[PS2] Metal Slug 6 Packshot & Screenshots...

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Nice.
slug artwork (cover, promo, etc. not in game) in general has been sub-par since after 3 but this is solid.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Yeah I like the artwork too (although the logo placement bothers me).

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
Game Watch has the original shots in better quality.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060719/ms6.htm

2006-07-19_ms6ps2cover.jpg

2006-07-19_ms6ps2artgallery1.jpg

2006-07-19_ms6ps2artgallery2.jpg

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
lol classic

see how the art gallery stuff is from 1996.. oh suprise.

keep raping snk .. playmore

ShYtFaCe

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Any word on whether this is gonna be PS2 exclusive? How about a US Xbox release?

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
ms605.jpg

White blood ahoy...:oh_no:

GunstarHero said:
That cover art is an ugly mess.
That cover art looks better than the game...

Last edited:

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
kernow said:
lol classic

see how the art gallery stuff is from 1996.. oh suprise.

keep raping snk .. playmore

:conf:

As part of the Metal Slug 10th Anniversary, this game will contain artwork from previous games too.

SNKP owns the IP. Why the hell shouldn't it?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Kernow blindly hates everything SNKP's done, whether he's played it or not, so there's no point in arguing with him.

The cover artwork is pretty dire in terms of execution. It looks...unfinished. Mars People looks like he was drawn by a semi-talented 10 year old.

Aren't they through with enemies spewing jizz instead of blood? I thought SNKP finally got over that. Guess not. :\ Hopefully there's an option to turn it on or off.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
Aren't they through with enemies spewing jizz instead of blood? I thought SNKP finally got over that. Guess not. :\ Hopefully there's an option to turn it on or off.

Doubt it.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
Kernow blindly hates everything SNKP's done, whether he's played it or not, so there's no point in arguing with him.

The cover artwork is pretty dire in terms of execution. It looks...unfinished. Mars People looks like he was drawn by a semi-talented 10 year old.

kof2001 is awesome

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
Fygee said:
I guarantee there isn’t. Just like I did a year ago...

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
yeah i agree the Cover Artwork is pretty crap :shame: , but i still get the game. I rather play Metal Slug 6 then the 3d Version that SNK Playmore recently release.

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
I actually like the cover art.....screens look promsing....but so did 4 and 5...I havent played this yet, but it will definatly not be half as bad as Metal Slug 3D and as long as its better then MS4 and 5, I'll be happy with it.

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
Metal Slug 6 PS2 ad, featured on August issue of Arcadia Monthly. Click to enlarge.

Unfortunately, Arcadia prints out its issues a month prior to release, and they didn't get the warning from SNKP that the MS6 has been delayed, hence why there is that old release date on the ad.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
This is the first time I've taken a look at this game. Clark and Roberto are in it? That's pretty bad ass. Anyone know if Leona mdae the cut? As far as the artwork goes, it looks like it was done by a few different people. Also, with the new hardware SNKP's creating games on, there is no reason for that amount of pixelation. I'm not about graphics but they could have done a much better job.

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
FormlessOne said:
I'm not about graphics but they could have done a much better job.
I think SNKP should put this quote on every one of their new releases from now on...

J. Max

judas,
ShYtFaCe said:
Any word on whether this is gonna be PS2 exclusive? How about a US Xbox release?

I hope if they do release it for Xbox that they do it quickly...otherwise they might cancel it all together again.