high def is gonna be awesome to play and see. :) Hell nothing on 360 even compares to those 2 games anyways.

Neo Alec
08-31-2006, 09:38 AM
Have you played Maximum Impact 2, KOF XI, Metal Slug 6, and Neo Geo Battle Colliseum?

Lime2K
08-31-2006, 09:43 AM
Yea, it usually takes a system a good 6 months to 1 year before the real goods start to come out for it with the exception of launch titles. But then again, 360's launch titles were pretty lackluster (Call of Duty 2 being the exception).

Quoted for truth. Does anonyone else remwmber what you were playing for the first year of the PS2's lifespan? I had RR5, Tekken Tag, and an assload of PS1 games. I went just over a year before I bought another PS2 game (which was Final Fantasy X.)

Neo Alec
08-31-2006, 10:07 AM
I thought KOF 2000 was awesome too, graphically and sound-wise, while 2001 was a huge step backwards. But that may be because I don't notice the gameplay elements in fighting games that a lot of people on these boards do, so for all I know, the fighting system on 2000 is broken, but I sure love the stages, characters, and music.

I agree with Fakk2 about the XBox 360. Microsoft needs to get out of the gaming arena and stay out. People aren't impressed with the power of the system, or the current games offering. Gears of War should have been out half a year ago, serving as a bandaid in Halo 3's absence. I just got Dead Rising last night, and so far I'm not really impressed. I can't say I like the pricepoint on the PS3, and the Wii, in my opinion looks stupid, but I suppose out of the three, right now the PS3 is the most promising.

Fakk2
08-31-2006, 10:26 AM
Have you played Maximum Impact 2, KOF XI, Metal Slug 6, and Neo Geo Battle Colliseum?

Dude after paying $49.95 for Max Impact 1 I dont think I can stomach another... god and to think they dubbed it in english with Baaaaad vioce actors. makes me shiver just thinking about it.
Yes I have ports of KOF XI, and NGBC and while KOF XI has good gameplay, Id rather it look more like a neogeo game. The backgrounds look to new for the sprites and I dont like the way the new backgrounds look either, the music was ok, but not as good as 99, 98, 2000, 03 etc... sound fx was good end bosses were awesome, 2d cut scenes rocked, I like the game except for the intro, I didnt really like it as much as I would if it were more Neo-Geo quality instead of a Dreamcast port feeling. NGBC I just didnt like at all and would rather play just about any other fighter for the neo before that one.
Metal Slug 6 Ive seen and I love the music and the graphics are ok (not enough use of scrolling, Metal Slug 1 BGs looked better IMO) and the levels are long, but no blood and a billion coins was not what I wanted at all, it really makes me not want this slug in my collection of games. Ill admit MS3D was way worse though. So I'll stick with what I said, the "Crap Homebrew" game is truely better IMO than anything Ive seen by Playmore so far. and the funny thing is, its the NG:Dev teams first attempt at ANY game! ;)

I guess Im just not a fan of playmore man.

Neo Alec
08-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Quoted for truth. Does anonyone else remwmber what you were playing for the first year of the PS2's lifespan? I had RR5, Tekken Tag, and an assload of PS1 games. I went just over a year before I bought another PS2 game (which was Final Fantasy X.)
Yeah, I ended up liking Ridge Racer 5 a lot, after playing for a long time (can't wait for RR7!) I had Tekken Tag, Street Fighter EX3, Fantavision (huge disappointment), Sky Surfer (ass), and maybe some other crap. I got Silpheed soon, and liked that, as well as Gungriffon Blaze, which wasn't too good. I got Golf Paradise (Swing Away Golf in the US) and my brothers and I spent a lot of time with that game.

The PS2 launch was kind of slow, but I look forward to doing it again.

Neo Alec
08-31-2006, 10:36 AM
Dude after paying $49.95 for Max Impact 1 I dont think I can stomach another... god and to think they dubbed it in english with Baaaaad vioce actors. makes me shiver just thinking about it.

You should give the second one a chance. It's much better. I hope you didn't buy the one with English voice acting.

Yes I have ports of KOF XI, and NGBC and while KOF XI has good gameplay, Id rather it look more like a neogeo game. The backgrounds look to new for the sprites and I dont like the way the new backgrounds look either [...]

What can I say? It's called progress, man. Nothing you can do about it. It sounds like you're just too biased to try anything new, and if you do, your bias prevents you from enjoying it. I know what it's like, I've gone through it more than once myself.

Fakk2
08-31-2006, 10:36 AM
I look foward to standing in line for 18+ Hours playing my PSP waiting to get my PS3 system. :) Just like the good old days of when I got my PS2. :) Only back then it was a different handheld. ;)

and Yes, I bought the one with english voice actors, how little did I know SNK ...eeermmm excuse me, PLAYMORE would do that to me, or anyone for that matter.

Ajax
08-31-2006, 10:46 AM
Playmore is excellent. Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and KoF XI are worth buying an Atomiswave for in a heartbeat.

Neo Alec
08-31-2006, 11:02 AM
and Yes, I bought the one with english voice actors, how little did I know SNK ...eeermmm excuse me, PLAYMORE would do that to me, or anyone for that matter.
You can't trust SNK Playmore USA. Who knows what they're all about. The quotes I've seen from the management there look like something from Victor Ireland from Working Designs. Get the Japanese release of Maximum Impact 2. You'll be happy. It's a nice fast-paced 3-D fighter that holds very true to the KOF franchise.

Hakkai
08-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Notice how this thread has become another love/hate SNKPlaymore thread. And yeah, I kinda agree with NeoAlec that SNKP-USA is lazy with game releases than its Japanese counterpart. I wonder how KOF2006 is going to compare with the original release of KOF:MI2.

werejag
08-31-2006, 06:41 PM
It's only for movies.
Shaddap.
o rly

how about you put out where this was confirmed.

roker
08-31-2006, 09:38 PM
o rly

loopz knows his shit

do a search

there's google

Neo Alec
08-31-2006, 10:35 PM
o rly

Why would you make a game for HD DVD that only people who have the upgrade can play? It's financial suicide. They would sooner just use multiple DVD's if they had to, and I doubt Halo 3 will need more than one. He's right, I've always understood the future add-on to be only for watching HD DVD video, and I don't see any reason why it would be used for games.

Fakk2
09-01-2006, 03:49 AM
You can't trust SNK Playmore USA. Who knows what they're all about. The quotes I've seen from the management there look like something from Victor Ireland from Working Designs. Get the Japanese release of Maximum Impact 2. You'll be happy. It's a nice fast-paced 3-D fighter that holds very true to the KOF franchise.

Funny I allways could trust SNK USA when they were just SNK. But I will look at MI2 JAPAN Version before I buy it, Im not ever gonna buy another USA Relased game from Playmore ever! MI 1 was so bad I never felt so ripped outta $50 bucks in my life like on the day I bought that game and heard the voice acting. I was so shocked at how abesolutely embarassing that game was to be made by Playmore Im still ashamed that they made that game, it was worse than MS3D, and MS3D is BAAAAADD!!

But nevertheless I suppose I will check out thier next 3D game just for some laughs or something as I highly doubt it will even come close to a true KOF game. Then again there is not 1 game I enjoyed that was once 2D and went 3D, except Mario on N64?? Castlevania, Zelda, Contra, Street Fighter, KOF, Metal Slug and yes even Final Fantasy I enjoyed a million times more in the 2D world. But I guess if Mario can be done ok in 3D than perhaps there is *some hope for another 2D-3D port.

Fygee
09-01-2006, 03:50 AM

That only really half their fault. They were forced by SCEA to redub all voices in English instead of keeping the traditional Japanese voices, so it definetely wasn't a decision on their part. However, it was their fault for not including the Japanese voices as an option, even if it wasn't the default one. They fixed that with the X-Box version, and MI:2 will also feature both voice sets stateside.

Believe me though, I was pretty damn pissed off about it too, so I understand where you're coming from.

BrutalDeath™
09-01-2006, 03:52 AM
just chiming in here to say fakk, you're a fucking moron.

Fakk2
09-01-2006, 04:22 AM
You should give the second one a chance. It's much better. I hope you didn't buy the one with English voice acting.

What can I say? It's called progress, man. Nothing you can do about it. It sounds like you're just too biased to try anything new, and if you do, your bias prevents you from enjoying it. I know what it's like, I've gone through it more than once myself.

biased? me? perhaps. I like my SNK games on the Neo and playing them on anything but the Neo just feels like a crappy port or somethiing and I cant get over it at all. I played SS Tenka for a few hours and felt it was pure crap until I got to the end boss of the game and for some reason, just playing that end boss made that game worthwhile to me, the music for him is PURE SNK QUALITY! The BG looks VERY Neo-Geo ish (feels like home to me) and the difficulty of him is UNREAL, another sign of SNK Quality! I truely love that part of SS Tenka , but as for the rest of the game, especially that American stage with that horrid American anthem playing in the BG, I couldnt be more unhappy with. I personally want to see ALL Playmore games to be as Japanese as possible and that one stage in Tenka pretty much killed the entire experience for me, it just doesnt go with a Samurai Japanese game at all.

I guess Its the way I view playmore, Im told they ARE SNK still, but I feel if this were really true then they would have made games like the way they left off, but, the way they make thier games is wierd, its like they forgot how the hell to make a game??? How can SNK go from 10 Years of perfecting games on the Neo-Geo, then get split up and come back together shortly after and all of the sudden they cant make a MS3 or Garou to save thier damn company!? I dont care what people say playmore is NOT true SNK quality and honestly never will be, this is why they left the Neo-Geo, I think they noticed nobody wants to really fork over $400 for what playmore can muster up, because in the end, it is not really gonna be like the games they left off making. The day that playmore makes another great game as good as MS3 or garou then I will start to take them more seriously, but by that time they will most likely be dead and long forgotten. sad but true. KOF XI was good, but in no way compares to Garou or KOF2k. Broken or not, KOF 2K had better roster, Better Music, Better Backgrounds, Better Intro and Better Credits in the ending, all around 2K was the best KOF IMO.

Fakk2
09-01-2006, 04:24 AM

Lots of love to you too buddy. :P

werejag
09-01-2006, 04:29 AM
Why would you make a game for HD DVD that only people who have the upgrade can play? It's financial suicide. They would sooner just use multiple DVD's if they had to, and I doubt Halo 3 will need more than one. He's right, I've always understood the future add-on to be only for watching HD DVD video, and I don't see any reason why it would be used for games.

microsft doesnt do "optional" they have a track record of forcing cunsumers to buy the optional as its required.

please find me some offical word on no games for hd-dvd until then ill stick with my belief that microsoft is not comiting financial suicide on just a hd-dvd accessory.

they must get enough people to suport development costs and making it a requirement does this.

Neo Alec what you understand and what microsoft is doing might be two different things.

Neo Alec
09-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Funny I allways could trust SNK USA when they were just SNK.

SNK USA didn't really do anything, other than sometimes distribute the games in the US. The games were always localized in Japan.

But nevertheless I suppose I will check out thier next 3D game just for some laughs or something as I highly doubt it will even come close to a true KOF game.
You're probably not going to enjoy it, with that attitude.

biased? me? perhaps. I like my SNK games on the Neo and playing them on anything but the Neo just feels like a crappy port or somethiing and I cant get over it at all.
Let it go. You can't play one system all your life. Some people have made lives of playing only one system like the PC Engine, but that console has way more than only 150 games developed for it. We're very lucky the original Neo Geo lasted as long as it did, but you can't expect it to go forever. If you're not willing to enjoy something else just because it's not on the system you like, then you're being biased.

Maybe if people back in the mid-90's weren't so dumb, the Hyper 64 could have gone on to do something great, lasted half a decade, and we'd be seeing another new Neo Geo arcade platform by now run by the original SNK, but that's not how things went.

Honestly, I agree with you about most things, Fakk. I don't like Microsoft's box either, and I am very loyal to the Neo Geo system.

roker
09-01-2006, 10:16 PM
microsft doesnt do "optional" they have a track record of forcing cunsumers to buy the optional as its required.

please find me some offical word on no games for hd-dvd until then ill stick with my belief that microsoft is not comiting financial suicide on just a hd-dvd accessory.

they must get enough people to suport development costs and making it a requirement does this.

Neo Alec what you understand and what microsoft is doing might be two different things.

prove that they ARE making games for the HD DVD

until then I'm sticking to my belief that you're a moron

-Hibikster-
09-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Oh and like I was pointing out, Developers that make the games that I like on the PSX format stick with PSX all the way. You WILL NOT see games like Socom, The Getaway, MGS4, Ratchet and Clank, Jak X, God of War, Killzone, Gran Turismo, Siren...etc.. on 360 ever, and if you think they will leave the PS3 for the 360 or any other console your crazy. And to think I can play Shadow of the Colossus or God of War in HDMI on my PS3 in high def is gonna be awesome to play and see. :) Hell nothing on 360 even compares to those 2 games anyways.

Remember what happened with the jump from SNES TO N64? I bet several fans of Nintendo would have called me crazy if I were to tell them that Squaresoft and other brands would jump over to the PSX. What was the reason you asked? N64 was superior to the PSX in terms of graphics and power, but it used an expensive propietary medium (cartridges) which ended up scaring off developers, much like how Blu Ray is. The only reason Nintendo stayed afloat is because they have a software division with their games/franchises which is arguable bigger than their hardware division. Sony doesn't have any prominent franchises for games or characters. Nintendo also stayed afloat with their success in handhelds. Sony doesn't have that luxury the same way Nintendo does.

Another similarity is the headstart the PSX got on the N64, much like the 360 got on the PS3. Companies like Square were still making games for the SNES but gave up altogether on the N64.

Very similar situations. Again, I'd be careful.

And yes, this weekend I went down to the major mall in the capital city here and checked out some Bravias and some other beautiful LG and Toshiba LCD screens. HDMI does make that huge difference I agree (they had demos of films and random scenes of things playing like a cat cleaning itself etc.) and you can see the tiniest details. But again, it falls back on the developers. How commited will a developer be towards the PS3. Developers tend to make games for all the current-gen systems to maximize profits, and the less coding that it needs to have the same game on both systems the better. Larger companies might not have a problem with that, but mid to small companies might.

Keep in mind that I'm not questioning the PS3's capabilities and how much more powerful it is than the 360 or Wii....but if developers aren't willing to invest in PS3's potential what good will it do you then? The only way that companies will think of investing into HDMI is if the 360 supports it as well...which it seems like it's beginning to with the aid of an adaptor.

EDIT: Speaking of exclusives becoming non exclusives:

The speculation:

http://www.gameshout.com/news/assassins_creed_no_longer_ps3_only/article8126.htm

The confirmation:

http://www.xboxtoday.ca/09012006/23/ubisoft_finally_confirms_xbox_360_assassins_creed

Oh and regarding the 360's backwards compatibility:

http://www.residentgamer.com/rg2/?p=202

Seems like the 360 is taking proper steps to finetune their system before the PS3 hits.

The trend starts here my friend. Again, be very cautious, I wouldn't count out the 360 just yet.

roker
09-02-2006, 04:37 AM
http://www.google.com/notebook/public/15560195815858841122/BDRQZIgoQip6rxtAh

scroll down to the article entitled:

Microsoft Showcases HD-DVD Drive for Xbox 360

Highlight:

Peter Moore, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business unit, told the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) attendees in January that the HD-DVD unit will be used for playing movies only, and not to distribute games.

oh and another

"I'm seeing lots of speculation about our upcoming HD DVD Player, and whether we have plans to publish HD DVD games. The answer is no." ; John Porcaro, a Microsoft employee and member of the Xbox Global Marketing team, explained in the team’s Gamerscore blog.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11573/HD-DVD-Xbox-360-Games-Another-Rumor-Debunked/

took me a second to find all that

-Hibikster-
09-02-2006, 05:00 AM

I wouldn't call it financial suicide...I'd say that they're taking more of a safe approach with it. They don't want to integrate a feature into the system which will automatically jack up the price like mad which has a potential to fail in the media war. If HD-DVD becomes a success though, I can see Microsoft coming out with newer 360s with a built in HD-DVD player and it might encourage developers to make games for it.

Greywolf
09-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Seconded.

Neo Alec
09-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Oh and like I was pointing out, Developers that make the games that I like on the PSX format stick with PSX all the way. You WILL NOT see games like Socom, The Getaway, MGS4, Ratchet and Clank, Jak X, God of War, Killzone, Gran Turismo, Siren...etc.. on 360 ever, and if you think they will leave the PS3 for the 360 or any other console your crazy. And to think I can play Shadow of the Colossus or God of War in HDMI on my PS3 in high def is gonna be awesome to play and see. Hell nothing on 360 even compares to those 2 games anyways.
Most of the games you mentioned are first party Sony titles, so there's no chance they will be switching platforms anytime soon.

J69
09-02-2006, 05:17 PM
My 2 penneth

1 - PS3 is priced way to high to appeal to the younger games fans

2- Majority of the PS3 games will be produced on the 360 and ported to the PS3

3- The 360 and PS3 hardware specs are very similar

4 - Blu ray will never take off (Sony minidisc/betamax anyone :spock: )

5 - Microsoft have already said the HD-DVD add on will be optional and wont be needed for any games. The 360 is a games console first and foremost, the PS3 is trying to be about 4 things at once.

6 - HD-DVDs wont take off either as most of America doesnt have an HDTV, an HD DVD player or the inclination to spend thousands of bucks on them all so the picture is a little but crisper

7 - Fifa and PES wont be on PS3 for 12 months

8 - Xbox live kicks Sonys ass anyday

9 - No games company is willing to spend the time, money and manpower on making a game that will totally max out the PS3 as the time and effort wouldnt match the money they would make from it

Mark of the Wolves
09-02-2006, 08:37 PM
In summary,

The PS3 is Ken's gift to gamers. You will buy one, and you will like it! PS3 > Xbox 360!

Neo Alec
09-02-2006, 08:47 PM
2- Majority of the PS3 games will be produced on the 360 and ported to the PS3
Only at first. Besides, there are lots of Japanese games already in development exclusively for the PS3.

3- The 360 and PS3 hardware specs are very similar

Nah, PS3 is significantly more powerful, thus the price.

8 - Xbox live kicks Sonys ass anyday

How so? The PS2's online seems to work about as well, and is free. The XBox Live Arcade offerings are so far miniscule, and can easily be surpassed by Sony or Nintendo.

9 - No games company is willing to spend the time, money and manpower on making a game that will totally max out the PS3 as the time and effort wouldnt match the money they would make from it
They said the same about the PS2, but since it was Sony, and it was the most popular platform, developers found a way.

GeoStigma
09-02-2006, 09:10 PM
If only the PS3's (US) launch titles weren't awful. Quick review (from wikipedia):

* Bladestorm: The Hundred Year’s War - KOEI
* Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
* Call of Duty 3 - Activision
* College Hoops 2K7 - 2K Sports
* EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 - Electronic Arts
* Fatal Inertia - KOEI
* F.E.A.R. - Monolith
* Full Auto 2: Battlelines - SEGA
* Genji 2 - Sony Computer Entertainment
* Madden NFL 07 - Electronic Arts
* Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision
* NBA Live 07 - Electronic Arts
* Need for Speed Carbon - Electronic Arts
* NHL 2K7 - 2K Sports
* Resistance: Fall of Man - Sony Computer Entertainment
* Ridge Racer 7 - Namco
* Sonic the Hedgehog - SEGA
* Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 - Electronic Arts
* Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas -
* Tony Hawk's Project 8 - Activision
* Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - Sony Online Entertainment
* Warhawk - Sony Computer Entertainment

There's really no major franchise present in that lineup except Madden 07 and who knows if anyone is going to be left to buy the game by then. FFXIII and MGS4 won't be out for awhile and everything listed is mediocre at best.

Mark of the Wolves
09-02-2006, 10:50 PM
There's really no major franchise present in that lineup except Madden 07 and who knows if anyone is going to be left to buy the game by then. FFXIII and MGS4 won't be out for awhile and everything listed is mediocre at best.

Have you been living under a rock? The only games that are major franchises are:

1. Bladestorm: The Hundred Year’s War - KOEI
2. Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
3. Fatal Inertia - KOEI
4. Full Auto 2: Battlelines - SEGA
5. Genji 2 - Sony Computer Entertainment
6. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision
7. Resistance: Fall of Man - Sony Computer Entertainment
8. Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - Sony Online Entertainment

2, 3, 4, and 8 will more than likely be utter crap. 1, 5, and 6 may turn out okay. 7 is destined for greatness.

Fygee
09-03-2006, 03:05 AM
My 2 penneth

4 - Blu ray will never take off (Sony minidisc/betamax anyone :spock: )

6 - HD-DVDs wont take off either as most of America doesnt have an HDTV, an HD DVD player or the inclination to spend thousands of bucks on them all so the picture is a little but crisper

First, Blu-Ray's success is entirely dependant on its price. If it gets reasonable fast (and it's Sony we're talking about, so its highly doubtful), then it has a chance to be highly successful, due to its use as a personal computer optical media option. They have six layer discs now that can store 200gb per disc, and even the single layers hold 25gb. For backing up data, or copying movies in the future, it would be a superb media. However, charging $1,000 for the movie player, $700 for the PC drive, and $25 per single layer disc is not going to win them any fans.

Second, those of us that own HD TVs (particularly 1080p models) are hankering for some high def goodness, and if you have a good TV, then the difference in picture quality is HUGE, not minimal as you suggest. It's all about what you put into them, and if you're just going to watch standard definition cable TV all day with RCA hookups, then there's no reason to bother.

Third, I think its a good thing that companies won't spend crazy money to max out the PS3's capabilities. That will increase the value of the system as its lifespan reaches middle age, in that we'll see constant improvements in the graphical quality even after its been out for a few years, similar to what happened with the SNES, PS1, and our good buddy, the Neo-Geo.

toy_brain
09-03-2006, 06:31 AM
I really wish I wasnt such a total sucker for system-war threads. I mean I own all the currently released consoles so you'd think it would be a non-issue for me.
God I'm such a troll.
Regardless of that...........

There's really no major franchise present in that lineup.........
This one phrase caught my eye. Its something I've been thinking a bit about lately.
How many people seriously buy a machine based on just a couple 'big' games?
Y'see, for me a console's worth is determined not by its one or two big name exclusives that its fans harp on about, but by the masses of decent/interesting/niche/solid-but-not-spectacular games that come out on it with very little fanfare, but are also not released on any other machine. Not because of some megabucks exclusivity deal, but because they just...... arn't.

I'm thinking of games like Katamari, Haunting Ground, Digital Devil Saga, Gitaroo Man etc etc. Not fantastic games, but nonetheless a steady stream of good stuff that keeps you entertained on a constant basis.
Its something the PS1/PS2 library has been very good at delivering, and I'm hoping the same is true for the PS3

Oh, and I still maintain that the reason SNKP isn't doing PS3 games for ages is due to the full PS2 backwards compatability. SNKP hasnt reallly expressed any flare for pushing 3D gameplay, so they might as well continue on with (cheaper to make) PS2 games.

GeoStigma
09-03-2006, 08:10 AM
This one phrase caught my eye. Its something I've been thinking a bit about lately.
How many people seriously buy a machine based on just a couple 'big' games?
Y'see, for me a console's worth is determined not by its one or two big name exclusives that its fans harp on about, but by the masses of decent/interesting/niche/solid-but-not-spectacular games that come out on it with very little fanfare, but are also not released on any other machine. Not because of some megabucks exclusivity deal, but because they just...... arn't.

I was more so trying to apply common sense marketing here.

Honestly, the amount of people I have encountered (and overheard) saying statements like, "Sony has Square, of course I'm getting a PS3" is outrageously high. Most of my friends don't even care what else is announced for the system, as long as there is going to be more then one Square title for it, they're happy...they just wish it was available on launch as opposed to sometime in 2007/early 2008.

When you are going to launch a videogame system, it makes sense to have at least 1 or 2 big name franchises to help carry it. Hell, the Wii is launching with Zelda, Metroid, Dragonquest and FF:CC because they are guranteed to sell well and will push system sales up.

toy_brain
09-03-2006, 09:33 AM
I was more so trying to apply common sense marketing here.

Well, fair enough, I was just interested in other peoples personal gaming styles and tastes, and was trying to get people to think beyond just listing big name exclusives.
I mean, no matter how good a game is, It'll only last me... what? 50 hours tops? (bit more for Oblivion and DQ). With each format only having a handfull of 'big' games spread thinly over its lifetime, thats gonna leave some pretty long gaps in the release shedule while you sit and twiddle your thumbs.

For example, I didn't buy a PS1 because of any specific game. I bought one because there were just A LOT OF GAMES for it, and it turned out to be a good decision.

Meh, well, I just thought I'd throw that out there.
Mabye I should start a thread in Unrelated about it......

soapy_jack23
09-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Ok a few things I wanna mention. I just kinda skimmed through the posts btw. Why oh why the hate for snkp? You do know that we have nothing for good 2d fighters besides what this company brings out. 3rd strike was released how long ago? And don't even say GG is good cause your wrong it sucks ass.let's see kof02,03, ms5 (dont like it fuck you), and the incredibly fun ssvs. Oh and then you have ss6 (tenka)
kof11 (with duck king :P ) and even ms6 isn't too bad. I am talking all this goodness in what 4 years? What has capcom released in terms of 2d fighters etc? Capcom is mainstream good mainstream but still mainstream. You like 2d games right? Snkp is your man. The only one out there. And to hear neo geo customers complain about a $600 system (ps3) I just break out laughing. I spent more on 1 game. 1 game never mind a fucking system. Hell the neogeo was the same price back when it was released wasn't it? I own a 360 yes but I will buy the other consoles. Halo sucks ass. Give me gears a little lost planet and finish it off with a nice dose of fatal fury special on live arcade (to complement my hyper fighting.) :P

Neo Alec
09-03-2006, 10:56 AM
If only the PS3's (US) launch titles weren't awful.
What launch offerings aren't awful? I can't wait to try to find something worth playing within all that mediocrity. It's what I do at every system launch.

kernow
09-03-2006, 01:04 PM
jesus christ let this thread die

the reason they arent doing ps3 games yet is because their games are so naff they'd run easily on a ps2 and it costs less.

:cool:

soapy_jack23
09-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Jesus christ 11k posts? Holy buddy. Get some sun :)

kernow
09-03-2006, 01:29 PM
:help:

over 5 years? I mean OMG

Valentini
09-03-2006, 02:16 PM
By hoping that SNK-Playmore re-examines its marketing policy with regard to the development under PS3

PS: Sorry for my approximative English

Neorichieb1971
09-04-2006, 01:38 AM
There are fundamental reasons why PS3 will succeed.. None of them have been mentioned so far.

PS3 is the best system, wether its the more popular or the best selling is irrelevant. When the 3DO came out, it was the best system on the market. Also, the games make a difference, I doubt PS3 will be the gamers choice if they like FPS games.

Japan - Japanese consumers have not indulged in the 360 experience. This means apart from Wii, there is absolutely no competition. Apart from Capcom/Tecmo there is no Japanese support for new product. I would imagine Capcom are just using 360 as a means to tap into western markets and port over a whole bunch of games to PS3 later on.

BR - It will take time, but the standard of BR will exceed that of HD-DVD and its built in. Not to mention 3 inhouse studios owned by Sony (Tristar, Columbia and MGM) who's movies will only be on BR. Oh and Disney too. Also, it should be noted that when PS3 launches, 3-5 million BR enabled players will be in homes at an alarming rate. I doubt HD-DVD will have ANY WHERE NEAR THAT for the forseeable future.

Backwards compatibility - Its almost 100% guaranteed.

Price - HD-DVD $500 vs PS3 $600.

Negatives re BR

Sony hasn't launched a player yet. Only Samsung has. Although I find this strange it does not surprise me that Samsung failed to spark enthusiasm in the format. Wait for Sony's machine and then decide.

As for HD-DVD gaming -

I can't see in the forseeable future that anyone bar Square could fill a DVD9.. And even if they could you could just use 2 of them. Obviously Sony will get Konami to fill a whole BR disc to make it sound necessary to have all that storage, but we know thats BS.

360 and PS3 are both great machines obviously. Its just sad to me that consoles have gotten into "can I fit it in the budget plan" like a motorbike or a sports car.

I sway towards PS3 because of Japanese support/first party titles. I would not buy one at launch because thats stupid imo. I will be getting a Wii based on the fact that it represents good value at an acceptable cost.

-Hibikster-
09-04-2006, 02:09 AM
By hoping that SNK-Playmore re-examines its marketing policy with regard to the development under PS3

PS: Sorry for my approximative English

With a sig like that, you don't need to apologize for anything. :lolz:

But in any case, until PS3 comes out, nothing could seriuosly be forecasted. Videogames probably have the wierdest business patterns (or lack thereof) compared to any other industry. One day a company can be doing really well, the next day it plummets, the opposite also happens alot too. Just when you think something is dead or dying it suddenly rises out of the ashes as something that takes people's breaths away. All wii can do is speculate. ;)

And yes i'm very confident that the Wii will be a very tough competitor this time around, despite being so different from the 360 and the PS3.

Neorichieb1971
09-04-2006, 02:13 AM
I believe the Wii will surprise on sales. Its just a matter of economics, not graphics.

CarlosZ
09-04-2006, 01:53 PM
My prediction? Wii will end up on top because of the price blah blah blah. Back to nintendo reign?

SNKNostalgia
09-11-2006, 02:25 AM
I agree with Neorichieb1971 on the Japanese support being a big plus. Let's face it, Japan owns yer ass when it comes to games. I mean yeah there is Eidos, ID Software and a few other companies from Europe and the US. Still, I have to say the companies like SNK, Konami, Capcom, and many others just seem to satisfy more. I am more of just a fan of games when it comes down to it. Most people as well as I favored what is considered to be the better systems like; SNES, Neo Geo, PS1, PS2. The games do the talking for me.

I do own a 360 right now and am somewhat disatisfied with the overall game releases right now. The only games I own are Dead Rising, Call of Duty 2 and DOA 4. I may get 99 Nights, but not sure yet. Still I just like having what is out there. It hurts my pockets saying it, but oh well, it is pretty balling. :buttrock:

Dead Rising is pretty kick ass and all but also can get very frusterating. That fucking clown and Louis from RE4. I fucking hate clowns like Problem Child to begin with anywayz.

wizkid007
09-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Gaymores done it again folks. :buttrock:

-Hibikster-
09-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Did you even read a single post in this thread?