Atari to bring NEo games to PSP and DS

mungrin

Panko KING,
Atari UK has signed a new agreement to distribute the latest releases from Ignition Entertainment and SNK Playmore across multiple European territories.

The deal includes PSP puzzler Mercury Meltdown, due out in September, plus SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters for Nintendo DS, and PSP titles Blade Dancer and Metal Slug Anthology.

Atari will also distribute SNK's forthcoming PS2 products - NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, Samurai Showdown 6, and King of Fighters games Maximum Impact 2, Neowave and KOF XI.

"Ignition are known for publishing games that consumers want, and we believe this to be our strongest line-up ever," said Ignition's Phu Tien.

"We had numerous approaches from various distribution entities across Europe. However we chose Atari as they demonstrated commitment and drive, as well as being able to deliver a strong distribution presence."

I got this from http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

Metal Slug on my PsP woohoo!

Kap

New Challenger
Ignition getting support from Atari? This sounds very good. I hope that the upcoming 2D fighters will gain popularity here in Europe.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Kap said:
Ignition getting support from Atari? This sounds very good. I hope that the upcoming 2D fighters will gain popularity here in Europe.

I'd hope for Atari implementing online fighting

and bringing the same thing to the US

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
Atari has very strong distribution....
Hope SNK Games will sell well... :chimp:

Kap

New Challenger
roker said:
I'd hope for Atari implementing online fighting

and bringing the same thing to the US

Like Kanakura said, Atari has plenty of money because the DBZ games sell like hot cakes. So if SCEA starts to loosen up a little, thing will look better for you guys.

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
kanakura said:
Atari has very strong distribution....
Hope SNK Games will sell well... :chimp:
Quoted for the truth!

I can't wait to see most of those games over here should be good, shame about no xbox versions with Live play though.. :(

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
If they'd of said "to the Wii", this thread would have already had 10 "OMG, I'm buying a Wii at launch!!!!!" post. :chimp:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I'm more hoping for classic titles, but one can only hope/

J. Max

judas,
Abasuto said:
If they'd of said "to the Wii", this thread would have already had 10 "OMG, I'm buying a Wii at launch!!!!!" post. :chimp:

OMG, I'm buying a Wii at launch!!!!:buttrock:

mungrin

Panko KING,
SNK Playmore's Metal Slug Anthology for PSP will be arriving at European shops on October 27th, UK publisher Ignition and distributor Atari revealed this week.

The compilation consists of Metal Slugs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and X, and allows you to play in either widescreen or the original screen format.

There will be two-player wireless options for co-operative multiplay, along with some measure of exclusive content, although nobody's said what just yet.

You can get your hands (well, eyes) on some screenshots of the Anthology elsewhere at the site.

Originally announced during E3, Metal Slug Anthology is also being pieced together for Nintendo Wii. That version will include the most recent arcade game (absent from the PSP version) and will take advantage of the Wii's unique control options

THIS IS FAKING GREAT!!!

Baseball Star

dbarrett alternate account -- AVOID
atari

I heard atari is cleaning house and dropping a lot of projects in the last gameinformer i read, hopefully this frees up time and space for them to start working on snk titles - anything to keep it alive..

I'm really looking forward to Metal Slug Anthology, I just know it's gonna be awesome, especially since I haven't played Metal Slug 5 yet. Does anyone know if you can play Metal Slug Anthology with two players on one UMD?

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
mungrin said:
SNK Playmore's Metal Slug Anthology for PSP will be arriving at European shops on October 27th, UK publisher Ignition and distributor Atari revealed this week.

The compilation consists of Metal Slugs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and X, and allows you to play in either widescreen or the original screen format.

There will be two-player wireless options for co-operative multiplay, along with some measure of exclusive content, although nobody's said what just yet.

You can get your hands (well, eyes) on some screenshots of the Anthology elsewhere at the site.

Originally announced during E3, Metal Slug Anthology is also being pieced together for Nintendo Wii. That version will include the most recent arcade game (absent from the PSP version) and will take advantage of the Wii's unique control options

THIS IS FAKING GREAT!!!

The last interview that I read with the head of marketing of SNK Playmore Japan said MS6 would also be included on the PSP compilation. He didn't say if 6 would be on the Wii version.