Tech: Neo Geo 1 Slot - Test Switch Dead?

I'm currently helping a friend out by storing his Neo Geo cabinet while he and his Wife move stuff at their place and when I went to activate the Test Switch to bring up the menu, nothing happened. Apparently this has been an issue with the cabinet for a few months now and it's a bit disappointing as I wish to change some game settings.

I took a peek through a few manual scans, but found nothing that would lead me to how to repair the Test Switch so the cabinet functions 100%.

If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Have you checked that it's wired to the correct pin on the loom?

The JAMMA and MVS connectors have some slight differences.

mrchafe

Mr. Big's Thug
If for some reason you can't get the switch working, remember that DIP 1 will activate test mode as well, so at a pinch you can change the settings without a working test switch.

Well, my friend came on over and we tried to figure the wiring but didn't have much time. He showed me where the dips are and I configured them to work for Free Play and to tweak a few games, so I'm happy.

Oddly enough, following the wiring, we couldn't get the Headphone inputs working, so we think it may be toast for there.

Sadly, it's a 1 slotter in a 4 slotter cabinet.. so we both think it's time to go shopping ^^

Thank you everyone for your help with this ^_^

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
The Test Switch is wired to a different pin on the 4 slots and the 1 slots. (I know this, as I have both myself.) Look up the manual on www.HardMVS.com to see which version of the 1-slot board you have.