NG Collections coming to America in 2007 plus Hi-Res Garou sequel?

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
I'm not sure how trustworthy this site is, but here it is:
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps2-news/3837.html

SNK Playmore has been rather vocal lately about the direction the company is going to go with regard to its game releases in the coming year or so. Their people in Japan have been speaking to anyone with an ear lately, including us.

Perhaps the biggest development for PlayStation fans is the announcement that the company plans to finally release some of its formerly Japan-only PS2 games in North America. Going into 2007, SNK Playmore hopes to bring a new King of Fighters compilation to North America, along with its classic Samurai Shodown and Mark of the Wolves titles. Previously, the company was unable to publish these games here due to strict Sony guidelines regarding 2D games, but those guidelines have been relaxed thanks to Sony's desire to keep support for the PS2 alive in the wake of the release of the PlayStation 3.

Word straight from the folks at SNK Playmore's home office in Japan says that the company is also hard at work on some sort of follow-up to Mark of the Wolves. They're keeping tight-lipped about this new game, but we do know that it'll use modern high-resolution graphics instead of the lo-rez 2D of the original game.

On the disappointment end of the spectrum, the company also wants to squash rumors that there will be a follow-up to the SNK Vs. Capcom and Capcom Vs. SNK (SVC Chaos) line of games. The co-branding pact made by SNK Playmore and Capcom has expired and there are no plans by either company to sign a new one. So, the official word is that there won't be anymore crossovers released once SNK Vs. Capcom: Card Fighters Clash is released for the Nintendo DS.

Lastly, with regards to next-gen, the official word is that the company has at least two games in the works for PlayStation 3. Officially, they aren't saying what the games are. Unofficially, our source tells us that King of Fighters and Metal Slug are a lock.

The long and the short of it is, SNK Playmore wants fans to understand that it intends to continue publishing their favorite games for current and next-gen consoles long into the future. And also to remind everyone that King of Fighters 2006 ships for the PlayStation 2 on August 22nd.

Kind of sad about the whole Capcom thing, I thought Falcoon recently said it wouldn't be out of the question to make a new SvC. Damn! And by Hi-res, they PROBABLY mean in the same style as KoFXI, since they don't specifically say sprites, but here's hoping!

Josh

Banned
A new SVC Chaos would have been awesome. Oh Well. A new MOTW sounds good!

SSS

neo retired
NEOWAVE said:
Oh Well. A new MOTW sounds good!

Be carefull what you wish for there buddy. We are talking about PLAYMORE, not SNK. lol at recycled neo sprites running in high res.

Even if this particular report is false, Playmore is still continuing their quest to whore out what ever's left of SNK's legacy. Metal Slug 3D, Maximum Impact, and the shit storm SS6. Not really a good trend.

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
we could sit here and bash SNKP forever about what they do wrong and how they killed all the good Neo franchises and whatnot....but honestly....you and I are all still going to buy the games. Its a fact....and I am not ahsamed to say that I absolutly love KOF Maximum Impact.

SSS

neo retired
ulasamosa said:
we could sit here and bash SNKP forever about what they do wrong and how they killed all the good Neo franchises and whatnot....but honestly....you and I are all still going to buy the games. Its a fact....and I am not ahsamed to say that I absolutly love KOF Maximum Impact.

In love with mediocrity? If you insist on slapping Playmore on the ass for half hearted efforts, be my guest.

daybona

Juz,
While I am all for playmore keeping 2D gaming alive, for the love of god leave MOTW alone!

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Even if they recycle Neo sprites, they will look awesome in HiRes. Garou is beautiful already and to have it totally cleaned up with no jaggies=instant eye candy.

And also even if they do recycle, there will be new characters. And also engine upgrades.

I'm looking forward to it.

Great news about KOF collections for the US but I already have all of them already, so I hope u guys that can't play them now can now play XI soon.

I would have really liked a 'finished' SvC game tho.

And I like KOF MI 2 a lot, and..?

IMO, Playmore redeemed themselves with MI 2 and KOF XI, after some games that felt like they needed to be finished first.

I am hopeful of Playmore now because I have fun when I play those 2 new games, especially in vs.

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Be carefull what you wish for there buddy. We are talking about PLAYMORE, not SNK. lol at recycled neo sprites running in high res.

That was 2003.

We're in 2006 now. And I'm seeing nothing but great quality games coming out from SNKP and there's no denying that, KOF XI and NGBC being prime examples of what's to come.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
In love with mediocrity? If you insist on slapping Playmore on the ass for half hearted efforts, be my guest.

You know, I get it that some of you folks like the real Neo Geo releases before SNK died and was then reborn with Playmore, but get the fuck over it. This isn't made to be offensive, but lay off the hate speeches for one second and think about the fact that at least some of these collections will see the light of day in America. I for one am glad to see SNK/Gaymore (OMG WTF I SAID GAYMORE INSTEAD OF PLAYMORE ROFL) getting to release these games here in the states. Hell, even "t3h crap" that Playmore releases has been better then most of the mainstream BS you see being churned out every year.

Be thankful for what you've got folks, it might not be here for long. Next thing you know the company will be SNK/EA and will have Terry in the next Madden game.

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach

iono man, KOF Xi was fucking kickass if you ask me. If playmore churns out more stuff like this, im all for it.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
KOF XI, NGBC, and KOF MI 2 (if you're into 3D fighting, if you're not that's fine) are proof that SNKP has a lot of quality games to offer. They're definetely on an upward trend and rather than dwell on the fact that the old SNK died five years ago, we should all be thanking our lucky stars that these games are even continuing to come out, and put all pretentiousness aside and enjoy what's to come.

A high-res MOTW with the presumption that it'll have the same quality and personality as the original is something to get excited about. I also hope this means that the PS2 ports for SS6, KOF XI, and NGBC will finally come to the US without too much delay.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Even if they make it a shitfest, you can just ignore it and play MOTW 1 instead of 2.

Honestly, my prediction as far as new playmore games goes as follows:

3-D or not, I think they'll be console only, with the minor exception of 1 or 2 more KOF's (one to finish the saga, and a last dream match), but even then I think there's a good chance it'll be console only.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
MOTW2, I can't wait for this.
They better make some good music...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Will they be able to make anything quality on ps3? I doubt their wares would get accepted for one.

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
Well now that they're divulging more into 3D, they might be able to come out with something that'll be approved by Sony. My suggestion to them though is if they do want to release something to do it within a couple of months of the release of the PS3. Because if they're going to wait until other companies start releasing the must-have games (MGS4, VF5), their game whatever it may be will simply get drowned out.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
-Hibikster- said:
Well now that they're divulging more into 3D, they might be able to come out with something that'll be approved by Sony. My suggestion to them though is if they do want to release something to do it within a couple of months of the release of the PS3. Because if they're going to wait until other companies start releasing the must-have games (MGS4, VF5), their game whatever it may be will simply get drowned out.

drowned out for looking like a ps1 game on a ps3, because they have no 3d skills

omg I can't wait for KOF MI3 on ps3, I'd play that over vf5 any day

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
roflwaffles @ Hi Res
KOF02 PS2 lol-piez

SNK need to brush up on 3d and make something fucking original, i've seen handicapped people that make games that look much better than KOFMI.

:angry: :kekeke:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
If KoF XI and Tenka get US releases then I'm all for it...

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I don't know, Maximum Impact 2 has some pretty good graphics, honestly.
Since it's not a serious title. they should have integrated all those fun things that ruin tournament 3-D fighters but would be fun on a home console release.

Destructible backgrounds with lots of variety.
Hills, huge areas for stages. Like stairs and the like.

4 fighter simultaneous. Yes.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Playmore has been putting out good titles, NGBC KOFXI KOFMI2, were all great games, and I've heard only good stuff about MS3d. They're not bad anymore, and I'd welcome a new MOTW from them

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Even a MOTW2 that's a rehash with a few new characters and filter/smoothing is still better than 80% of the garbage games getting released these days.

That's a fact.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
fatal fury fan #2 said:
kof 2006=KOF MI 2???:conf:
Yep.

Silly playmore :(

Edit: Thunder actually makes a really, really valid point. Yah.