PC Monitor Changing Colors During Use?

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I have a 19" Lacie CRT that was recently taken to a lan party and during transit was rolled over in the trunk of the car. Now, the picture turns from shades of green to purple to pink while in use. Hitting the top of the monitor's casing seems to fix it for a little while, but the color show comes right back... Any suggests for what I could do to fix this? I really don't want to trash this monitor, it's only a couple years old and cost a boat load. :(

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
I have a 19" Lacie CRT that was recently taken to a lan party and during transit was rolled over in the trunk of the car. Now, the picture turns from shades of green to purple to pink while in use. Hitting the top of the monitor's casing seems to fix it for a little while, but the color show comes right back... Any suggests for what I could do to fix this? I really don't want to trash this monitor, it's only a couple years old and cost a boat load. :(

it COULD just be that the Connector to the PC card needs to be tightened.

or it could have a weak solder joint somewhere.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
...or it could be knackered and you need a new one.
CRTs don't like to be knocked about, mate.

You've not had any magnets near it, have you?

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Instead of smacking it you should wiggle the cable that goes from the PC to the monitor... You may have tweaked the cable innards... if that's the case those can be a bitch to replace if you can't get the exact plug-in replacement.

It's either that or you have a broken solder joint, partially unplugged internal cable, or you cracked a circuit board. All of those can be fixed but if it's a cracked board you really need to treat the thing with kid gloves after bridging the cracks.

RJ